TJ07 Dual Loop SLI Project!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MikeMK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    That paintjob turned out great, Mike. Did you find those elbows yet?

2. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    that looks so sweet! you might want to try to take that white stuff off the fan hubs, it really stands out too much i think(but im a nitpicker anyway).

3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Thanks john... I have had to order some nylon ones, as they were the only ones I could find for the time being. Not too convinced by how good they are - will see when they get here - so Im still on the lookout for some decent metal ones. Hopefully I'll manage to source some from somewhere!

Kwak - Fair point mate. The white bits are just stickers, so it wont take a minuite to whip the fans out and take the stickers off!

4. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nylon is fine. You don't want aluminum elbows in there anyway ;) I'm still thinking a plumber can supply you with copper elbows..

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    yeah, im gonna get the yellow pages out next weekend and call a few local places... see what I can find!

6. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    :rock::rock::rock::rock: Simply awesome Mike, I hope your not pissed when I do the same thing with my case? That truly makes the case look 100% better and more classy than when the aluminum was just plain. You must be happy with the way it came out, was there anything that didn't come out the way you wanted it to? Also I see some different flat-head screws in the back-panel, is that because you had to drill out the rivets to get the thing completely separated? If that is the case do those screws simply screw into the panels or did you have to use a nut & bolt combo? Well thanks for making all of us feel inadaquate and self concience about our own systems, lol!

EDIT: I almost used copper one time for elbows so I've done some research on it. If your running 1/2" ID tubing than use 3/8" copper elbows and it's a perfect fit. The problem is find copper elbows with long enough arms on each side of the actual elbow, usually there is only about 3/8"-1/2" to work with on each side.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Yeah, i had to in rivet the motherboard tray from the back of the case, and then use M3 nuts/bolts to put it back together. Those ones are only tempory though, so i could get it back together again - they will be replaced with black ones shortly :)

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Did you give any thought to just re-riviting it back together again instead of using nuts & bolts? Unless you plan to pull it apart again or on a regular basis it might look better with rivits? Granted this is only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt!

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Yes, I did think of re-riviting it, but I dont have a rivet gun to do it, and I've already spent a ton on this! LOL! I may re-consider though, depending on how good black bolts look, and if i can find em in the 1st place!

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Quick update for the day. Had a couple of packages arrive - the Fillports for the roof are here, and im glad I got the delrin ones. Very smart they look!

Also my Nexus HDD adaptors arrived, as the HDD's are being relocated. U might be able to see in some of the pics that I drilled additional holes above the top 5 1/4" bay - this is where one HDD will go, and the other will go underneath that, behind my Matrix orbital. Obviously though I need the adaptors.

A few other small bits & pieces arrived like black thumb screws, and rather annoyingly I accidentally only ordered 2 elbow barbs for the rads, so now im gonna have to order another set and pay the additional P&P! LOL.

Thats about it for today im afraid.

11. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Good stuff matey, keep us updated.

12. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    That looks like a grand paint job there. Drilling those holes must have been a buttock clenching moment.

13. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    What no pictures of the new hardware, comeon Mike put some effort in m8! Just giving you a hard time although I would like to see those elbows and those HDD adapters (can you throw a linky up)? Like you I relocated my HDD up to the 5 1/4" bays because I removed the HDD mounts down below. Thankfully I've only got one HDD, otherwise room can become an issue very quickly! Wel thanks for the update...

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    LOL... was it ever. I debated long and hard about doing that mod... lol. Think its worked out ok though!

Roger - I didnt have chance to take any pics today. Will post some tomorrow at somepoint ;)

15. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Don't worry bud, was just giving you a hardtime! You have done a good job keep this thread updated! I know when I'm rebuilding or building a new rig I'm more focussed on modding than on taking pictures and notes, lol!

16. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    wow man that paintjob came out amazing good job

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Thanks m8... im pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Just a few finishing touches needed, which will happen over the next week or so.

Doesnt look like its gonna get finished this weekend though. Only 2 Elbow pieces arrived - apparently they didnt have enough to send me, so the remaining to will be sent when they recieve stock. Also my Petra DDC01s top still hasnt arrived from coolercases :(

Still... in the meantime, here's a pic of a couple of things that did arrive - one of the Nexus HDD adaptors, and one of the DD Fillports:

[​IMG]

18. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I was looking at those HDD adapters, the description says there is some rubber in there somewhere to help isolate the harddrive. Well I don't see any rubber, since you have seen them in person can you verify that they will indeed help isolate the HDD?

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Yes, there is rubber - The blocks where the screwholes are, are big chunks of rubber, and they protrude above the heatsink - so only rubber will actually contact the case when you install the HDD's.

20. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Nice, from the pictures it's hard to tell. To me the product looks like 100% aluminum, very nice in anycase! I'm using a similar product but its a bit more homemade, lol!