Titanfall 2 , coming 27th of October

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, Oct 26, 2016.

1. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Would love a way to turn off the blur around the edge of the screen

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    I don't have the game myself (Yet.) but there could be some command-line argument for it though despite being Source at least the first Titanfall had very strict restrictions on console commands so it's probably not going to be of much use here either if it's as locked down now.
    (If it's just darkening that's vignette but blurring I'm not really sure what that could be then.)

EDIT: Took a bit longer but GMG seems to have sent the keys out now.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just got my bonus check from work. Considering picking this up since I've heard/hearing great things about the campaign.

But, I've got another friend hassling me constantly to get Gears 4. Conflicted I am.

4. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Why not both?

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The budget says so.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I've been watching a few streamers play this and while it looks decent enough for Source Engine, I just don't understand what the hell is going on in the story. It looks completely ridiculous and doesn't make any sense at all.

Damien - I'd recommend Gears4 for single player. It's got mechs too so if that's what you're looking for. The story is ridiculous though.

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    solid 4k , 65 to 85fps here

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Viper is so hard

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Heh, well I guess that's a pretty clear sign of me being fatigued from being up just a bit too late last day (well, night.) when you're smirking and thinking if it's a name of a mech or just really enjoying the game. :D

It's a fun game though, also very difficult and I heard online is very fast paced too due to how mobile players though not too much health so keeping up momentum and avoiding being hit is probably critical ha ha.

10. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    Been watching both games too and I dont know how can you even compare those 2.
    GoW is hide behind cover shooter(for consoles) while TF2 is fast paced and bit different kind of shooter.

Just bought TF2 today and hope this game will stay alive because it looks like amazing MP game.

11. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080
    DSR doesn't seem to work properly here. Anyway, you can set custom resolution via the command line launch options in Origin. To do that Right click TF2 in Origin> game properties> and write add -height <value> -width <value> (without < >) to the launch options where the values is your DSR res.

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I ended up picking Titanfall 2.

While I love Gears of War, and no matter how good I keep hearing Gears 4 is... I also keep hearing that it's just "More Gears". That, it ultimately plays it pretty damn safe and doesn't do anything to make it stand out.

With TF2, I at least get the mech battles, the movement systems (double jump, wallrunning) and other elements.
    And, really, quality FPS games have been pretty thin this year, and it's my favorite genre. So... I grabbed it.
    A couple hours in... and loving it.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Multiplayer is freakin awesome! it's really hard to stop playing when you get rewards after every match.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Would.... like an option to disable film grain.
    Yeah. That would be spiffy.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    finished the campaign (viper was easy when i used the right weapon ) , one of the best FPS out there

MP seems like a terrible idea for now since the best server for me got a 123ms response :(

16. remicius

remicius Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    how long did it take to finish the campaign?

17. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, hardest boss in the game imo. I found others like Ash and Richter frustrating with most of the loadouts but Scorch just destroys them. I had a very hard time against Viper using all of the loadouts.

Great game, the only thing i'm pissed about was that the game set me to regular difficulty and i changed it to master. Went all the way from the first mission to end on master and only got the achievement for regular. :(

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    6hrs max , a second run could be done in 4hrs 30min

19. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Depends on difficulty i guess and if you're really anal about grabbing all the pilot helmets on each mission. Took me 8 hours but that was on hardest difficulty.

Also for anyone that was a fan of a Raven game called Singularity, there's a really nice section in the game for you. :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, just played that section... and instantly thought of Singularity.
    And got sad because Raven's plans for Singularity 2 were canned by Activision turning them into yet another Call of Duty developer.