1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about going back to WoW.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Jan 3, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
    I really wish they'd do a pvp only version of the game (ala Guild Wars 1) I could play since that's all I really miss. I do miss it a lot though but 15 a month just isn't worth it.

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    There are PvP servers..Ive never played GW1 so mayb you mean something else. Problem with PvP server is that i get owned by higher level players all the time, never liked that. Battleground is a different story,they can be fun!

My warrior is at level 42. Still enjoying it, so thats good lol

4. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    I know about PvP servers as I played the game for 3-4 years. Guild Wars has and option to buy the PvP content of the game only (and you get a max lvl character) so I guess the equivalent for WoW would be like the Arena Tournament but permanent and not requiring the regular subscription. That way I could just do BGs and arena once in awhile (for less than $15 a month, I might pay $7-8 a month for something like this) and be happy.

5. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    Yeah. I came back mainly because its the MMO of my choice for my wife and games are always so much better as a couple. :)

I have so many fond memories in this game. I am, personally, really disappointment with some of the changes. The game is definitely way on the easy-mode side of difficulty, and many of the changes make it easier. But, she likes it and it's a lot of fun playing it with her.

Th last time I played-played WoW, the level cap was 60.

6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Time for a crazy opinion... I was actually thinking about that the other day after a frustrating battleground or 2. See I think Blizzard should just separate pvp and pve into 2 different games entirely. Heres a quick and ugly example:

PvE: Keep the monthly sub, keep the game more or less as it is with the whole questing, dungeons, raids.

PvP version: Different game, perhaps f2p. Make a character, hang around in a lobby or a special faction town and queue for battlegrounds, rated battles and arenas or whatever.

Blizzard has now for years been trying to strike a balance between pve and pvp because in Vanilla raid geared people could go into battlegrounds and do rather well which was a slap in the face for people who just wanted to pvp. In TBC the PvE players complained that everyone was on "welfare epics" because epic items through pvp were fairly easy to obtain when compared to raiding and these pvp epics at the time could be used as viable placeholder items untill you got what you were after from a raid. PvE people felt that they were forced to pvp to some extent.

In Lich King I guess people got bored of moaning finally and moved on to do whatever it is they do but Blizzard was still busy tinkering with the resilience values and class skills in an effort to make sure that a cool class skill was good in both pvp and pve. Anyone who may have played a priest in Lich King might recall all the messing around with disc priest shielding mechanics which worked great in pvp but suddenly disc priests were wanted for raiding because they could shield an entire raid and thus provide a good amount of utility.

In Cata it was more about class skill and talent balancing but then in MoP they introduced the whole base resilience thing and you have pvp power and pvp resilience now ( or was that Cata ? Ive lost the plot by now! ) and when WoD comes out they are once more fiddling with these values and one or the other is getting removed from what I recall reading. If anyones bothered to read my ramblings this far, you probably get the picture now...

By separating the 2 games Blizzard could save themselves some headaches in that talents and class skills dont need to be balanced at the terms of pvp or pve. One of the main things for me in this approach would be that this way the more pvp minded people would be doing pvp with the pve folks sticking to their pve. I have no issue with someone whose main interest is in pve, giving pvp a proper go due to boredom or simple curiosity but people who basically accidentally wonder off into a battleground like warsong gulch and spend their time slinging spells in the middle and being farmed for honor points rather then going for the enemy flag do my head in really hard.

7. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I wouldnt take away PvP from PvE server tho, i like it sometimes and i know a lot of my old guild friends, who loved arenas and raiding. But something like PvP arenas only could work, interesting idea anyway!

8. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm just surprised the haven't done something like that yet. They're losing enough subs anyway.

9. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I got a little bit bored of leveling and went back to my main to do high level stuff. I might try LFR tonight, but my ilevel is only about 495 and i dont know any tactics only DBM? Will i be able to tank or heal(ilvl 480)?

Quite like Timeless Island or whatever its called.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ah, I hit 85 last night and can do lfr, but my gear is still far too low, only 340, but that's pretty much in cata gear, I'll get some panda greens/blues soon and be raid ready soon.

Dropped 8k gold on master riding yesterday, to realize I can't fly in panda land until lvl 90. sad times. will hit 90 by the end of the week, if everything goes as planned.

11. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You will gear quickly! there are few areas i like in panda land apart from farm one. Shame my main is horde and on the other server. I need to find a good guild for my main now!

12. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    did my first raid last night in MoP :) The rise of zandalari or something like that. Finally got some Shado Pan Assault rep and can get some better gear. Found myself a guild as well.

But my realm seems really dead now :( I looked to transfer my char to the one Eclap is playing on(seems really busy), but it costs £15 for transfer and then another £15 for fraction change!

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'll try to ding 90 tonight. But that might be a bit optimistic. 89 definitely though.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    You're going fast. :)

15. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Nice one, how are you finding panda land then? I need to read up on the story a little bit more tho, some bits are quite confusing.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Meh, no heirlooms so it's going slow. Hit 88 last night and unlocked 3 dungeons, plus I have another one to do from previous level. If I'm not too tired today after work, I'll ding 90. I know some people in guild hit 90 in less than 3 days play time. They had heirlooms.

Panda land is ok, my favorite expansion has been TBC. also liked early WotLK. Not so much the later levels of it. Cata was crap to start with but got better. Panda is ok, it's considerably harder than previous expansions. Can't wait to start gearing properly.

17. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    you can probably hit 90 in a day if you are off and go for it. Im the same really, but didnt like Cata at all to be honest. I hope next one will be harder than MoP.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Well you don't need heirlooms now, their only going till lvl85.

I also like TBC the most, except the first 4-5 levels though.
    Really like the last levels, i mostly stick to TBC till 70, doing all the latest zones can get you up to 4-5k gold easily and then you'll be able to buy artisan flying skill.

And panda is harder i agree, but i dislike the asian style of most of the zones.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I reckon I can smash out the last 2 levels in some 6 hours. I'll give myself a challenge to ding 90 before midnight tonight :) see how it goes.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I had 9k gold at the end of Cata, then bought artisan and master riding because I thought I'd be able to fly in Pandaria with master lol. So that was 8k spent on that lol. Is the last flying skill free? If not, how much is it? I'm sitting on sound 3.5k gold now.