1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To notebook gamers, which driver for SC2?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by wonton1017, Oct 8, 2010.

1. wonton1017

wonton1017 Member

GPU:
    2x Galaxy GTX670 SLI
    Trying to maximize my SC2 performance, currently using 260.63 for my GTX260m but my friend's 9800m GS is running even better than mine. Plus, we have the same notebook model but i have OCd my CPU.

2. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    SC2 automatically optimizes your display settings/resolution depending on your GPU. Different screen resolution or graphical settings is probably why he gets better performance than you.

Compare graphical settings, screen resolution, anti aliasing settings, ect.

On my 9650m GT I get aprox 30-40 FPS at medium-high settings 1280x800. win7 32-bit 259.32 drivers.

3. wonton1017

wonton1017 Member

GPU:
    2x Galaxy GTX670 SLI
    Like i said, because our model is the same, we have the same resolution and we've set the graphics settings the same as well. I purchased the newer version of his so i got the GTX260m rather than his 9800mGS.

Neither one of us touched the AA settings or the variables.txt file, he is using i believe the 258.xx drivers

4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    What he is saying is that because your friend has a slower card than you the game may have picked out lower settings by default giving your friend better performance. But by all means try the same driver he has.

5. xDfieO

xDfieO Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970 DCUII
    GT330M here and I could never run SC2 on Ultra/High for a long period of time. lol. temps run too high over here so then driver scales down performance to compensate. could be a driver issue though. im currently on 260.63 whqls.

bc2 used to have good fps but recent drivers brought it down. moh beta got affected as well.
    fifa11 fps randomly slows down and then goes back up. sorta like bullet time lol.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010