1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about going back to WoW.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Jan 3, 2014.

1. sovietwarbear

sovietwarbear Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 2012/9100
    +1

some times time i go back to wow ( 1x year ) and i think this game is no fun any more i miss old days you need work for warlock mount or pala mount or key to UBRS and now you get so many things for free and are so many more things i miss like my old guild with 140 dutch ppl all of them stop with wow

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I see yall are keeping this thread alive. TBH, I haven't even played this since I got beta access to Wildstar.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well. I don't know what you mean by things being free. but it's far from true. When I saw the artisan riding skill price, my jaw dropped. I am high enough level now to get it, but I can't, because I'm some 2k gold short. Haven't had anything for free in WoW actually, I don't know what you're talking about.

4. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Riding skill type **** is borderline free now. It's VERY easy to get mate.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    I've thought many times about trying it again. Haven't played since like a month after Cataclysm came out. Maybe a week or something, but as others said, usually end up subbing for a month, playing a week, getting bored, and unsubbing again. MAYBE when the next expansion comes out.... with that instant jump to level 90... but i dunno, cause i'd have to buy MoP as well. Hell, the only reason i ever had a character up to the level cap (Think it was between Wrath and Cat) was because someone hacked my account and was playing it for a little while without me knowing. Decided out of the blue to try logging in, but couldn't for the life of me.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm sure later on you have gold coming out of your ears, but atm I'm still some 2k gold short. Only make like 100g/hour atm, will take a while to get there.

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Game has gone into easier direction. I guess its for the new people. I still dont like the fact that you can jump straight to high level in new expansion. Allow it only for players who already have level 90, otherwise people who never played before jump to 90 and wont learn anything. Its already as easy as it can get really!

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I kinda don't want to start at 90. Every time I go back to WoW I re roll because I can't remember how to play my leveled up characters.

9. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    Not only that, but every time I quit/come back everything's different and I don't even know how to play my pre-existing characters anymore.

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    After a long time,i decided to say my opinion.
    I never had an WoW account,never i touched WoW and the only contact i had with is watching some addicted WoW friends of mine,spending nights and days with it.
    Well,it seems that i didn't miss anything important.
    No MMoPRG for me,i guess.

11. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I love prot warrior! He is unstoppable! I do double the damage in dungeons compare to other! I had no idea he was so good! Always leveled warrior in Fury.

12. p0wer

p0wer New Member

GPU:
    8GB Kingston
    imo those grinding mmorpg games just take up too much of ones time

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    One thing I don't like very much is the new world X-realm thingy. I'm on a PvP server and when I'm in e.g. Mount Hyjal then I see players from all other worlds in my Battlegroup. Unfortunately this means a lot of ganking :/

Better start a new char on a PvE realm. Wanted to experience the normal leveling instead of just farming instances like one would normally do.

Afaik all tanks do more dmg than DPS in instances up to 85 maybe :)

14. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea thats what i did! Most of my alts were leveled through LFG. However ive never really played alliance, so questing isnt too bad now.

Ah i see, my main pala is a tank, but i didnt get into tanking or any dungeons until level 65ish, it was before the days of LFG.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Yea well said, that's a good point.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    There are guides tho, leveling a character doesn't mean you know how to play it.

You need certain rotations to max out you're dps.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Good idea, not played alliance for at least 6-7 years.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah I know, but I prefer starting from scratch. being thrown into a lvl 90 char just doesn't appeal to me.

19. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ye aits quite refreshing, still cant stand gnomes and dwarfs tho! But i do miss my main. Problem is that not much point in playing him now, coz guild left realm.

20. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    Recently came back to wow since a hiatus since WOTLK.