1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about going back to WoW.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Jan 3, 2014.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Got my hunter full epic in 2 days, did all the raids in LFR, was very fun. :D

Also got the bow from Illidan in first try, Amani War Bear, of the Nightfall title + Black Drake mount.

Tomorrow everything gets reset woohoo, then i'm off to raiding again and hopefully now T15/T16 will drop, i mostly got new weapon and stupid bags with gold instead of gear.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/steamwheedle-cartel/Xandra/advanced

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What I tend to do is just go with how I feel. If I wish to level up as fast as possible I always hit the next zone as soon as it becomes available but at the same time if I know that I'm about to hit a zone that I'm not too keen on, I'll quest a bit longer in the previous zones so that I can completely bypass the zone I don't like. I've just done this on my Tauren as I spent more time in Terokkar and Nagrand so that I could skip Blade's Edge Mountains and go straight to Netherstorm for 67-68. Next time I'm levelling an alt I might rush through the early zones and do Blade's Edge and Shadowmoon Valley instead.

The complaint that some players have of outlevelling a zone too soon is VERY valid and I agree with it but at the same time I dont mind working with it in the way I've just described as I feel it adds variety to low level questing. Should I really wish to do the majority of quests in each zone on a single character I can always come back to it at max level if I ever decide to go for the Loremaster achievement.

Hunter is one of my favourite classes, I just never end up playing mine that much because theres always a billion of them around so raid spots used to be tough to get in guild raids ( different deal nowadays with the dungeon/raid finder ). My hunter's MM spec and kicks plenty of ass in the Timeless Isle even early on unlike many of my other characters that I've levelled. With the mage I've had the absolute worst time and that class has been the biggest anti-climax of the expansion for me.

I used to love my Mage in Cata, awesome fun doing frost pvp but now the class just feels a bit too fiddly and in PvE, especially on the Timeless Isle a fresh, solo mage is gonna have tougher time then some other classes like Pala or Hunter soloing stuff.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    How lucky aren't you :eek:
    I got my hunter to full epic in one day...by giving him a lot of Timeless Armor pieces :D In LFR I've gotten a few things which is nice. Now trying to get enough for SoO LFR. Think he's ilvl 495.

Btw I dont know if any of you guys play on a PvP server but what do you think about the new X-realm world system? I dusted off my lvl 80 rogue and flew to Mount Hyjal to start questing. Got ganked 6 times within 30min -.- So I logged off and sprinkled the dust back on him.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yo, if any of you guys have better than netherweave bags, go on and gift me some, running out of slots in the bank. Or I'll buy them off you, would rather pay you gold than to some randoms on the AH.

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ask in the guild mate, im sure if you get them mats, they will make you couple for free!

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    don't have the mats for those, yet. I've been leveling my leatherworking to get rid of some leather from the bank, I didn't have a single slot free lol, now I've freed some up by using those leathers up. Still could do with some 20+ slot bags though. They're just quite expensive. Although I do have some gold now, 2k ish and growing. Will probably invest in some bags when I have 5k or so.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Mine is 507, got alot in LFR, and 1 or 2 from SoO LFR.

8. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    How hard are those LFR? Wouldnt mind getting some sweeet gear for my tank, i think im about ilvl490 with my main!

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    It's pretty easy, i did all raids without an issue as ranged DPS.

I use Deadly Boss Mods addon, it helps alot.

10. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    LFR is free loot, it's near impossible not to clear any given scenario. I'd recommend getting yourself into a proper guild that is actually doing the content in at least normal mode, it's not super difficult and there's tons that only raid once or twice a week. There's a vast difference and frankly it's a lot more fun.

11. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    my guild left realm ive got all my high level chars on so it kind of sucks :(

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I wouldn't say free loot, it's still a challenge for some people.

I've ran into some bosses that we're pretty hard still, like that dino boss, we downed him after third of fourth try.

You also run into people that do a little over or below 50K dps wich can be a problem.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  13. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Each time you fail you get a stacking buff. As long as people stick around the boss will die eventually, it's free loot. You could auto-attack while on the phone for a full boss fight and walk away with purple. I know people that have done it. It's a terrible learning enviroment to be honest, great for gearing up for other content easily but definitely not necessary.

14. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
    This is why I miss TBC. **** was so hardcore back then. (I did not play end game during vanilla)

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    It's all about luck with da dropz

If executed properly it's very easy but some encounters do involve some brain activity besides just pushing 2,3,4 on the keyboard. And pretty much everyone will say that they have been in a LFR which wipes over and over again due to stupid mistakes. The problem is that as a single individual, it's hard to set 24 other players on the right track or to make a big difference.

16. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Anybody else is having problems logging in? Says most of the servers are offline!

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just got kicked out of the server. then couldn't log back in, realm is greyed out. same for other realms, can't get in. looks like Blizz got hacked or something.

18. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah great :( oh well NHL is on now :D

From their twitter

World of Warcraft ;@Warcraft 9m
    Hey all! Our technicians are (and have been) aware of the realm issues and are investigating as we tweet.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  19. Redvan

Redvan Member Guru

GPU:
    2GB HIS 7870
    dont do it!

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmmm...

Anyway, servers went back up after a couple of minutes. Gonna hit 73 and then bed. Loving the game still.

EDIT: ding dong, 74 :)

still loving the game! I'm kinda taking it slow atm, work is too much!!! but I'll be aiming to hit 85 by the end of next week. It's funny how finding the right class/build completely transforms a game. I LOVE playing this hunter. I could tolerate my frost mage and hated my DK. but this hunter bird... She's amazing!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014