Three new games Incompatible with Alder lake Core 12th gen processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Osamar

Osamar Guest

GPU:
    Gforce 560 Ti 1Gb
    Those are three new games affected or are the only three games that are still affected?

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    If you read the post you would have your answer.

"identified as still being affected"...." Now, nearly a month later, there are only three games left on that list,"

Brasky likes this.
  4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Since Denuvo is working to fix this one has to wonder if the community (hackers/crackers) are watching to see if this reveals a chink in the armor.

5. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    At least there's a workaround in using an app to set infinity or turn off e-cores when playing. As someone that jumped on Ryzen when it first came out you get used to having to do workarounds, software is always slow to catch up. Early adopter problems.

Why_Me likes this.
  6. Michael Lang

Michael Lang Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim Liquid x4090
    I'm not sure how Creed is still affected I just tested it on my new 12900K build and didn't use anything to load or any scroll lock method. It loaded the first time I tried it without any issues. This was on Windows 11 but it says both. I have yet to run into any game/games that doesn't work on the new platform, and I buy just about every game that comes out.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    From what i saw it seems madden 22 not working is a good thing :p

8. darah

darah Member

GPU:
    Valhalla has been cracked since march 2020, why dont they just remove it lol

TheDeeGee likes this.
  9. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    Denuvo just dont belong anymore, company should atop paying for it, there is basicly no reason to hack games anymore, with xbox game pass ubiconnect etc you can play everything for very little cost,

10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    unless something is free people will still pirate it, you still get people stealing from dollar stores.

11. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Intel just botched testing.. These problems were in the air, from announcement of these CPUs.. well they will fix major games, but im sure that there will some programs, which would be never fixed or run properly.. remember introduction of hyperthreading? it took lots of years until it stopped to be problem and this could even big change.

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Denuvo should disappear for good because it doesn´t work!

And to add insult to injury, it only creates problems for the people who actually buy the games with that crap attached...

I think that games that have no Denuvo are more secure than the ones that have it...

13. Catspaw

Catspaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080/8GB
    I (as a rule of thumb) avoid games that require: Denuvo, a priopietary launcher (Ubisoft/EA) or any online account where I have to give too much personal data.

I thought I would be sad because I would have to skip on good games due to this problem... but most of these companies have been releasing such crappy games for a decade now that I honestly dont even feel I am missing anything.

14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Statistically, games are more likely to be pirated if they have intrusive DRMs or anti-cheat, because even people who legally pay for a game often still want to avoid that crap. A large percentage of the games that don't work with Proton are hindered by such things, where the cracked games play just fine.

If the game is good enough, people will actually buy it. Pirates are gonna pirate regardless.

HandR and Agonist like this.
  15. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    I don’t think they intend for it to work permanently, it’s more so they can guarantee initial release sales before the game is bootlegged at a later date.

mackintosh likes this.

16. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    Doubt AMD will make sure Valhala gets a fix... they want it to not work on intel's cpu....

17. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Ah yes, let's stop hardware progress because some obscure software from 10 years age may not work.
    LMAO some real conspiracy nuts on this forum. Valhalla will be fixed with 1.4.1 patch next week.

Dazz likes this.
  18. Michael Lang

Michael Lang Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim Liquid x4090
    Like I made in an earlier post Valhalla worked just fine for me launching it from Ubisoft launcher. I think the whole this game that game thing is getting blown out to make it worse than it is. I 500+ games in my steam library not counting Epic, and Ubi and Origin. I have yet to play anything from my old list and new games bought since launch that hasn't worked on my setup. I think a lot of sites and Youtubers make things out worse than they seem at times.

Why_Me likes this.
  19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

You have to give out as much info as you do for PC clients as you do on playstation or xbox. Go ahead and lace up them clown shoes.

20. DanielRX

DanielRX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
    Intel is already releasing the fix, it's called Intel 13th Gen Raptor Lake, when the games are released they'll be back up and running. :D