Tom Clancy The Division - Sneak Peek Footage

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A new sneak peek video for Tom Clancy's The Division has surfaced today, showing new gameplay footage captured from the Xbox One version. According to reports, the complete gameplay footage will be r...

Tom Clancy The Division - Sneak Peek Footage

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Looks very good considering it is from XBO.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's 720p, believe it.

Snowdrop engine is probably the best engine out there currently. It's certainly the best PBR engine, and looks sharper than Autodesk Stingray, which is brand new.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You know what it reminds me? Of that E3 Watch Dogs video when Aiden is walking and they show of the graphics. You know what happened later on and what we get...

5. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    apparently the pc footage will arrive later. looking forward to seeing that.

6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Besides resolution don't hope for more.

7. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    F this game with a rusty baseball bat. |

Single player is online only, you have to be online 100% of the time to play it.

Didn't 'we' learn from trying this a few years ago...or will they soften up adoption by beating us over the head with it.

Until one day we have to start calling up our car manufacturers to get today's unlock code from the digital keypad that will replace the lock...you know...for our convenience...

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lolz... if it happens again, I'll be damned bro, I mean people talked about it for ages.... :D gifs where shown in forums... it was a ****ing scandal bro. :D

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    lol, same thing is happening to this, just search google The Division Downgrade, some comparison screens are pure sh!!!t :))))

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    holy crap rly lol? XD :D

11. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Well, Stingray is a different thing, dont forget that it is really just a tool, we have yet not seen any game made with it. ( this said, Autodesk ( i use their softwares since the middle of the nineties ) have really something there. ( well give me one guy who dont use their software (3Dmax, Maya etc ) for developp a game ?.

This said, i have a small doubt that the final version will dont look exactly like that. This make so much time i heard about this game, that i was think it was allready released.

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Warhammer is the only the we know of but Stingray uses Beast, but hey, what doesn't?

13. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    pc version will be the best graphics and frame rate but issue with the pc version is uplay mulitplayer if you buy it on steam will you need uplay online aswell , and the console versions will be horrible to play if there at 30fps

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It will be interesting to see new gameplay elements, if they show anything like that tomorrow.

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Interessant, it is so new that i was think nothing have been released with it so far. Autodesk have start show it something around february 2015, but it is only officialy released in version 1.0 since this summer.

I reallly waiting to see how stingray shape, the interesting thing is how you can use every software out there ( not only from Autodesk ) for work inside it. without having to switch from the engine, the 3D softwares, the animation rigging and script one, the textures painting, characters sculpting etc etc..

I use mainly Blender since a bit less of one year, but i will load come back a bit on Maya, specially now that AMD FireRay ( Corona OpenCL https://corona-renderer.com/ ) is included as Raytracing engine ( for 3Dmax soon too )

For thoses interested, Corona ( really impressive ) gallery https://corona-renderer.com/gallery/ ( maybe one day games will look like that. )

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015

16. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    WOW... I am impressed. Some of those rendered images look real.

Edit: What happened to Lightwave by the way? I remember using it a lot some years back when I went through a phase of falling in love with modelling and animation. Is it still as famous as it once was?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Looking very good and the higher res on the PC should make it look even better.

Not sure how much interest i have in the game though.

18. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Here you go, this guy makes a quite impressive comparison, so the three most interesting techs get taken out, as every other focking time, Ubi is sh!t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv5OXQayi2o

As much as i really like this game, i won't buy it. My last Ubi game bought was Splinter Cell and it will be the last one until they stop this sh!t.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Lol that video is 6 weeks old.

How does it compare to this footage?

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I like multiplayer, but, forced online single-player? That's why I got refund for nfs rivals. Dying light and Far Cry 4 gets it right...give us the choice.