TJ07 Dual Loop SLI Project!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MikeMK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Yeah good point, thanks anyways!

2. MrHydes

MrHydes Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SLI
    lovely... the red suits jvery well ust perfect

3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Good job there postman, looks great... red was a bit of a change for me, but pleased with the results, and it just had to be done with the bloodrage.

BTW, couldnt do us a favour and send my that ATI screen for your GX Typhoon?

4. JoeMunky

JoeMunky New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870
    could you not put a little artist's putty on the led? the stuff i have is sticky but not strong enough to do any damage :)

5. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    If we are lucky, they will mate and produce little baby TJs soon! :nerd:

6. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    That is just beautiful guys!

7. Mark

Mark Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Thanks Roger. Took alot of time and effort to get em looking like that. Glad people like em

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    My last case was a TJ07 and I loved it but once I saw Mike's case finished however I realized mine would never be as good so I sold it! In fact I've been without a case ever since, lol! Looking at both of your cases above made me remember how much time, effort, and money it takes to look that good (hours and hours spent organizing wires, planning cooling loops, and overclocking)! I don't think most people realize just how much work it takes! Keep pushing it....

9. Mark

Mark Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Indeed. Im so supprised u got rid of your case mate. Its far and away the best case ive ever owned. Build quality is amazing. Best £200 ive spend on my pc. I think projects like these are a work in progress. They certainly dont happen over night. I already have a few ideas for the next time i take the loop down and re-jig it :p

10. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    You make a great point, I regretting selling that case just hours after I shipped it out, lol! Its still one of the very few cases I would consider using, although I've gotten spoiled with the ease of having no case (testing hardware is very quick and easy when there is no case)!

Do you think you'll be making the switch over to i7 anytime soon or will something else be upgraded first? I hope I'm not taking this thread too much off topic, just tell me to shut up if I am.....

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Hey Roger, good to see you about m8... I dont think Mark is likely to upgrade anytime soon... you might just notice some of his parts from another PC ;)

12. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Nice to know your still alive m8, good to hear from you! As soon as I read your post above I realize you have made the switch to i7 (and that Marks system looks very familiar), lol! Your new hardware is looking great, in general are you happy with it? If it wasn't for downhill mountain biking (and the season starting) I'd also be running i7 but DH mountain biking is very expensive (even more than computers), lol!

However my current system is running strong @ 4.2Ghz (1.35v) and that is on air cooling (TRUE Cu). I've got the GTX295 on water (DD full-coverage block) and the motherboard is all stock cooling. Instead of testing/tweaking all the time I've actually been using my computer a bit (lots of gaming and Blu-Ray movie watching)! All I need now is a case and I'm golden! Well sorry for the life story but haven't talked to you in a while, take it easy man!

13. JoeMunky

JoeMunky New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870
    MarkMk, that is possibly the coolest pc i've ever seen.

I used to love the alienware stuff etc, but since coming into the pc building scene about 6 months ago and building my own, I am completely amazed over and over

But yours really catches my eye. Its inspired me to either buy a TJ07 or just build a whole new pc (Still TJ07 lol)

Then I can chuck Core i7 in there :)

Congratz:tomcat:

14. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Very Nice work Mike!
    Couldn't read the whole thread, but love the blood red theme. Keep up the OC let us see some more..........

15. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ye biking is verry expensif i need to shed out £500 for my new forks but carnt right now just borght a motorbike lol and could do with a new BB for my shimano saints :) and could do with a new front wheal my mavic ex721 is a bit knackerd but my halo sas 48 spoke is still solid at least :)

and mikeMK you decided if you were going to go crossfire ???

i think quad fire would finish it off nicely

16. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I would go crossfire, except quad Crossfire X really shows no benifits in games at my res. infact i recon i'd prob see more of a real world benifit from SLI'ing a pair of GTX285's as there would be less overhead due to running fewer GPU's together. Its an odd one, and it does tempt me from time to time, but not enough yet!

17. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ahh i see maybe its time to get some 285's then or are you wating for the next gen cards???

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Again, i have thought about switching to a pair of 285's, i could always sell my X2 to put towards it. But as ever, its a question of whats around the corner cos my X2 doesnt really struggle very much with anything tbh. Difficult, cos as im sure most ppl know i do usually like to have the best performance u can reasonably get! ;)

19. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    lol ye y not 2x 295's then then new single pcb one is out late april to may time

20. liguhy

liguhy Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    I'm going to buy a TJ07 and water cool it. How you've routed your cables and installed the reservoirs with fillports is absolutely amazing. I'm adding this to my bookmarks of must have mods to do once I get going.

On a side note: what would you think about using one (or two) Koolance 240mm Inline Reservoirs or one (or two) XSPC 250 Passive Radiators instead of the EKs? I'd drill into the XSPC's top cover to mount the fillport tubing.