TJ07 Dual Loop SLI Project!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MikeMK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Great eye Jason, like you and Mike I also did the same thing when I first installed my board. At the time I had installed my waterblocks and wirring so it sucked to pull it all apart but I think it's imporant! Plus I think that the picture above is just a mockup to fit all the tubes and stuff, I'm pretty sure he'll be watercooling the NB and will also be using air cooling to keep them GKX cool, lol!

2. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    very well done Mike!nice clean look,i like it!

3. jason_20087

jason_20087 Master Guru

GPU:
    460gtx
    yup watercool the nb best option i watercooled my cpu and gpu (single loop) didnt put the nb in didnt fancy the extra heat in the loop, if id had an q6600 then probably would have, i took the stock off and cleaned it up and replaced it with some as5 stays around the 45-50c mark thats with a 3.6 overclock, one thing before i forget id change the tubing from tygon to something else if you plan to run some uv thorugh it, use the tygon myself and uv doesnt show up much (at all) from what i can see think its becuae of the wall thickness, or could of just been the uv dye i was using.

4. jason_20087

jason_20087 Master Guru

GPU:
    460gtx
    crossfire i didnt notice u upgraded from your fx5200 :-b lol

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Whoa, alot of replies!

Well, ive been running all 4 blocks on a single loop over the last few months, and the GPU temps never differed by more than 1 or 2 degrees. Short of adding a 3rd loop (which really isnt worth it) there is not much you can do about that.
    Anyway, GPU temps arent the problem - my EK's have been keeping them at around 33-35 degrees idle, and about 38-40 degrees on load. Its the CPU that always been the issue. With the NB & 2 G80's on the same loop the combined heat really has been effecting it. Hence the move to a 2 loop setup.

Jason - Well spotted the screw! Will put that in later :)

Roger - The pump im using is a DDC Ultra 18w with a petra top. The other one is a DDC Ultra 01s 18w, which is a minor revision. Both are more powerful than anything else on the market atm so long as you have the petra top which really makes a difference :)

6. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Awesome job Mike! Your mods look great.

7. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thanks Mike I'm on the hunt now, hope their possible to find in the States? Are the pumps AC or DC?

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The new DDC's have more than a minor revision change - they have drastically reduced performance compared to the old ones. The engine draws less current and the impeller isn't the same. The news ones, even with new tops, aren't much better than the D5's performance wise.

9. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Doesn't sound like a very good revision then unless your more concerned with energy savings than performance? So those DDC pumps are more powerful than the much larger MCP655 (D5) pumps? The DDC looks much easier to mount and a smaller footprint! Thanks John for the info, much apprecaited!

10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The old DDC's were plauged by death. It's thought that they've made this new revision to fix this sudden death syndrome, but I'm not sure if any official information about the matter is avaliable.

The old DDC's, especially with modified tops, had better head pressure than the D5's despite their small size. I never bought into the hype because I can't have a pump in my system that I don't trust 100%. Upgrading to a new revision DDC2 from a D5 now isn't worth it, unless you need/want the smaller size.

Just my opinions though.

11. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    Mike man its looking really good i really cant wait to see this thing all finished up. i might have to try my hand at water cooling my comp

12. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Awesome stuff matey, keep the updates coming.

13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Ahh, i wondered what the new revision was for - although i heard its currently only available in Europe atm.

Also, never had any probs with my current DDC, although I agree that I have heard of other people having problems with them.

14. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    It's been two days Mike but no updates, anything new going on with the rig? That new pump top must have been delivered by now? Anyway just curious how things were going man, hope to see some new info soon!

15. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    looking nice looking forward to see the results :)

16. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Right update time. I started on the 2nd loop last night, and man did it take longer than I expected! LOL! the PA120.3 was really difficult to fit without kinking the tubing. Really tight in there. I have had to make do with a push configuration on the fans, which isnt my prefered option, but there was no other way to fit it in so it will have to do unfortunately.

Anyways its looking good, and its all ready to connect up the blocks and the pump, then its just a question of filling it!

[​IMG]

Not sure how well you can tell from this pic, but its meant 2 give you guys an idea of tubing clearance.

[​IMG]

17. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Awesome Mike, thanks for taking the time to post an update, I was just giving you a hardtime in my earlier post about no updates, lol! By the way I known just what you mean about those clearance issues because the other day when I mounted my old BIP along with my BIX GTX, fortunelty my BIP is much skinnier than your PA series radiators so I'm suprised you got it to work at all!

After seeing your above pictures (with almost all the tubing connected) it made my wonder how the heck SCAN got three separate loops all put into this case along with even more watercooling hardware than you have (everything was watercooled except for RAM)! Anyway bud it's looking great and I'm looking forward to it being up and running soon!

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Well, ive found that the pump top has now been posted and hopefully will arrive any day now. Which is great. If it gets here tomorrow then i'll have the whole thing finished on sunday! Cant wait... I have games mounting up here. Ive still not finished EP2 or WIC, and GOW arrived yesterday, and Cod IV the day before. Not to mention crysis and UT3 out next week lol!

19. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I just got GOW and COD4 yesterday and can't wait to play them (unfortunetly I'm good at making my school work a priority so no gaming until homework is done)!

20. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    That is one of my main problems, lol. I do other stuff and don't complete homework, then I'm up until 1 O'Clock finishing it. :O