1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THQ nordic has FIFTY games they have to yet announce

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 22, 2019.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Like many fellow gurus here I doubt that they're developing 48 unannounced "new" games... more likely the 1-5 games that @Astyanax mentionend, and lots of remakes, remasters, basically IP where there could be a game sequel. If they develop 48 games, we're probably talking about 10 years of work they got down the pipeline... in 10 years from now we won't even know if they still exist.

That said, as long as they mess with Deep Silver / 4A, I have no desire to even follow what they do. I will see it in the budget bin on Steam's sale in some years from now.

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    All of them EGS exclusive..... internet explodes.

cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    One can only hope.

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz
    That will be their downfall.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    fantaskarsef and metagamer like this.
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    It's quite telling that they're resorting to terms like revenue generated by unit sales rather than hard numbers and the fact that it is greater than consoles (given the trend towards digital) means the amount paid by epic was very large. I wouldn't put much stock in these PR statements.

7. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    digital revenue

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yes, obviously. Console will dwarf PC for any AAA game in that respect as console games are much more expensive to purchase than PC digitally.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Made me laugh. Thanks for sharing duke

CEO says he sold most games on consoles... no surprise there. When you create backlash on PC and people at least partially avoid your sales because of the store platform you choose, it's by far from surprising you sell more on consoles... d'uh.
    CEO then says he sold most copies on EGS when it is the only platform getting new releases... no surprise either. If you only got one real storefront, and the rest is single digits $/€ funnel sales, it's also not a surprise to make most revenue on PC on that one store front you chose to put your best game in... d'uh.

So... what's the news, pussycat? It's not like any of this is unexpected or does not seem logical if you think about it.

ShadowDuke likes this.