1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Core i9 9900k or Ryzen 9 3900x? That is the question...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vdelvec, Jul 19, 2019.

?

Which rig should I build?

1. Intel Core i9 9900k w/ MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard, 64GB RAM

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. AMD Ryzen 9 3900x w/ MSI X570 GODLIKE Motherboard, 64GB RAM

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  3. Go out & purchase another power supply, build BOTH systems & split the RAM (32GB between both rigs)

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Stop trolling.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    That's more than a year old and from a "security company" that didn't exist prior to supposedly finding said "vulnerabilities" and hasn't been heard from since.

Also, those "vulnerabilities" required making the system insecure to begin with. If you intentionally make the system vulnerable to attack, of course vulnerabilities will appear....lol It was nothing but an attempt to tank AMD's stock, which was proven by the fact that the media was notified before anyone else....particularly, a "media site" that is known for intentionally trying to tank stock prices of tech companies. Also, the "founders" of the supposed "security company" have no background in security, hardware or software. They do, however, have a military background and specialized in financial warfare....more specifically, exactly what they failed to do to AMD. Tank market prices. The entire thing was a financial hit that failed.

HandR, Neo Cyrus and Only Intruder like this.
  3. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/initial-amd-technical-assessment-of-cts-labs-research.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/845w8e/alleged_amd_zen_security_flaws_megathread/

The CTS labs "findings" were debunked aaaaages ago - the security "flaws" were only possible if you give the exploit payloads elevated privileges (i.e. admin privileges). Please don't post this nonsense stuff.

4. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    Sorry, I didn't read the date. I'll find the new posting on it........Who's trolling im posting good reason's not to buy the un overclockable AMD chips, of course your welcome to post up there advertised 4.60Mhz that AMD advertised it as.
    OH some stuff you don't read about, enjoy..........
    https://www.amd.com/en/corporate/product-security

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    The CTS Labs debacle was covered in detail, both on guru3D and elsewhere (you'd have to have been living under a rock to not know about it). It was widely acknowledged as an attempt to tank the stock and was not a genuine risk. You are either wildly misinformed or trolling.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    If you want to site security concerns, Intel has a laundry list of security flaws....and more seem to be found at quite regular intervals. If security is a priority, Intel would be the wrong option. Nearly every "vulnerability" announced for AMD requires direct access to the system, as well as elevated privileges or security measures being disabled.

So, either you're a troll, a fanboy or a shill..... Either way, you're losing what credibility you had.

7. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX TITAN
    I know my current rig is fine but I like building new PCs. LOL. I have an itch that I love to scratch. I was an real-estate attorney for 13 years and saved all my money so money isn't an issue. I just like new technology.

I do have a 2019 LG Oled 65-inch and a Dolby Atmos surround sound system (Pioneer Elite 11.2 receiver and Definitive Technology speaker towers and satellites). I don't have a shield though.