Third party Graphics Card hardware database

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, May 30, 2015.

1. Aravind Raja

Aravind Raja New Member

GPU:
    RX 580 / 8GB GDDR5
    Able to view GPU Core voltage in HwiNFO64 so using it able to view my core voltage on the RTSS OSD when playing games.But unable to view on MSI Afterburner
    1.Tried restarting PC & afterburner and reinstalling
    2.Enable Voltage monitor in settings
    3.Tried switching the physical BIOS switch on the card between both Silent and OC modes
    GPU: RX580 8GB Red Devil Golden Sample
    Still cant monitor Voltage

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Be able to read the first posting. Slowly. A few times maybe.

3. Tomatone

Tomatone Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 580 8GB
    Correct value is

Code:
    [VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_2378148C&REV_??]

; PowerColor Red Devil RX 580 OC

Desc                    = Red Devil RX 580 OC
    VDDC_IR3567B_Detection            = 6:08h
    VDDC_IR3567B_Output                = 0

4. Aravind Raja

Aravind Raja New Member

GPU:
    RX 580 / 8GB GDDR5
    I found the below info by clicking on the "i" Button on MSI afterburner will this help me make the core voltage displayed in MSI afterburner somehow?

Display device : Radeon RX 580 Series
    Display driver : Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2
    BIOS : 015.050.002.001
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_2377148C&REV_E7&BUS_1&DEV_0&FN_0
    Multi-GPU role : master
    Registry key : \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{43EC12F6-22F8-11EA-B745-806E6F6E6963}\0000
    VDDC controller : Display driver

5. Aravind Raja

Aravind Raja New Member

GPU:
    RX 580 / 8GB GDDR5

I found that my RX580 uses controller IR3567B and I used the below code and enabled Voltage Monitoring and Voltage Control and selected Third Party and restarted Still unable to view the Core voltage :(

[VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_2377148C&REV_??]
    ; RX580 8GB Red Devil Golden Sample
    Desc = RX580 8GB Red Devil Golden Sample
    VDDC_IR3567B_Detection = 6:30h
    VDDC_IR3567B_Output = 0

6. Tomatone

Tomatone Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 580 8GB
    For that card try
    Code:
    [VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_2377148C&REV_??]

; RX580 8GB Red Devil Golden Sample

Desc                     = RX580 8GB Red Devil Golden Sample
    VDDC_IR3567B_Detection            = 6:08h
    VDDC_IR3567B_Output                = 0

7. Aravind Raja

Aravind Raja New Member

GPU:
    RX 580 / 8GB GDDR5
    Thank you so much it worked I can see my voltage now

Tomatone likes this.
  8. slovak_killer

slovak_killer New Member

GPU:
    2080Ti Lightning Z
    Adding 2080Ti Lightning for Direct voltage control, nobody wanted to help me so had to do it myself.
    ------
    [EDIT] :
    Apparently MSI doesnt want u to control your own 1500€ "LN2" card.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  9. Unwinder

Thinking about consequences of your actions is also the thing you need to do yourself. Probably there is a good reason why MSI provide easy way for extreme voltage mods and ABX under NDA to _trusted_ overclockers only? Somebody got pissed off because nobody wanted to help him to get it bypassing NDA? Well, if you wanted to get this thread locked and see third party voltage control to be disabled for everyone - you've succeeded in that.

10. slovak_killer

slovak_killer New Member

GPU:
    2080Ti Lightning Z
    If u think waiting a YEAR for abx and LN2 bios, speaking with someone who barely knows english and then sending u stuff that doesnt even work is easy way, be it. Everything Ive shared here is NDA-free,the documents and tools ive used were already here in this thread. Do u even know how many Lightning users text me because they need help with unlocking their card ? Do u think its okay to sell 1500€ "LN2" card and then ship it with fake 380W ln2 bios and no voltage control ? I have no problem with deleting that post if its that bad for future of third party voltage, however MSI should get its sh*t together.

Last edited: May 14, 2020

11. Unwinder

Sure, I'm not the person who knows how many users can be texting and asking for assistance in unlocking their cards. Of course I have no ideas about it. [Sarcasm off]

If you think that it is official MSI forums where at least a single company employee reside, you're mistaking. If you think that posting anger posts here will make the company use different BIOS, you're mistaking twice, they won't even read it. If you think that you can come here and force me to give you NDA related things - you're mistaking 3 times in a row. And if you think that I find it productive to waste work time on such discussions, you're mistaking again.

12. slovak_killer

slovak_killer New Member

GPU:
    2080Ti Lightning Z
    Look, I dont understand why u acting so hostile, as I already mentioned, I was doing this with non-nda things, in my free time, with freely shared tools and docs, to help guys around who doesnt have MSI contacts but still wanna bench. Dont call me out on forcing u to share me NDA stuff because u know its not like that, I PMed u once if u might know something to help me as i was frustrated that it doesnt work, u said no and I respected it, never ever again contacted u again. Is it that hard to PM me if u have that much problem with this being shared, like yo dude, can u please not share this publicly, it might be a problem for me and forum ? I wouldnt have a single problem with it.

13. Unwinder

Probably I'm reading other forums, including oc.net?
    I'm "hostile" because publishing easy way to overvolt air-cooled card beyond safe limits up to 1.5V is a direct risk of hardware damage and it is a risk of seeing whole third party database functionality blocked for everyone. Doing that HERE in "nobody wanted to help me so I did it myself" form is just kiddish.

14. sultanofswing

sultanofswing Member

GPU:
    HD7650M
    Wouldn't it have been way easier to possibly respond to his PM and say something like "I cannot help with what you are asking for as that card and it's software etc etc is under NDA, you can do what you please but do not post it on a public forum".

15. slovak_killer

slovak_killer New Member

GPU:
    2080Ti Lightning Z
    ive posted the XOC tutorial on two sites, HWBot and OCN, those sites are meant for enthusiasts and XOCers, theres a disclaimer at the start of those threads that doing this mods might damage your card, its up to your own responsibility and voltages higher than 1.2v should never be run on ambient, only chiller and other subzero methods. And as u already said yourself MSI doesnt give a fck about those forums so I doubt even if they receive maybe 10 burnt cards they will investigate and find that those users were running voltages above specs. Lastly, If u have already seen my threads and identified them as dangerous for your project, why u never contacted me ? I take myself as resonable and have no problems whatsoever with finding new solutions or discussing with you about potential dangers of MSI locking this 3rd party thing due to unofficial unlocks.

16. Unwinder

Can both of you stop please and leave this thread for more useful and valuable info?

17. vergevaliant19

vergevaliant19 New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1660 Supe
    I'd like to see MSI Afterburner support the UP9512P Buck Controller since my Zotac 1660 Super 2 Fan also uses this voltage regulation module.
    To confirm @rootrom 's suspicion, the UP9512 supports SMBus which is often i2c compatible. @Unwinder the default registers and values for this module are described in the UP9512P Datasheet page 14, would this information be enough to hack together a correct MSIAfterburner.oem2 file without actually modifying Afterburner?

18. Unwinder

I replied to it more than clearly. I do NOT add new voltage controllers support to the core per user requests.

vergevaliant19 likes this.
  19. vergevaliant19

vergevaliant19 New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1660 Supe
    Alright sounds good. To clarify, I'm not asking you to make a new voltage controller in the core. I'm curious if there is a way for me to use an existing voltage controller profile of the .oem2 and the info I shared above to hack together compatibility with a UP9512?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  20. Unwinder

No. Unsupported controllers cannot be “hacked” and magically become supported by core.