Things you hate in Video games.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by peanutmanak47, Aug 19, 2011.

1. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    For me its water. I hate parts in video games, especially ones with monsters, that have water parts. I can blame Half-Life for this because of that damn tiger shark. I couldn't stand him. Scared the crap out of me when I was younger. Stupid tiger shark.

I also don't like FPS games that randomly have aliens or stupid monsters suddenly. Games like the original Far Cry. Let me just kill humans. Nice and easy humans. I don't want demented gorillas chasing me and crap.

2. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Framerate Caps

Reclusive781 likes this.
  3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Triggers.

Triggering a set scene
    Triggering a new wave of monsters
    etc

God damn invisible trigger trip wires everywhere.

Cheap

4. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Weak ass single player games with a main focus on multi player. Good single player games are in short supply now days.

G*addict likes this.

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    tutorials and stupid buttons.

- to move to right press your d-pad to the right..... (even though i'm playing an FPS game with mouse and keyboard)

- to shoot, press the Triangle button... to melee press the Circle button (i'm still using my keyboard and mouse wtf)

- to start a game, press the start button ....(I'M USING A FECKING KEYBOARD!!!)

so i must open the menu, options, keyboard setup and find all the keyboard keys myself .. [​IMG]

6. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah that is something that pisses me off also. I understand sometimes its needed but at times its just freaking cheap!

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hate the fps genre atm, it's become too generic/boring over the last decade.
    hate tutorials
    hate games that start slow, I don't want to play a game for a few hours before it becomes good (Witcher)
    hate game covers that lie about what game I'm buying... (Shift is realistic apparently)
    hate lies in build up for games release (radiant AI in Oblivion being prime example)

8. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    When I can't disable annoying crosshairs, HUD or prompts.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This. One hundred times this.

10. kbozz71

kbozz71 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    + another.

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Linear level design
    Holding hands design, constantly reminding player what to push and telling what to do, where to go
    Overuse of effects (I don't have ADD god damn it) and scripts, too little sandbox
    Poor console controls on PC
    Story parts which I have to sit through, even when replaying
    Achievements. Yes, another useless achievement bringing me out of the game, rewarding me with - nothing and cluttering down the screen with useless info
    Trigger points, unlimited enemies
    No by user saving...replay a large section once again

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  12. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    bastards who shout haxor at me when Im having a good match, nubs lol

13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    This.

In addition I hate MP games that offer no offline Bot match type alternative.

I don't know who decided that multiplayer = online only. But Goldeneye on N64 for example was fun against bots or in 4 way split screen.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've said it before, but i don't consider online as MP, nothing multi about me sitting in a room on my own lol, i would rather play Splitscreen than play online.

But another +1 on weak SP games that are MP focused, and my other complaints are nothing already mentioned too.

Also as previously mentioned i hate on screen prompts, just have a tutorial, or have them only enabled when setting the game to easy.

Last, but certainly not least is trigger points, i find it boring, repetitive and it kills exploration in games as dev's are so scared people will get lost, and or bored if they don't always have something to do.
    For many people its the opposite, but obviously not enough people :(

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm surprised not one of you mentioned drm

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I didn't, as i personally have never had any issues with it, but i recently converted a console only gamer into buying my old PC stuff, and while he is loving much of it, he is having serious issues with Steam, and is abit annoyed he can't buy any retail games until he gets online, which is understandable from someone coming from consoles.

That is not a developer fault, but a publisher one though.

17. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Publishers, i hate publishers long and bony fingers stamped on my games.

I hate... Assumptions pulled out of asses. While you get one company saying "DLC and games are selling like CAKES, and it isnt a lie at all!" the other one is saying "There are 1 million pirated copie... i mean, sales lost, SALES LOST".

In one article you get ppl saying that the industry is dieing, in the other you have ppl saying that is evolving, in the one below you get ppl saying that is degrading, others saying that they never sold so many games than [current] fiscal year.

Nobody tries even to sell the same friggin story. All of em sell different stories. You hear EA, Ubi and Activision and it seems that the industry is falling apart, piece by piece (while ironically they pull money seemingly out of their asses to buy studio after studio), and that strong DRM and DLCs are the way to go. You hear Bethesda for example, or see any progress of small studios (Mojang, CD Projekt RED, GSC Gameworld, 4aGames, even Taleworlds, or any studio dedicated to FB and cellphone games) and it seems that they'll never see better times that the ones that they're currently passing trough.

I hate pratically everything that surrounds videogames, exept the video games themselves.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Unavoidable that though, they all have different stories as they all have different opinions, and when have rivals every agreed on anything.

Not sure about EA or Activision saying anything about gaming falling apart, PC or otherwise, Ubisoft maybe, but those two frequently talk about how much they make on the PC, as they are by far the top two when it comes to PC game publishing.

19. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Remember Cryteks saying that the leak of the Crysis 2 beta was pirates fault? Or all the times they said that piracy was killing Crysis, the industry, our grandmas and what not?
    They agree in disagree, and when you control masses of customers, its pretty bad.

The point is, the only thing that they accomplish is to divide gamers, and make them fight each other. For whatever reasons they pull out, did you imagine gamers fighting for who buy used games and who doesnt 8 years ago? I didnt. Now fighting for who "supports the industry" (rather who thinks that he is trully doing some thing for "the industry" ) and who doesnt is the shizzle.

Its the same that happened with the Napster thing with music industry, only that gamers seem to be far more pissed off at each other thus everything goes to hell instead of evolving like the music industry did.

20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Help text popping up in the middle of the screen and glowing objects.