Three problems now with 1080 and 1070

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bugsixx, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I went from 2 soft bridges to a HB bridge. It makes a significant difference. Much smoother and for some games a significant performance boost 10-15% faster.

The old bridges are not the same even though they work.

2. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    What monitor do you have? I actually have 2 1080s and 2 1070s. I haven't test yet though.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Makes no difference whatsoever, been tested at several websites, most notably techpowerup where the older bridges were actually faster in some cases.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_SLI/22.html

4. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Well, my 1070 will wait then :D

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Old review from 6/22, newer drivers had some fixes for SLI on the 1070/1080. They should really retest on newer driver releases.

Pointless review though they didn't even test frame latency or frametimes. The biggest change I saw for most games was it was just smoother with fewer hickups and fps dips.

Only game I saw a big boost was Rise of the Tomb Raider with the DX12 SLI patch, can run at 1440p with 4xSSAA at 60fps fps cap with no dips now! Before it was struggling to hold about 40-45fps.

----

Using Asus ROG Swift G-sync LCD here

6. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    About Bridges / Sounds like its same deal as PCI-E 2.0 & 3.0, multi monitors ect benefit, high resolutions ect.

7. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yup 1440p @ 120Hz+ / 4K+ should see some improvement.

The HB bridge is a waste if you are using 1080p, hell SLI is a waste at that resolution.

8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While I agree that the review would have been more helpful with frametime/Frame latency data, the fact remains that there is no evidence to suggest that the HB bridge brings anything to the table at this point.

I play at 3440 x 1440 and I don't have any issues with the old hard bridge and I suspect changing to the HB bridge would do absolutely nothing to change that; not that I am going to give NVidia $40.00 for the 'privilege' of proving myself right ;)

When I see incontrovertible evidence that the HB bridge makes a difference, I will adjust my opinion accordingly.

And wtf is with the shortage of these bridges btw?

There is no reason for it at all. I can understand there being a shortage of cards but Nvidia seem to be having major problems manufacturing anything at this point.

The 10xx series cards have been out for well over a month now and the HB bridges are still near impossible to get a hold of if multiple forums are to be believed.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  9. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Are the problems mainly with SLI?

10. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    No problems here either.* Sorry to hear some are having trouble.

*(well, after that motherboard fiasco that I blamed my card on. Sorry 1070, you're pretty great)

11. - "Three problems now with 1080 and 1070"

The pixel clock issue isn't affecting all of the cards and setups just some; it depends on certain, albeit rare specifics. If you paid 750 you likely purchased a 1080, not a 1070. What do you care?

- "I'm getting really fed up"

What is this troll trash. :bang::stewpid: :banana::3eyes:
    It's a VideoCard - and it just launched. Give it time. No way you got this lucky and have the pixel clock issue plus the last two. I don't buy it. not one cent. Go join another site and preach your bias bs elsewhere. :wanker::puke2:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2016
  12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    A friend is interested for a $400 GPU and I told him to get the MSI 1070 Armor 8G OC. Are these things serious? Especially the DPC latency one. Are there defective cards out there, needing a vbios or something, or there is a design problem with some motherboards? He's got an X79.

13. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Seems to be specific to some configurations, Nvidia were finally able to reproduce the issue:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-latency-and-stuttering/post/4923509/#4923509

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So, nvidia are admitting it's a problem, and the problem is software, not hardware, and further still, have identified where the fix will be and will update drivers to resolve it.

Not an issue at all TBH, just a minor inconvenience for some people right now.

Early adopters of new tech...y'all should know better :)

15. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    I have some random flickering in desktop applications and in browsing sometimes.
    Didn't noticed in games.

16. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Just found a second SLI bridge (ribbon type) and while the framerates in BF4 have gone up ..the stuttering etc is still there. 130fps and still showing "low framerate" warning.

17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    They announced the DVI pixel clock issue and the Vive problem are both being fixed with a driver this week. DPC issue probably won't be fixed until later as they were only able to reproduce it recently.

19. Crazy G

Crazy G Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SC 12GB

This "minor inconvenience" is costing me US$ 1,300.00 here in Brazil...I´m a Nvidia user since 2004, never seen something alike!

20. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I've got an older EVGA hard bridge and its got the double connectors on it, any difference from that to new ones? I used it when I had my 3 way 9800's, works in 2 way too, but has the double fingers for each card. Never understood because MB came with cheap flex single connect bridge.