Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint May 9 reveal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 4, 2019.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    That's not gameplay, really irks me when people put out videos saying it's gameplay when it's not.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  3. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    I assume the reveals and demos will be pause free. I really like the atmosphere of Wildlands, the dark nights and so on but I still can't fix the pausing every minute or few minutes. Maybe I didn't do enough research to solve it.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Is this a new game or what? It looks like an Wildlands expansion or like WIldlands 2.0

5. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    It's more like a more serious tactical wildlands and if you are playing solo you are well solo, no ai teammates which is fine by me.

Kolt and ShadowDuke like this.
  6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I was watching the AMD Next Horizon gaming event again, and I noticed that the developer for this game said that it will support Asynchronous compute! Which means, that it will be DX12, because asynchronous compute is not supported under DX11.

So I guess that the AnvilNext engine that powers the Ghost Recon and Assassin's Creed titles has now been ported over to DX12 :D This has been in the making for quite some time, because I remember Ubisoft talking about porting the engine before AC Origins launched.

Skip to 1:24:30:

serbicu likes this.
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The GhostRecon Breakpoint BETA runs from 5th till 9th September and can be preloaded now !

If you still got the files from the tech beta you only need to DL the difference. :)

Can't wait!

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Maybe you can't but.. i know i can :eek:

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    i can't DL it now but tomorrow UPLAY+ is coming out which includes this game for free :D

11. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    It's an expansion really.

13. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Hey i got invited to BETA in uplay. Wow i cant wait for this .

14. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  15. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    DX11 only in the Beta at least

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Played like 15 minutes and vsync was off by default, enabled it and i lost 18fps, lol - i didnt change anything else yet, it was on high preset. Never saw a game reacting so heavy on vsync.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Vehicles still handle like ass
    Gunsmith stripped down because loot pool.
    Gear score and raids, WTF.
    Bullet drop is still insane because of the hard limits.
    Gun sounds are like airsoft guns, the bright orange tracers and cartoon muzzle flash kill it for me.

Performance is still no better than the other tests.

I can see me skipping this, I was hoping it would go for more of an authentic tone after wildands being super arcade like.

Obviously these are all personal gripes, Others may love it. But when the division has more of a grounded feel to the combat and weapons.
    A hard cover system and much better movement system.
    I feel like ghost recon has lost it

18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
    I was wondering why shadows were so badly looking (low res) and it was done by Temporal Injection being enabled.
    It's nice to see a game being smooth at very high settings(some Ultra) at Full HD resolution, compared to RX580 where it was unable to hold 60fps, even at low settings.
    Freesync does not work at all, it's choppy when a rotating camera, so needed to use Vsync

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Yeah a form of upscaling similar to what Watch_Dogs 2 (Well I suppose the technique is different but to compare with something and not AI like DLSS.) used and also used by Insomniac for Spiderman for "4k" on PS4Pro naming is a bit vague but temporal reconstruction using past frames so it can be a nice performance boost but not without a hit to overall image quality and then temporal issues.

Game itself feels very much like a update to Wildlands but using Ubisoft's new plan for RPG-lite mechanics and some changes to a few systems like the gunsmith (Seems less expansive now and many attachments are shared.) and then the usual cosmetics and such but at least for the beta the Skell credits are found almost everywhere and expensive stuff tend to be just the various "Cool-ish" looking entirely cosmetic stuff like face masks and such with weapon attachments and actual guns not too bad though these then factor into the leveling system and scaling and endless resource loot and upgrades and all that. :D

AI's kinda poor again and there's little dots and collectibles all over the map in typical Ubi fashion, can't say much about the story from the two minor missions but I suppose it's the usual business.
    Not sure what more to say, lighting is kinda bright but overall it can look quite good once the image is stable and not blurred or distant objects get scaled down or any other number of factors and streaming and pop-in. :D

Wasn't too bad just exploring for a hour or two and doing the story bits though it's funny it's you and the sole survivor...and these other four dozen sole survivors back in base camp as a result of always online and social stuff.
    (Friend Only option wouldn't be bad but that's been suggested since the alpha and the team so far hasn't done anything for mentions of that or offline though at least it seems limited to these hubs.)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti