1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TKL Keyboard & mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MaCk0y, Aug 21, 2019.

1. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 Red Devil
    Currently have the Logitech G610 brown and G203 but want to replace them. Basically I want to get a smaller keyboard and a bit bigger mouse because the G203 feels kind of small. I want a TKL keyboard because I don't use the numpad and to have the mouse nearer to the middle.

What I need is:
    • Preferably software is optional and can do most of the customisation from the devices
    • Keyboard to be white backlit and with media controls, preferably with a volume roller which I use a lot.
    • Mouse to be a bit bigger than the G203, have the two additional side buttons and can change DPI. Nothing special. Doesn't need to light up.
    For the keyboard I found the Coolermaster M730 and CK530 or the Steelseries Apex 7 TKL that has a volume roller. For the mouse I don't know, preferably from the same manufacturer so I don't have to use 2 applications.

What are your suggestions?

2. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Seeing as you've not had a reply yet, i thought i'd just add my experience.

I have just aquired a Ducky One TKL Backlit (Blue, available in white i think), and it is capable of volume functions and stuff via the Fn key and a couple of other keys.
    See here, he has a good list of the available functions. No volume roller though.
    https://hschne.at/2018/02/15/a-simple-guide-to-the-ducky-one.html

edit : Lots of Macro stuff can be done with them too.

MaCk0y likes this.
  3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 Red Devil
    I did take a look at the Ducky keyboards but I forgot about the macro functions so I didn't consider them. I can set the arrow keys as the media controls I guess. Finding one to buy seems to be a problem though. The mini is everywhere but not the TKL MX brown. And even more so their Secret mouse. Aptly named I guess. :p

Evildead666 likes this.
  4. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Yes, they are hard to get.
    I saw one I liked in "Within 15 days" and just ordered it.
    I think they go out of stock very fast.
    ;)

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    Seems like you have similar taste to myself. I'm still finding that perfect mouse, but keyboard wise I've been very happy. I use the Techware Phantom TKL Brown Switch. It's $45, uses well known Outemu switches, the switches themselves are modular and you get like 5 extra. Comes with a keycap puller and switch puller. The software is optional, allows you to set to 1000 hz polling rate and change individual key colors, all the settings are remembered without running the software.

MaCk0y likes this.
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Happy Corsair K63 TKL Wireless Special Edition (MX Red) and Ironclaw RGB Wireless owner.