Time seems to be fleeting...?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by StewieTech, Sep 20, 2018.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I does seem to just fly by, to think when i joined here 15 years ago i was just 35, and it seems to me memory(help me, Guru3d won't let me go, please get help) wise like it feels like it was just a few years ago, can't believe it's been 15 years since i came here to dowload a driver. ha

2. The1

The1 Member Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080
    Brother, don't get stuck in the "time passes, what have I done with my life" trap!!
    Enjoy what you got, do what you do, make a difference, even if it's only to yourself and remember LIFE is a journey, not a destination!!
    We are all going to end up at the same place, so just "LIVE".

3. Yeah time can fly; personally some things that have helped are staying as busy as possible - take lots of pictures, capture whatever memories you can. Always stay in touch with your friends, try to keep a healthy balance of love, work, play. If you've lost whatever your passion was or still are looking for it - it helps, you care less about time. Pragmatically not everything is "perfect" not everyone can work their dreams etc but I think gradually each and every person has things they want to aspire to or have be their primary focus in life instead of their current one. So roadmap your way there. Goals ... blablablabla - last thing I need is to sound like Tony Robbins - I just know time flew a lot for me before I went back to school again and kind of re-assessed everything, I feel a lot happier now - months are slower - I'm doing what I want progressively while still working the day-to-day but overall I'll graduate towards supporting my passion.

That was just my little excerpt from my life - I think it's different for everyone as for why time flies but I gave that to hopefully illustrate an example. Oh and the 28 point yeah... it's like a turning point - you're one step closer to 30 too.

airbud7 and StewieTech like this.
  4. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    If time's going quickly for you, you're not miserable enough. Science fact.

One's state of mind can dictate perception of time. That's why when you're working a job you dislike, time seems to drag, and why time flies when you're having fun.

airbud7, Dragondale13 and StewieTech like this.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    See this is what happens when you go to get a haircut, you can trigger some existential crisis. Luckily, I've been cutting my own hair (well, trimming, since it's long) for over 5 years now, so I dodged that bullet... :oops:

But yeah, I know the feeling. I started having kind of similar thoughts occasionally after the age of 25 (now almost 30), and still do from time to time. It's that feeling of missing out that gets me, even though I know that I consciously avoided doing things like going out, having lots of friends/girlfriends etc., you know, stuff "normal" people do (followed my marriage/kids etc.).

But then again, I often get reminded every time I end up in social situations, that I can't wait to get out of them and be alone again lol. Guess I'm your typical introvert antisocial weirdo, that found the perfect refuge in gaming early on. So my life has pretty much been gaming, reading, movies with the BIG bonus that I started working out at 20 and am addicted to it ever since (yet another activity you can perfectly do on you own).

But otherwise, I'm pretty lazy, not much of a career, but enough to make it and still have time for my hobbies. I only have like a couple of guys I can truly call friends, but that's ok, it's enough for me.

Aging itself, physically, varies from person to person. Some are blessed with great genetics, others not so much. Being active and eating right will help a lot in either case. Especially cutting processed sugar. It's always a battle for me, but I do notice that when I'm "off", I feel a lot better, both physically and mentally. Might give it a try. :)

I guess bottom line is that time flies for everyone, it's that feeling of fulfillment that if lacking, you fell like life got wasted. Some get it from careers, others from starting a family, or others simply find doing something that makes them truly happy.

6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Dear Stewie,

I have certainly had my ups and down. I can honestly say that finally at the age of 31 I am content.

My 20s were not the best (especially my early ones). I had dreams that I never achieved out of pure laziness and non focus.

I've loved a few women and didn't work out. Had jobs that didn't work out, at the time I thought life was totally over, but realized that "No, pick yourself up and get working again"

Joined the Army which was a HUGE help with my attitude towards things. Was lost for a while before that without a job. I was so determined to stay in the army I went through tattoo removal (really, really painful).

Now I am getting married in December to the sweetheart I went to college with (lost touch due to different countries). Have a great job with a great boss (seriously I can't even believe I'd ever say I have a great boss).

You just can't sit around contemplating your failures or lost attempts. You just invest on what you love to do and put 100% in it and if you are doing something you don't like then you still put 100% into it. Trust me, it pays off and helps you mature as a person. Keep your integrity solid, be respectful and just because you get lost sometimes doesn't mean you wont live a good life.

Enjoy every moment and spending time with family is also key.

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Don't like something on the internet, just move along.
    Miss someone, just call.
    Don't like something, don't whine nor complain, Do something about it.
    Life isn't fair? Wasn't fair from the first moment, we ALL struggle against a different amount of odds.
    Time flies? Create something, learn, be active, work out, whatever...The only thing we have against time is to create something to leave behind.
    Or simply find the solution for the everlasting life or immortality.
    Have a beer on me, buddy !

tunejunky, StewieTech and airbud7 like this.
  8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB

This user will be supplying many beers on 11.11

tunejunky likes this.
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    great thread guys.
    just wanted to pop in and ask if anyone else is seeing crazy low prices on Samsung 970 evo M.2 pciex4?
    i'm (too slowly) adding M.2 drives for my x399. right now, Samsung is beating everyone on these prices...lower than no-name brands. evo pro still around the same+/- $20.00

there was no way i was going to pay a premium and now these are the cheapest in town (Amazon US and New Egg)
    WD is still paying for Toshiba and let's see if this pushes them

10. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Great question! Why dont you create a thread about it? You´re spamming a nice conversation.

Fender178 and Celcius like this.

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    What's on the 11.11??
    Better to have some beer reserve cold and ready!!

StewieTech likes this.
  12. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    On that date Skyrim got released 7 years ago. Man, time flies by.

fantaskarsef, airbud7 and StewieTech like this.
  13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I used to contemplate about the passing of time like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee... :oops:

fantaskarsef, airbud7 and Keitosha like this.
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Be happy that time flies once we get older. If not you'd want to kill yourself by the age of 50 just to get it over with finally :D

GetMax, Keitosha, Solfaur and 2 others like this.
  15. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
    Atleast ur not selling women shoes for a living :p

16. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    But you have Leela next to you every night. :)

airbud7 likes this.
  17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Life is too short to be bothered with such questions that does not add substance to one's life. These kinds of questions are for those that just want to waste time away. Time does not pass any slower or faster from the time one is born to the time they die. Time passes at a constant rate. It is only one's perception of time that changes that could lead to such nonsense.

Such quandaries are for those stupid enough to waste time on them.

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Yes! Let's put what little time we have on earth in calling people stupid! :rolleyes:

StewieTech and Solfaur like this.
  19. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Tbh, I kinda see his point. I do too get annoyed when someone, let's say, argues a ridiculous amount of time in favour of some reality denial (like "how do you know you're not just in tha matrix?"). I mean, what's the point? It's not that the experience I get here is any less real.

20. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Oh no, I totally see his point. Just adding a little spice to the thread ;). Trust me Stewie has come out with some whacky threads in the past haha.