this program is blocked by group policy windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by shimyns, Jan 18, 2010.

1. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

Graphics Card::
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Hey guys. So I installed Win7 on a brand new pc (my brother's). Mobo is GA-P55A-UD3 and card is 5850. Everything was fine then he said that his mouse cursor suddenly got huge.
    I looked it up and people recommended a bios update. So I updated BIOS to F4 version with @Bios. Solved cursor problem but desktop became black. When I tried changing it to aero or whatever, it didn't respond. I tried setting a picture as desktop background and got this message:
    this program is blocked by group policy ...contact sys administrator.

Now the w7 I installed on his pc is an official OEM copy of my institute and the user is set as admin. I tried system restore but didnt help.

Why the hell did this group policy start doing this after a bios update and how can I solve this?

BTW , I've done this thru logmein remote...I've unsintalled mirror display drivers thinking mybe that was it but no.

Please help me get his aero working again!!!
    THX

2. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

Graphics Card::
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Ok, I think I may have solved it. I changed some settings in logmein preferences and maybe it just had to do with the fact that I was doing these things remotely. So until i report back. This thread can be disregarded.