Tigerdirect.com is a bad site to order parts..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by your_left_nut, Jul 31, 2006.

1. your_left_nut

your_left_nut Banned

GPU:
    XFX 7800GT @ 450mhz/1.05ghz (stock)
    they always seem to have that mail in rebate crap... BS! newegg.com is still better

2. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    Never tried Tigerdirect so I can't say it sucks or not, but what I like about newegg is their payment options, specially the BillMeLater option, and I've never had any problems with newegg so I keep going to them for my computer needs.

3. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    i live in FL and they have a warehouse in Miami and charged me Shippin and Tax but shipped from Michigan and took a month to get to me.....

4. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    TigerDirect charges me tax also because there is a local store in NC. But all around its a solid store..kinda pricey though.

5. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    I use Tigerdirect because they give me 6months same as cash and then I pay it with my tax refund in January lol. That is what I did when I ordered my 3700+ that will be here tomorrow.

6. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    i think newegg offers that as well

7. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    rumor on web is tht tiger direct sells refurbised goods as new.also according to better business beureau they have alot of complaints they do not resolve and sometimes do not ship the items.as far as me tho i go to thm for things newegg doesnt have

8. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I have ordered lots of stuff from Tiger Direct, never had a problem, they have a warehouse in Chicago and I live in Indiana, so I get my stuff from there in 1 day. NewEgg has a better selection of stuff than Tiger Direct.

9. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    Tigers site is harder to use, doesn't give as good of descriptions, and doesn't display comments per part that I know of.

They also do too many tricks with rebates, I can't stand that.

Overall I've had much MUCH better luck with the egg, have done several grand worth through them.

10. ultimate360

ultimate360 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GT KO 256MB
    I never heard this much about tigerdirect. I thought it was a good online store. Hmmm. I like tiger because sometimes they have awesome deals and prices.

Oh well.

11. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    Tigerdirect has worked fine for me in the past, and they do display comments, just not many people comment on most items so you can find maybe 3 on a "good" product.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I dislike both as the don't do International orders.

13. hypnotoad24

hypnotoad24 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    Isn't TigerDirect ridiculously overpriced? Has been every time I compared around prices. I don't see why anyone WOULDN'T prefer newegg over them. And if you're in Canada (like me), NCIX, Anitec, ByteWize tends to get you a better deal.

14. your_left_nut

your_left_nut Banned

GPU:
    XFX 7800GT @ 450mhz/1.05ghz (stock)

a mother freaking month? damn... one of my guy ordered a video card from tigerdirect and it seem like it was used.. The box was sealed good, but when he opened up the box and looked @ the fan, he saw dust...Not much, but rnough to let u know it was used...

15. icywind32

icywind32 Master Guru

GPU:
    ati 6970 2gb
    well i always go to newegg after i ordered from tiger the first time and it took my 1 gig mem stick 1 1/2 month to get in..... gayed...... well anyway... if u guys order u guys might wanna either go newegg or amazon....

16. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    I bought from Tiger Direct when I was building my first PC about 18 months ago. I ordered a case/PSU combo. Of course, they decide to send me the wrong case with the wrong PSU (i expected 400 W, they gave me 350 W). I sent it back and haven't done business with them since and never will again. Their customer service was absolutely dreadful when I was going through the RMA process.

17. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    TigerDirect actually does do international orders.

18. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    one time i found a site that looked just like Tigerdirect.com ...it was so convicing i thought i was on Tigerdirect.com...but i forgot what it was....

19. Freedom Eclipse

Freedom Eclipse Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    well a good site is http://www.overclockers.co.uk/
    but I heard their going to stop doing international sales as somebody from the netherlands who had orderd a X1900XTX from them & had it stolen whilst onroute to him Obviously the package had been tracked all the way to its destination. but all the buyer got was an empty X1900XTX box. Im not saying that it doesnt happen but its sad that there are a few c*nts working in places like those who'd steal what you worked 2 friggin weeks straight for. If that happend to me Id make sure Id go down to the mail depo even if its overseas with a shotgun & see if they'd try n steal that too. obviously Id allow then to steal 1 or 2 caps of buckshot. but somebody who works in them places & steals other peoples stuff needs his fingers cut off with a rusty jagged knife.....