Time to head to your local Fallout shelter

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by IcE, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blownapart

blownapart Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 900/1200
    This whole thing is a most likely military EXCERCISE. All military powers do this crap all the time. China, Russia, US, etc etc. It's called "saber rattling" or "flexing your muscle" or whatever you want to call it. Sometimes a nation will break out it's war toys and parade them around within striking distance just to keep the OPFOR honest and aware of what the opponent is capable of. You guys act like you were born yesterday, sheesh.

Now....Sometimes it is an actual maneuver to get your assets in place for a strike but I highly, highly doubt Israel is going to strike Iran now. There is massive unrest in that country, why strike and unite them when the Ayatollah has serious problems with his own people? Also, Israel won't come to blows with Iran if the US doesn't give the green light. I don't see this administration giving the green light, do you?

Much ado about nothing IMO

2. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    lol classic snatch I like your avatar

3. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    I'm kinda worried about what would happen if Obama DIDN'T back up the Israelis. We know he's promoting himself by promising "change," so he might decide to not help Israel in an effort to not go to another war. If that passes, the United States could potentially lose one of their only Allies in the region, and the only Ally in the region with any real military prowess. If Israel turns out to be the grudge-holding type against us, then we might even make an enemy. An enemy that we have been supplying with weapons and fighter jets for the last few decades.

4. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Oh jeezz... This thread is gonna get closed real soon:p

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah, but their military prowess is OUR military prowess. All of our second gen military equipment is usually sold to Iran. Those missile cruisers? Ours. The nukes? Ours as well. Their airforce? Made up of F-16's and F-18's.

6. Austyn

Austyn Guest

but then they would fight over what sides they would be...

7. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Military prowess doesn't necessarily mean advanced technology. They've been said to have one of the best trained infantry forces in the world. The entire nation is enlisted. Most are trained better than US Marines.

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If they attack us, we'll attack back. I've got potatoes to throw at them. :D

9. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Since this is gonna get closed anyway...

...The creation of the state of Israel was nothing short of a mistake. Everyone knew that except for Jewish extremists and their extremist american supporters.

Through history we have seen that it's creation only brought death, destruction and distrust to and from arabic societies.

Any (wrong) reason they ever had to have their own state in now long gone and dead due to their own actions.

I mean, what were they thinking?

"Hey, let's create a state in a land that our ancestors were 2000+ years ago. Just because we were there, we own it. I'm sure no one owns that place anyway. If anyone does, let's just take it for our own."

10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    sucks we can't have a thread like this without people going off-topic
    by insults and thinking we actually want to hear their feelings and opinions
    towards whatever country is in the news.

on topic, i hope this is false otherwise things are gonna get very bad, very quickly.

11. panZEr330

panZEr330 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280 @666/2333
    Turn the whole desert to glass

12. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    honestly just fence in the whole middle east and don't allow immigration. I'm tired of all the problems spewing out of there. war here , war there, give me your oil etc. i cant wait till humanity finds a new source of energy. Everything in the middle east will no longer be of importance

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  13. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    This is why the allies are fighting in Afganistan, to prevent Pakistans nuclear arsenal from falling into undesirable hands.

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I say let an asteroid come and erase any trace of the earth and humanity at once, why walk an earth where instead of buildings you'll see graveyards?

worthless planet.

15. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Wow some people here are really sound like they're anti-humanity, then you have the typical tard going "LEL JUS NUKE DA WHOLE PLAC IT SUX N IS USELES NEWAY!!!", and the few who actually know what they're posting about.

My parents are both Persian but to be honest unless Iran's regime is going to be changed I don't really care. I think a war may actually be counter-productive as it will force people to side with it's government until the war is done...if anything it will just strengthen it.

16. The_AC

The_AC Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Israel is going to nuke people in order to prove that owning nukes is bad... Yeah...

Anyway, isn't Israel the only country that violates middle-east nuclear treaties?

17. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    world should follow cybermancer's ideology

18. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    War, they should keep it to Call Of Duty, Medal of Honour and Battlefield Series. Maybe WIC as well.

Foxnews, explains all.

19. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yes indeed 1+

20. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Hey guys I've got a plan. We have 153,782 members when this post was typed. If everyone pitches in $20 we can build a fallout shelter just for us Gurus. It's brilliant. We'll have upwards of $3 million US dollars. Now where are we going to put it?

I guess we can fit family members in too but not too many, and maybe a few animals as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.