Titanfall deals?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSparil, Mar 4, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    They serve pretty much everywhere except the US. I've tried using them before. It's a shame because they usually have really good deals.

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Titanfall Deluxe Edition - Includes season pass : £28.30 via Mexican Origin.

Titanfall Deluxe Edition w/ Season Pass for PC through Mexican Origin.

Use Hola for Chrome, or another free VPN if you want.

1. Go to www.origin.com and turn on Hola and choose Mexican (Will be in Spanish but use Google translate if needed)
    2. Put Titanfall Deluxe in the basket (will be 599 Mexican Pesos)
    3. Open shopping basket and click proceed from lower right corner
    4. Disconnect from your proxy just before logging in to Origin.
    5.Log into your origin account (and change page language to English if needed)
    6. Buy it like normal, (I used Paypal and just stuck in a random Mexican address)
    7. Order will complete as normal and you will get confirmation email and Titanfall now in your origin account!

NOTE: if you have already purchased the standard edition and want deluxe, just hop on EA live chat and they will cancel & refund it straight away so you can purchase the deluxe edition.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    CS has a learning curve. The game has been out for a decade and some of the same players are still playing and still improving in some ways. CS 1.6 is still in the top 15 steam played list.

If you don't see how the shooting in CS is different from COD then uhh, yeah. COD is point, click and hold. Recoil barely effects the output and there is no pattern to learn. CS is literally the opposite. You can only spray when close and even then weapon recoil effects the gun heavily. At longer ranges you need to burst in between strafe movements to be effective at all. There is no sight mechanic with the main weapons so the stop start movement that COD has just isn't there. There is also very little benefit to wall peaking as the maps aren't really setup for defensive positions like they are in CS. I turn a corner in CS with my crosshair on typical play positions when opening sites. In COD my crosshair follows the geometry of the map as movement isn't penalized and players rarely play the same spots.

Titanfall has the same stop/start movement that COD has. You run, you stop/slow aim to shoot then run again. You're not penalized for open running because you can aim and spray near instantly with zero penalty. Once again I find my crosshair following geometry. I'm not significantly penalized for movement. With both COD and Titanfall sound mean very little so you essentially run till you see a target and just spray them down. The movement is faster paced but the mechanics of the movement, turning weight, start/stop decision making, etc are all the same. My GF l asked me if I was playing COD when I was playing the Titanfall beta, despite her not seeing me play COD in nearly 4 years (I haven't played since MW2).

So yeah in my experience (740 Hours CS:GO (LEM), 1000+ Hours CS:Source/1.6), (340 Hours of COD MW1+MW2) and a week in Titanfall Beta, CS is nothing like COD, and COD is pretty similar to Titanfall.

I still think COD can be fun and with my limited time playing Titanfall I definitely had fun playing it. But I don't think it will ever reach the level of competitive play that CS has. I also don't think it will have 40K people playing it each day a decade from now.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Well yea, from a competitive standpoint no game will come close to Counter-Strike.

And i think the only difference between recoil in CS and CoD/Titanfall is that in CS (IIRC), recoil consistently makes you fire higher into the air, whereas you have some height adjustment on automatic fire in CoD/Titanfall, and the bulk of the effect is in a wider bullet spray. You can't just hold the button and spray someone to death, even at mid-range in CoD. Yea, they'll die at some point, but you're far better off doing what you'd normally do in just about any FPS.... short bursts of fire or single rounds for longer range.

I dunno... i just didn't feel like Titanfall was anywhere near CoD in terms of gameplay.

edit: and harkinsteve.... i wouldn't keep recommending that to people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c...exico_battlefield_4_premium_2831_2281/ccs8oc2

Edit #2: tv spot is kinda funny, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrMbMxZre9E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014

5. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Really? I read the first line and thought to myself: "Try a CS game" and then I read the second line and now there is a big hole on my side wall.

I have been playing the CS games basically ever since release both competitively and casually. The CS (especially 1.6) hands down for me has the highest learning curve in multiplayer FPS games simply because it isn't running and gunning as it is in COD and you have to master a bunch of other stuff such as recoil control/peaking/cross hair placement/nades throw/map and sound awareness.

The shooting mechanics cannot be compared, in COD you run and hold the left click, crouch, jump while moving from side to side and you will be accurate and will kill the opponent regardless of weapon type. People going around with snipers and doing weird 180,360 turns in the air and killing people?

Try any of that in any CS game.

6. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    It's clear some people have a very different definition of what a "learning curve" is when it comes to a shooter. In my book, every FPS has a learning curve of some kind. Even if its a simple arena style shooter, you have to learn the weapons, when to use them, how to aim them and how to maximize their potential when trying to rack up frags. To say that Battlefield is the only shooter with a real learning curve is pretty ignorant to me.

It comes down to what you want in a shooter. It's different strokes for different folks. Personally, I'd rather invest my learning curve in a good RPG and keep my shooters more simplistic. ie: blowing sh!t up ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  7. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Will this work for the US? Could my account be banned whatever if I do this? lol

8. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 3080

9. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Mexican proxy is how I brought BF4 and I've logged nearly 200 hours without issue

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

11. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Yeh man, I'm not losing much sleep about it, it is EA after all, lol.

12. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Sweet! Thanks for the prompt input everyone. Gonna get it once I get home wooooo

13. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    lol isn't this the truth

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    This is so good it needs showing again :)

Also, what is in the deluxe? Is it like BF you get the game and any DLC that comes out?

15. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Deluxe gives you the season pass.

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    What's in the season pass? Sorry not been following this game at all

17. ___ezzy

___ezzy Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    Use paypal for the Mexican Origin Store. Also don't use Bank of America because I used my card to buy BF4 Premium and they flagged my card for fraud. Everything was taken care of but it's just a heads up.

18. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They proly thought it was a somekinda secret terrorism funding

19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    same as the season pass for any other game like Borderlands, CoD, Battlefield (though they call it Premium). Access to the upcoming DLC for cheaper than buying it all as it comes out.