1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To whoever made this -

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Johnny99, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Johnny99

Johnny99 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    thank you. This is the only tool capable of making The Witcher 3 super smooth for me.

2. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Same, the creator is known as "Unwinder" in these forums, very talented coder, I also believe he is the one who made MSI Afterburner.

By the way, if any game if giving you stuttering issues under Windows 10, read this thread: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/fix-game-stutter-on-win-10-1703-1809.420251/

Some tips to get The Witcher 3 running even smoother: Set nVidia control panel max pre-rendered frames to 1, Shadows set to Medium give an absurd fps boost and barely make any visual difference.

Also, you should try this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021 (Zero fps cost, insane visual upgrade)

How a fully modded Witcher 3 can look like:

Johnny99 likes this.
  3. Johnny99

Johnny99 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    The Witcher 1 is microstuttering for me but there is no way to fix it. You can check it for yourself, it's more visible with VSync on.

4. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    We are not talking about The Witcher 1? I never played that game, so no idea what you mean. Try searching on Google, TW1 does not have any stutter issues as far as I am aware.

5. Johnny99

Johnny99 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    It was in reply to you suggesting how to fix any game stuttering in Windows 10, sorry for confusion. It does have stuttering issues and this can be easily confirmed by anyone who tries to use VSync with it.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    prerender 1 and forced vsync threw NVCP fixed any stutter witcher 1 had for all my systems. without the prerender 1 and foced vsync the stutter in witcher 1 was horrid even thought the my gpu had no issue with doing 60 fps, that that same issue remained for 450gt/660gt/1060gtx/1070ti if I didnt do the above do ( game has to be fullscreen exclusive) not windowed fullscreen. seeing NVCP vsync only works with fullscreen exclusive last i checked

As for Afterburner and RTSS that unwinder made I think it best tool ever made for PC and it gamer's it among the first things I install on my pc upon installing windows. till the day unwinder discontinues it, even then I will keep using like my good old Winamp "it really does whip the lhama ass"

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i think witcher 1 behaved a bit like the original dead space, in game vsync would halve the framerate

might be wrong though.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    never played dead space on the pc, but i do know vsync in witcher was pretty much broke imo, which why I forced it threw NVCP along with prerender 1 and made sure the game was running fullscreen and not windowed/windowed fullscreen that combination always gave me smooth 60fps. this was back on windows 7 though I haven't played witcher 1 since then. I would think the above still holds true