TJ07 Dual Loop SLI Project!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MikeMK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Looking good mike, bet the temps are going to be awesome!!

2. Don_Won

Don_Won Master Guru

GPU:
    evga GeForce 8800GTX (650/2100)
    LOL, Mike, every year i wait impatiently for a thread about some major upgrades to your rig. Apparently, for me, its one of the most enjoyable things on the web to read... :D wish u all the best and good luck

3. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    great job so far. but i have to say the tube routing looks a bit questionable atm. doesnt that bigger gpu loop that comes in the top card from above have enough room to come in the bottom?. its your rig ofcourse just wondering.

once again good overall job looking forward to seeing it complete

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Hey mate... not quite sure what you mean? Do you mean that the water should flow from the bottom GPU to the top? If so, then i really dont think it makes much difference to temps tbh, appart from that you had to have the bottom GPU last, in order to route the tubing to the res, otherwise there is no way you would be able to bend the tubing to the res inlet.

5. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can't you route the tubing from the top block the other way though? So it faces directly down instead of up?

6. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    sorry man im not too good at putting things in words i meant the loop that is like an "S" that goes to the top gpu, wont it bend slightly round the bottom gpu block so it enters the bottom of the top gpu?.

i think thats what john meant aswell

7. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Maha Guru

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300

Just what I was thinking, would look neater IMO. This looks like a great build so far, hope you are enjoying doing it!

8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Yup. i did think of doing that, but im pretty sure it would kink the tubing as the bottom card is too close. I could only just get the tubing out of the bottom barb on the bottom card, where the floor is cut away underneath it and there is a bit more space - and that took some persuasion. I agree it'd look neater. Might have another look, but im not sure it'll work.

Oh, and Logic Zero - yes, ive really been enjoying it, although im itching to get it finished now and boot it up! Still waiting for the pump top to arrive - looks like it'll be here monday so not too long to go.

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Right, ive rejigged the tubing, so the inlet on the top block attaches to a bottom barb. Its not 100% perfect clearance, but its not too bad, however it obviously requires less tubing. So, the question is, less tubing + slight kink, or more tubing and no kink. LOL!

[​IMG]

10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I can't say I see any kinks. Are you abe to take a close-up picture? Though I have to say that solution looks much better.

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah... agreed, i think it looks much neater too. I'll take a closer pic in a bit... in the mean time, started mounting the other blocks, and when i came to the NB it looked shockingly bad - scratches and alot of oxidisation:

[​IMG]

I couldnt live with that, so out came the sandpaper for some lapping -

[​IMG]

I only had up to 1500grit to hand, so not quite as good as i'd like - normally go to 2000grit - but its much much better than it was!

12. Mark

Mark Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Tubing looks far better but i dont think i could live with the kink. Would always be worried aboot flow rate. NB blocks loads better too.

13. CHUCKIT

CHUCKIT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 8G
    nice job lapping...love the tj 07 and 9 good stuff i knew this was going to be a great project since you chose the 07.

14. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My my, Mike. Running stock Swiftech nylon barbs, are we? :D

15. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    what an awesome project, the case looks so good with the layout and all.

16. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    now that looks nice. what colours are you thinking about for the water?

17. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    My bets are on blue :D.

@Mike: Have you thought about fixing the kinky situation with this:
    [​IMG]
    It might look a little cheesy, but it took care of all my kinking problems :).

18. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    if you could get those in black it would look better against the colord tubes

19. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    John,
    Didn't know you were such an elitest when it came to barbs, lol! I've always used the stock Swiftech barbs because all my other (high quality metal barbs) are G 1/4", the Swiftech barbs use a weird thread that I'm not familar with? Do you actually know what the threads are for Swiftech blocks?

Mike,
    Like everyone else I like the revised tubing route better but I also don't see any kinks in the picture? How bad is the kinking and where abouts is the kinked tube? If I remember correnlty your not going to watercool your SB right? Well last night I was just messing around trying to come up with ideas to rebuilding my TJ07 and noticed that it is possible to watercool the SB using that Swiftech chipset block. I installed it along with my G80 and was suprised to see there was actually enough clearence to make it happen (although it's close). If you had another Swiftech chipset block would you consider watercooling the SB or do you think that watercooling isn't really needed on the 680i SB? I have kinda decided there is no need to use watercooling on the SB, our Evercool heatsink seems to work just fine!

dirtbiker,
    I have seriously considered using those on my system because I actually think they look pretty cool and help to make tighter radius bends. The only problem is finding some that work with 3/4" OD tubing (I know they exist but their hard to comeby).

20. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Roger, Roger, Roger :D G1/4" threads will fit just fine on Swiftech equipment. I'm using some D-Tek high-flow G1/4" thread 1/2" OD barbs both on my Swiftech MCW60 GPU block and on my D-Tek Fuzion. I hate the nylon barbs as it's so much harder to take tubing on and off them than it is on some proper metal barbs. Metal barbs look much better too!