Told to take this here.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by moriarty99, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moriarty99

moriarty99 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7950GT KO
    I read the thread mentioned by the staff and am posting this here as I was advised/ordered to before my thread was closed (why it wasn't just moved instead of closed I find suspicious) but I do know that moshpit helped me out and a good number of others hugely, and his message to Hilbert that was made such a big deal about seemed to be a responce to hilberts abusive tone in the thread about reputation. I didn't see moshpit break any rules and nothing said so far by the staffers have shown he broke ANY kind of rules. His earlier temp banning was probably deserved (actually I think it was VERY deserved as he kept argueing with somebody who also kept argueing when Hilbert told everybody to chill out), but this looks to be a serious lapse in proper staffing by Hilbert to assault somebody verbally then ban them for PM'ing him thier response instead of making a public spectical.

Am I to be banned next for sticking up for somebody who helped me alot? I don't know. But I saw that support for Hilbert's banning was not universal at all in the thread made just for moshpit. I'm VERY dissapointed by this turn of events and the way it was handled. I frequent moshpit's forums also and I've never seen him abuse his members the way Hilbert abused him verbally. I guess this thread will be closed too tho since the staff wanted here cannot handle disagreement very well...

I went ahead and PM'd moshpit about the thread made about him and he was apparently very amused and honored to have a whole thread made by this staff about his banning to explain it. But I think alot is being glossed over by those who were afraid of moshpits well spoken disagreements and needs to be aired publicly without closing this thread. I noticed the other thread was closed when it wasn't going the way the staff as the condemnation of moshpit was obviously NOT universal as they had hoped.

2. if you and moshpit take it so seriously just tell moshpit to register again and be done with it ffs. some people take some things way too seriously...

3. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    *sighs*

Good thing you told us he was amused, that should really tell you something.

This is yet again another one of those "If you guys had only seen the entire picture"-problems.

Sadly, yet luckily you don't.

It seems to me that you are doing this out of principal, which is quite stupid, as we don't really care about this subject anymore. Hilbert does what Hilbert wants, and his judgment is by far better than anyone else's here.

I also notice how you keep thinking that we close these threads down because we "are afraid" of moshpit's amazingly insight. That is still incorrect, as we mainly close them down to stop this nonsense, we do not have time to explain a simple subject over and over again. A decision has been made and you will have to live by it. If you don't want to - then leave. There's plenty of fish in the sea.

In fact, this staff can handle disagreement pretty well! As Hilbert stated earlier, at least 90% of this site is built upon feedback from you guys, this is no communist state. On the other hand, we are quite tired of listening to BS..

Do you guys lose night sleep over this subject? Don't you have anything else to do? Do you guys really think that we don't have anything better to do? Think again.

4. moriarty99

moriarty99 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7950GT KO
    He won't. It's just that I'm bummed about it as he brought me and quite a few others here from fhgamer. Why are you attacking me over this? I just found the whole thing very distasteful is all and am stating my opinion (which are like a-holes, i know).

5. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Why do I find it odd, that most of the time, when people complain on forums, the always bring in being banned?

Let me give you a little advice, when making an argument, do not introduce the idea of banning one's self, all it does is get you banned. It really lowers not only your argument it also lowers the quality of the force of the affect of your argument.

He was banned for a reason, he could have used other vocabulary and still have had more of an affect, and he would have only been temp. banned.

6. moriarty99

moriarty99 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7950GT KO
    ROFL. true, i don't want to be banned, but I will stand up and say something when I see wrong being done.

7. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What I find odd, is that we have here a person.. Who asks why another person was banned.. when that person asked to be banned. I thought we all knew our ABC's..

8. your self-righteousness is duly noted. the interweb thanx you for this noble stand against the forces of oppression. :dave: :nerd:

9. cepher2101

cepher2101 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7900gs KO
    Moshpit was banned because he was bitching throughout the forums. He also sent the owner of the site a nasty pm. Would you take care of a minor nuisance of your site and better the community if you were a mod? The answer to this rhetorical question is yes. Moshpit behaved immaturely, on more than one occation, and was banned because of it. The purpose of this forum is computers and technology, not ranting about some stupid forum feature. If he wanted to get back in ever so badly, then he could always pm Hilbert and say hes completely sorry. But I'm not garenteeing that.

Im glad he showed you what a great place guru3d.com is for tech reviews and help. But the moderators try their best to keep THEIR forum under control.

Also, thank you for posting in the feedback section instead of the pub.

PS: The reason why IB closed your other thread was because we are all sick and tired of Moshpit, his rants about "losing" forum features, and all of the threads about it. The users of this forum had a chance to discuss his banning in the thread Hilbert made. You had joined before then. You were given the chance, but you obviously dont check on this forum often to keep with news.

To learn more about Moshpit's history, By Your Self, you can always see the posts he made via his profile.

Although I wasnt too fond of Moshpit, I'm glad you care about other users of guru3d, but dont moan about somebody who misbehaved.

Edit: as Hilbert already explained, the length of how long Moshpit was at guru3d was taken into account. He obviously believed that his statements/posts went beyond the acceptable point.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  10. Goresack

Goresack New Member

HELLO douchebag of course people complain when you take away something they thought was cool...oh yes hi my name is nerd #1 and im gonna sit back and kiss some moderator ass so i can go around saying whatever i want... ZZzzzzz tell it to captain sandstorm

11. cepher2101

cepher2101 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7900gs KO
    Hmmm...first post....

is this a case of previously banned?

I have no proof, just speculations. Same additude, though.

Nerd, i am. Kissass, no. Saying whatever I want, within reason.

Get some real argument to prove your case. Other than that, I think your just a little unhappy with the way things turn out when you dont have attention.

Edit: I refuse to have a previously closed argument about Reputation. All I will say is that it was abused and it made no sense for a hardware forum. Newbies can decide for themselves to take advice from a well-said post or a want-to-be flame such as yours. Please take that elsewhere.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  12. Goresack

Goresack New Member

yes i am the legendary goresack
    ph33r my onboard video card and (insert gay stupid computer geek bull**** lingo here)

yeahhh man you suck

moshpit owns you guys

13. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Goresack; If you would like to enjoy this great forum, I advice you to put on another coat of sugar, cause that attitude will not make you stay here. Name calling was fun in 1st grade.

14. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    This thread is now closed. Any further threads on this topic will also be closed.

Firstly, we have been over this already. Everything that could be said, has been said.

Secondly, if this guy was a god, I could see why there would be such discussion about his banning, but he wasn't.

Finally, people signing up specifically to support the banned user in this whole trivial affair is a complete waste of everybody's time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.