Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Didn't realise that the beta had been extended until I loaded the game up last night to find out I could still play it! Ended up finding some new areas (still solo-ing) and even entered the Dark Zone, or whatever it is called, but I really did not enjoy that seeing as it is effectively PvP. The wonderfully eerie post-apocalyptic atmosphere is not not present here and, instead, the game feels just like every other third-person online shooter.

Absolutely love this game though. It surprised me with how good it actually is. The city feels like a real place and instead of there just being a few abandoned vehicles scattered here and there the streets are packed full of them as well as debris and rubbish. It feels very authentic and not at all like a game designed world.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I didnt like those random people you saw in town, they added nothing and they were broken. Saw few arguing, they should ad like mini quests where you try to break them up and maybe even shoot one of them, or saw a couple in a stand off with a dog. I got closer and they all run away, looked silly.

I might just get it for the sake of single player, cant deny i enjoyed it!

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea your abandoned disease ridden city, a heavily armed guy rolls up they do not know, i think many people would run, nm the people that hang out in those situations are generally too poor to flee the area.

One thing i wish is they would have left clancys name off the title, his history is military sims and his writing in the area top notch.

Fun fact clancy used a tabletop strategy game to plan out the military moves and theory crafted a number of top secret military techs, through the game, for his first book red october. He was so good at reading tea leaves through his gaming that he was suspected of getting top secret info from the govt.

4. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    But they seem to know where you come from and say " you are here to save us" or something along those lines.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    This sums it up for me as well.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Actually had most innocents on the street avoid me. Stepping back as I walked around with my gun out.
    A few would stay around, ones I could offer medkits and supplies to for XP.

Others would run away when they saw me, or step back and comment about how I should be careful with my gun. Or how I was making them nervous.

Saw a few arguing. A guy and a girl bickering, I stood there for a while, they get going... finally I aimed my gun at the guy and he commented on something like "Fine... I'll go" and ran off.
    Had a few dogs walk up close, and growl at me. Shooting at the ground in front of them would scare them and they'd run off.

I personally liked this.
    It made the city feel more alive and real, even giving it's desolate feel.
    Side quests would be nice, but not every person on the street should be something for you to do. That would be unrealistic.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    My experience was the opposite when it comes to this. I could run up on some people arguing, point my gun in their face and they would do nothing. Like I didn't even exist. And why can't I kill them? I know its not GTA, but that kind of takes away from the realism.

8. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I might have been spoiled by Witcher's implementation tho :) They felt a little awkward, cant explain it. Also hope there is a variety of enemies.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
  10. Essenthy

Essenthy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    i though the game look really sick, i was very skeptical at first, but its easily the best looking game i ever played so far

and they actually kept many things from the E3 reveal contrary to what many peoples are claiming, after spending many hours on it i got back to watching the old E3 demos, i was expecting to get choked ( like for watch dogs or worse Witcher 3 ) but in fact while some stuff was stripped, the actual game has many better aspect than those old demos, the biggest one being AA and the UI, they had a crapload of aliasing, the current game has nearly none, its pretty crazy

fro graphics TLDR: it was stripped down but no where near watch dogs/witcher 3 level

as for the Dark zone, i was going alone there, the pressure and that psychotic feel every time you meet someone was really crazy ! i never experienced something like that, totally worth it

played all the beta solo from start to finish, and the devs confirmed that the entire game is playable solo, never require a group, wich is amazing for solo players like me

her's some footage from last day of beta :

11. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Nice vid Essenthy. I've given you a thumbs up :thumbup: the colour correction you mention in the description gives it a much improved look.

Thank the lord Ubi actually put some thought into the HUD config as well allowing the players that prefer immersion over clutter to wipe the screen clean.

12. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080Ti
  13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Game looks really good, i wished there were some more fancy particles effect and illuminations, but i'm fine with it :p. No-where near Watch-Dogs letdown.

(1440p if watching on youtube)

14. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    Not being able to kill them might not be realistic, but the reason you can't kill them is because your agent has been activated to prevent the fall of society and re-establish law and order, not contribute to the breakdown of it (by killing unarmed innocents).

15. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Exactly. They would have had to develop a Good/Evil moral system to the game (which would/should logically affect the campaign story) if you could kill civilians or it would of been a glaring break in immersion.

That's the biggest gripe with games like GTA where it can be just a meat grinder of civilians without any persistence to the world. Commit genocide but only have to spend one night in the jurnt.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    There will be an open Beta soon.

17. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Isn't the open beta just on Xbone though?

18. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
  19. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    No, Xbox has 24 hour exclusive early access, but the open beta should be on all 3 platforms.

20. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    This is good news :) I only got to play about 2 hours on the last beta and I've been wanting to try it out properly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.