TJ07 Dual Loop SLI Project!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MikeMK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. volcom

volcom Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX XXX 7900GTX @ 749/1927 VX2025VM
    Doing great man:)

2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Hey guys... its the weekend! YAY! Time to get on with the TJ07.

After half an hour of fileing on each of the holes, I fitted the fill ports in the roof... and very neat they look too, even if i do say so myself ;)

[​IMG]

3. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    where did you buy the fill ports

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090

5. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I remember thinking how good my fill-port looked when I installed in into my old Stacker case but your look simply great! As corney as it sounds they really do look great Mike! Any insight into how the radiators/pumps are going to be setup yet? I'm curious how the PA120.3 and PA120.2 are going to look. I know the pump will go above the front panel thing (by the way you did a great job modding that HDD rack base to make a cover for the front panel thing)!

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Thanks Roger. Well its all ready 2 start moving the rig accross. In terms of rad placement I know the loop order im gonna use, and have an idea where it will all sit, but until I get the PSU and 2nd rad out of my current build I cant be sure exactly how it will work. Hopfully tomorrow I'll have some pics!

7. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Can't wait m8!

8. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    Wow! Looks so... Professional. :D

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Right, a few more pics. Finally getting the hardware in. Had to do a lot of little mods, like additional cuts for the fan cables that took longer than i expected!

This is the cover I made to mount the pumps on, above the front panel connectors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really pleased with the fillports... cant believe how well they turned out!

[​IMG]

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    OK, couple of hours on, and making good progress. A tip for anyone attempting this - DONT get yourself an enermax Galaxy!LOL! Its seriously tight fit down there as u can see from the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now for an exciting bit ;). The Res's are finally mounted, and one of the pumps. Cant wait for the petra top to arrive for the 2nd pump! Typical they had 2 b out of stock wen i ordered:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. lblrydr

lblrydr Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia 8800GT 512MB 600/900
    looks awesome mike, cant wait to see more

12. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    Nice nice nice nice!!!!! MORE PICS!!! :D

13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Here ya go then... the mobo is in ;)

[​IMG]

14. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Dam Mike your making my case look worse than it already is. Nice job on the Cable M.

15. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hats off my friend, that is truly awesome! You have done some really impressive things,

1. The 2x fill ports (very clean looking)
    2. Those 2x reservoirs are great looking but even better they fit perfect and line up just right with the fill ports and and pump inlets (there was alot of thought and planning that went into this before starting the build)!
    3. The very well thought out cabling job is, I hate to say it again, awesome! I really like the way the PSU ATX cable looks so clean plugging into the motherboard, if I keep my case I'm going to copy you for sure!
    4. Already mentioned this but that pump base is nice and well thought out too!

I could probably mention more it just makes my system look worse and worse, lol! Now after saying all those nice things I'd like to know how your fans will be situated on the two radiators down below (as in what way the fans will blow/suck? It looks like your going to mount the fans on the inside of radiator so that they suck in cooler air? I have tried a similar setup with my BIX GTX 120.2and my old BIP 120.3 but it didn't leave much room for running the tubes? Have you had any issues running the tubes with both radiators setup? Well keep up the great work and keep us posted as you can.

16. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Right... the GPU loop is now in!

[​IMG]

Looking good. Now ive just gotta wait it out for the petra top to arrive, so I can do the CPU loop :)

Roger - The rads will be pull, although I may have to shift one fan on the tripple to push mode, as it wont fit under the barbs, and I dont think theres enough room to put the tube's down the outside, and all the fans down the other. As u can see, the tubes from the 120.2 fit quite nicely accross the top of the 120.3. The tightest fit on the GPU loop was running from the GPU to the res. I really thought it wasnt gonna fit at one point!

17. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    Looking good! But one thing, with the water flowing from one GPU block to the next, wouldn't you think that the hot water from the first card would make the second card run hot? I may be wrong, just a thought.

You're doing a great job mate! Keep up the good work! ;)

18. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    @Crossfire: G80s run so hot as it is that warm water wouldnt affect them badly enough to have to create and individual loop for each card.

@Mike: Very nice work! I am anticiptaing the completion of this build :).

19. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Just for giggles Mike I installed my very old and very crappy BIP 120.3 in a very similar posistion to yours this evning. Wow what a pain in the butt that was and I've only got one loop! I ran both radiators in opposite posistion to yours though (120.3 barbs are at front and 120.2 barbs are facing back towards PSU). Plus I'm testing out a E6850, so I had lots of building to do today and unfortuenlty not much time to play! Anyway the loop is looking great man, what are you running for tubing and how are you getting away with no hose-clamps (of course I bet that is just a mock up for now until you get your other pump top right)?

When you starting putting the GPU loop together did you try a bunch of different routes or did you plan it all in advance? I regulary try to route my tubes better and make shorter runs, even though this case is large once you get two radiators, two reservoirs, two pumps, two GPU's, and two fillports it starts to look much smallers, lol! One last question, what pump are you actually running (MCP-355 w/Petra's top)? Just curious because I think I'm gonna get rid of my MCP655 for a pump like yours. They are smaller and are probably about as powerful? Good luck m8 can't wait to see this thing up and running, also can't wait to see what your temps will be like compared to your previous build!

20. jason_20087

jason_20087 Master Guru

GPU:
    460gtx
    missing a motherboard screw between the 2 gtx's i done the same thing but didnt like the bending in the board so took board out and put one in, such an expensive board at the time didnt want ne thing to happen not that it could of course but just incase.
    Nice build very smart, ever thought of a t peice off the top gtx, never liked the idea of them myself untill i had problems closing my stacker door so use them and not affect temps, know it would affect the flow abit but would look better if u were to use a fancy ddr cooler (want to keep them d9's nice and cool) or a northbridge cooler or block. good luck look forward to seeing the project finished.