Three Monitors

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MaverickScot, Nov 9, 2012.

1. MaverickScot

MaverickScot Guest

Hey Guys.

After reading a fair bit of posts all over the net about running three monitorsI have a problem.

I currently run two monitors and i do not use eyefinity. My connections were :-

DVI ----> DVI
    DVI-----> VGA Adaptor

Now I have a spare monitor so i thought after reading various posts that this setup would work.

MDP (Active) ----> DVI
    DVI-----> VGA Adaptor
    DVI-----> VGA Adaptor

However I can not get the third monitor that is connect to DVI to be recognised by windows. I am using ultramon software and I have tried eyefinity (obviously at the lowest monitors resolution) but I can only ever get the two monitors to work.

I have tested the cables and plug the third monitor into another computer so I know those bits work. AMD software does not even recognise the third monitor and that monitor goes to sleep stating no Video connection.

Any ideas or is this setup not possible. According to AMD FAQ's I met the four requirements to run three monitors. On a side note i bought a passive MDP to DVI in error so i know that does not work.

Window 7 64bit
    AMD Latest Drivers
    Sapphire 6950 2gb DDR5 (Biosed to 6970)

2. MeMeMe

MeMeMe Guest

GPU:
    CF HIS 7970 IceQ x2 Turbo
    it's possible one of the DVI outputs is a digital only, and doesn't support a VGA adaptor.

Try just connecting DVI --> VGA to each of those ports, one at a time. One of them probably won't work.