This is what the Radeon RX 6000 looks like

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    False equivalence.

blade servers are flat front to back wind tunnels with high pressure fans.

PC cases aren't.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  2. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    @Aura89 and others.

I kindly remind you with terrascale arch ATI did beat Nvidia. It isn't hard to happen again. ATI won by providing better card without the need for finewine™ like GCN arch mature drivers. Nvidia isn't just a superior brand by winning here and there during decades. Relax. Underestimation at its finest.

3. Hulk12

Hulk12 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti SC+
  4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    It's not only blade servers that use the wind tunnel design.
    Don't forget that some of us do use high pressure fans to keep things as cool as they should be including the motherboard instead of assuming that everyone sticks to the base fan setup that ships with their case.

Also, nothing wrong with AMD design, you can find plenty of well cooled Nvidia cards using close to the exact same design, but there is probably nothing wrong with it as soon as it has an Nvidia label...

Vlooi and carnivore like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The turing fe cooler was garbage, and the same cooler albiet with 3 fans is used on the rx 6000, so it too is garbage.

6. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    True had to look at this from July tweet. Indeed PS5 is RDNA1.5 as it doesn't have VRS, ML, and Mesh shaders?

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You clearly havnt read or comprehended anything i have posted.

I'm all for AMD pulling a rabbit out of its hat. If AMD can do what isnt expected, sweet! That'd seriously just be awesome.

But to expect we know how big navi will perform given consoles using modified/custom RDNA GPUs at CU counts we have no idea how will affect overall frequency those GPUs will be able to hit, and given how we know that RDNA1 was at power efficiency, theres zero reason to expect such a drastic improvement in efficiency or how powerful big navi will be, all because of an improved 7nm node, and 1 year of architecture changes.

Again, AMD prove me wrong, please, i want you to prove me wrong. But anyone looking at the scenarios with logical expectations aren't just believing it without proof, which will come next month.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020