Titanfall on Xbox One Does Not Run in 1080p

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 13, 2014.

1. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT Black Ed
    Crap console specs are crap. There's no defending it.

2. Asgardi

Asgardi Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Hmmm...

You are not too smart yourself. Most people don't choose the console only based on gaming performance. Half of X360 owners doesn't even use it for gaming regularly. There is alot more going on with these next-gen consoles than gaming.

Choosing PS4 only because of gaming performance is very stupid. If you look for performance, you choose obviously PC.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    lol, can't handle a freaking SOURCE ENGINE (!!!) game at 1080p, way to go next gen failsoles.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I think that fail falls just as much on respawn as Micro$oft.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wonder how the 360 is holding up. That SKU has never been shown afaik.

6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Pathetic, considering the time we´ve been gaming at 1080p and these are next-gen consoles.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah .. my 4870 was pushing more pixels than these things so long ago. I wonder if things will really improve as they will start implementing fancier effects & physics so will it be balanced out with the better optimizations or things will go back down to 720p and sub-720 on the Bone?

Since they are x86 they *can* release upgraded units backward compatible with the current models? Dunno but this could be an interesting generation.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    when I read half of the comments. It seems people would be glad with tetris if it was 1080p nothing else seems to matter really :D

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Some people don't like the large scale battles scene in BF4. I personally prefer the smaller CS/Titan Fall/Quake style arena match things. It's way more competitive and and usually features a significantly higher skill ceiling.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nope, only if it was 1440p, I moved on from 1080p 3 years ago... :p

11. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I really don't get this huge focus on the resolution. We all knew that these new consoles wouldn't have much more power than the previous gen so I don't see why this is such a prevalent topic. To me, it's all about the games, if they are fun, play well etc. and very little to do with what the native res is. Sure, to some extent, res is part of the picture but in all honesty I don't feel it truly makes a real-world difference. Seriously, the majority of console gamers won't even notice or won't care regardless. Sure, many high-end PC gamers will balk at the idea, but they are a VERY small minority. Bottom line for me: Fun factor trumps resolution every time when in comes to order of importance.

12. makaveli316

makaveli316 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I'm sorry, but if you buy a console not cause of the gaming part, you're an idiot by default.
    500 bucks for a media center?
    Xbox One is a joke of a media center, if that's what you mean with "not only gaming".
    My TV is a better media center than the Xbox One, which doesn't even have DLNA streaming...
    Same goes for the PS4 of course.
    I didn't say people should choose a console for the performance only, but c'mon, when you have 2 similar products, one is 100 bucks cheaper and it happens to have a bit better hardware specs, why wouldn't you choose it?

P.S. And i know PC is a better option, but i'm not playing 2k14 on the PC, cause it's pure crap compared to the console version.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So wait, Xbox One can't play a SOURCE ENGINE game at 1080p? Sad

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol .. CoD gets laughed at for its Quake 3 roots and it seems like Titanfall will get pointed out for Source! :)

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    And it starts the FAke 720/1080p with scaling.... No thank you that goes for the ps4 too if it not REAL 720p/1080p I dont want it This is looking to be last console gen I do before I soloing go back to PC only

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i'm ok with it being Source, i LOVE source, and wish more games used it. It has nothing to do with Source that i find this sad, it's the simple fact that Source is easy to run and therefore the xbox one not being 1080p, is just sad

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    The other way of looking at it would be: the Xboner is so utterly underpowered it could only run the source engine :)

lots of date-specific videos on gluetube from EA's cohorts of sponsored videos from their so-called independent non-employees to take a look at.

All of them saying how amazing the game is...gonna wait for the real reviews on the released game very carefully on this.

18. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070
    Considering the current gens are basically low powered PC's I would think AMD could still push the performance of both machines higher with updates. AMD hardly ever get's drivers where they should be for awhile on GPU's so who's to say when Devs get more time with X1's architecture and hopefully AMD improvements games wont all run at 1080. The X1 may just be to underpowered to do it, but I'm just trying to be optimistic.

19. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I think it's easy to see why Xbone can't do 1080p in a lot of titles. If you compare the multiplatform games where PS4 runs in a higher resolution than the Xbone, it basically comes down to shader count.

I'm sure they could run at 1080p, but then you'd have framerate issues. It's a sacrifice they have to make to keep the games looking good.

20. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    they shouldnt call it next gen to
    just current gen 1.5 or something