Time to say good Bye PC Gaming.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stevevnicks, Mar 8, 2015.

1. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC

This is the solution to your addiction

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I was well into gaming as a kid, then around 15-16 I went off the rails and lost the plot for about 10 years, got back into PCs and gaming, and another 11 years later Im still into them, but yea Im no match for the kids these days, reflexes and concentration are shot compared to when I was younger

I do get the odd day where everything I do is like gold, but they are becoming more and more rare, I generally find myself playing something but thinking about something completely unrelated now, same with reading, I can't read books any more, I start reading, get like 5 pages in and realise Ive been thinking about something completely different and have no idea what Ive read

3. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Kinda, but I went to console gaming for awhile just because I was tired of dumping money into computers just to have crappy ports or taking forever to fix basic stuff. That was when I got my xbox360 and ps3 back in 2010 or 11. Then I came back to pc gaming and was floored on how much better the graphics were haha.
    My last rig took a crap on me last summer so I bought a PS4 and have been gaming pretty much strictly on that as my lappy I bought cant really do much in the way of gaming but I needed a computer. I can say that right at this moment I would love to have a beast game rig again but have little desire to dump another grand or even less for whatever reason.

I guess as I get older (im 30) I just want to do other things and Im finally realizing what ive been missing by spending whole summers in what I call my Mushroom Hut playing video games. Ive always been into fitness stuff which is weird considering how much I play games. Since last summer, I have been getting REALLY into mountain biking and I LOVE it. Id rather do that then sit in my game room right now. Any chance I get when its not cold or super crappy outside, I drive 20 minutes to Galbraith Mountain (look it up, its amazing!) and start riding!

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ Looks an amazing place to ride, I would kill myself many times there on a bike :)

5. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    There have been probably 5 times where I have had a lull and lost interest in gaming but for the first time I can see quitting forever.

I am in the middle of a 20k speaker upgrade, after that it will be a new power amp a receiver...then a new 4k blu ray player and a 4k tv.

When that is all said and done ( and I won't be upgrading in the meantime ) I doubt gaming will even draw my attention.

Maybe in a few years if a decent skylake-e processor is reasonable price, ddr4 is cheaper and a much faster gpu is out, I will get more from my money.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Also pretty much this.

/thread. :nerd:

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    hmm I read this as:
    you came here, newb yet very opinionated, and not everything you posted was a complete nonsense. and don't let the door...

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Eclap had a valid point. I remember him complaining about 970gtx lack of ram and what not right before he made this thread, guess bingo is best game then :D

It was the same with another user, few months later after he had issues, mostly user error, he blamed it on everything and then made a thread bye bye gaming etc..
    @Steve nothing personal.:)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Dem PCs...not for the faint of heart
    I actually gained interest after I was done working as a computer tech. in the.. er at some point in the 2000s (#totallynotold)
    Me So stronk right?

10. Kickmuck

Kickmuck Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 960
    I can relate to most of you. I got a girlfriend and lost the desire to play games until recently one little gem of a game brought back some fps shooter fun.

Fist full of Frags.

Its a nice western shooter with simple gfx using the HL2 engine free on steam. Its like a blast from the past for me and brings back the fun i used to have playing Q3, Rocket arena, Counterstrike etc

I fully recommend it. No upgrading necessary :)

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I explained to you what to do Steve in another post.....yournot happy with the 970s then send the dam things back, stop letting pride get in the way.

12. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    im probs feeling this way due to being into PC's and gming for so long, back in the day i used to get excited about buying a new cpu or gfx card.
    even upgarding to the new OS's windows released in my time (from dos gaming to 8.1 gaming) i used to look forwad to testing and playing around.

games i used to love and really get in to them like dark age of camalot would play for 20 + hours in one seesion and for months at a time ( think i got hooked lol)

its the past 4-5 years i have start to lose the want to game, i just cant seem to get in to them anymore

past couple of days i tried getting into my PS4 for gaming fix then after playing about 15mins lost interest, looked on PS4 store and made my self laff seeing the price of the AAA titles some £74.99 then it will have probs other add ons maps packs later at more cost.

i just dont see the value in gaming anymore on any platform (atm) and been adding up the money and thinking of other things i can do with the cash.

i liked the days when they released a good game with lots of content so it did not require an add-on or map pack from day 1, they normaly got map paks + add-ons at a later point if the game was worth it.

these days it just feels to me they make the game , strip out the best bits then sell them to you as add-on's .. just wallet rape in my books.
    not impressed with PC hardware and what it costs these days and even worse im not impressed by the game we have to play on the PC or the PS4.

i think its probs correct what some said the games just feel soulless, and also cash cows

trying to get £1000 for my setup plus extras it cost over double that about 10 months ago
    failing that it will just gather dust i guess.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Apart from a few AAA titles and most indie games, gaming has lost it's way that's for sure.

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah this is the reason why I stick to classic gaming with an occasional modern game because there really hasn't been a AAA game that really interests me personally.

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    That's never changed though. There has always been a steady stream of meh or terrible games each year since the Atari days with a few greats. It's a yearly cycle unless you just get into a platform for the first time that already has a huge library of years past AAA titles then it would seem that it's changed for the worse once you stay caught up for so long.

16. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    I haven't lost my interest in gaming, but I certainly have little time for it now that I have a job and college.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Been gaming almost exclusively on PC since 1993 and don't intend to stop anytime soon.

I'll still be pursuing framerates and checking Guru3D forums from the grave.

18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, yeah, maybe considering a good hotel or some place different for a week or so.

Thinking of a honey moon to Turkey, might even meet Bigtime whilst visiting!

19. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    When younger did you guys have the feeling that you will never stop gaming, watching anime, and reading? Thats how I feel.

20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Maybe not so much to add to the topic,that already have been said.
    But retro gaming is where i am at,and GOG have already given me the best games from the past patched and bugs ironed out.And i enjoy games which i didn't considered and valued when they were released; and in a strange way,i like to find new"old" gems and getting my gaming fix.
    More,apart from gaming,we can use computers for many things,enlarging the spectrum of computing...
    When i studied and worked,i wanted some free time just for gaming only,but it wasn't possible,and now , when i can game when i want,i just tinker with projects and game some retro games...

I was into overclocking and gaming as much as any guru member,but i never imagined that a Retro gaming on a Raspberry can bring so much fun,playing games that i never had the chance when i was a kid,being in the comunist area of the Europe in the 90's.

We are never satisfied with what we have.But i learned that having more doesn't makes you happy,just enjoying what we have.
    Cheers!