To GA-MA790FXT-UD5P Users (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Install)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ExoriaX, Feb 5, 2010.

1. magicdave26

magicdave26 Banned

GPU:
    S-HD 5770 1GB 1000 / 1400
    My setup does exactly the same thing during the install

Press any key to boot

Then takes easily 5 minutes to show the first screen, then again 5 minutes between each setup screen until the setup actually starts and then it is normal speed for everything else

I was told it could be due to having an ATI card in an nVidia chipset board, but have not got round to testing that theory yet

The issue just makes me wipe windows less

2. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    That's not how it works, multiple platters doesn't mean that there's some internal RAID 0 array between the platters or anything of the sort.

In real performance less platters leads to better performance as data is packed more tightly. If you compare a single-platter 500Gbyte drive with a dual-platter 1Tbyte one the performance should be roughly the same though.

Rotation speed, platter density and overall design does improve performance on newer drives but platter count have never impacted performance in a positive way from what I've been able to tell.

3. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti
    like renegade mentioned, its faster in ide mode for me than achi, but for me its only faster during bootup like as mentioned just because it skips a check. windows also installed much slower (exactly as the op mentioned) for me when i installed in achi over ide. at first i thought it froze up it took so long.

4. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    In the last couple of days I had massive bsod's while unpacking/packing large archives. I reinstalled the os and am now using gygabytes sata controller in ahci mode. For now all I can tell is that the speed seems the same(and still one freezing with the problematic archive). The os installed pretty normaly (within 15-20 min).

5. ExoriaX

ExoriaX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1080 Ti
    Updated: I am using F8K from Gigabyte.us still no fix. I am still having the problem.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  6. Shadow_Death

Shadow_Death Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290x Gaming 4G
    I don't know what to tell you... My crappy little Acer Aspire 5532 installs windows 7 way faster than this desktop. To me it just seems normal.

It will take 15 minutes on my laptop but 30 to an hour on the desktop.

7. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    Hey, I got the same mobo in my main rig and have no such problem. I only had problems with my 1600 rated cl9 ram running it @1600MHz. Has to be run @ 1333.

Anyway, I have the same slowdowns with my HTPC mobo in the specs. No bios update or hardware changes helped. Just seems to get stuck between loading some screens during Vista/7 installs. :(

Anyway, Im repeting myself... :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  8. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    The latest Bios F8K works fine here. Though it has only bugfixes for 6 core CPU´s.
    So i´m not sure why windows installs slow for you. Maybe you have to change some settings for the Ram. This board is a bit picky when it comes to Ram and the settings.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  9. ExoriaX

ExoriaX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1080 Ti
    Only changes I did in Bios are:

- Remove Post Screen (Picture with Gigabyte at beginning of start up)
    - Changed RAM 1333 (It automatically set to this if Bios is reseted.) to 1600 (RAM's native speed.)

That's it. Nothing else.

10. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    i just installed windows on a new ssd... and it took ages to even pop up with the first window. it would just load up the background, but not pop up with a window for me to choose install for around 5 minutes.

once it got started though, wasnt too bad.

i dunno about gigabyte mobos anymore though. had an issue a while back where it somehow screwed up and backwards flashed the bios on its own...

11. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    same here with a Intel G2 80Giga. It's not your board that is faulty is a general issue for gigabyte.:3eyes: