Thief 4 First Screenshot

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i really dont know if i shall buy this or not :(. will i find a different experience than Shthonered game?

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    its slow paced most of the time and with adrenaline rushes when you need to hide or gtfo xD

if you like such type then go for it :thumbup:

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    iam slow..i get confused when things r FAST. i feel like 80 years old already.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    With 32 years old you feel like 80 already? Man what did you do? :D

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    lol you weren't slow in COD Blackops2 and its 10x faster :D

Imo this Thief is kinda like old hitman meets splinter cell with some prince of persia moves and lots of stealing lol

6. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    ssaa is ambient occlusion

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    SSAA = Super Sampling Anti Aliasing
    SSAO/HBAO/HDAO = Ambient Occlusion

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    wrong choices in life :(

yeah i was like that..i feel good in that game..some kind of natural instinct lol.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Can I kill everyone in this game?

Like... just go around killing everything..

Because that is what makes Skyrim fun for me *___*

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Uhm, not if the objective in Mission is to remain undetected..or you need to follow some1, undeteced, him you cannot kill.

And i doubt it will be fun to kill everyone, thats just not how the game meant to be played.

btw. patch came out:

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Damn... well.. it still looks fun.. despite the reviews.

Was so shocked at kotaku's review... Garrett's hands are lovely at least..

I will probably get it once it has Mantle and is a bit cheaper.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Seen a thread on another forum where everyone was bashing it in comparison to Thief 1 and 2. Apparently it's too linear and not as open as they hoped. A "sneaker on rails" Although I don't recall Thief 1 and 2 having too many alternative options either. I only recall maybe 2 to 3 other places to enter a building which was in obvious locations and maybe your choice of what rooms to go into.

I haven't played this title yet, waiting until I get my PS4 but Thief 3 was actually my favorite of the series. Sure the map was split into loading areas and tighter but it was far more detailed.
    I remember Thief 2 had these huge amounts of space where nothing existed, like a huge lawn outside of a mansion but nothing there other than a tree and plant hiding a moss arrow or something stupid at best.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    From what I've seen, the biggest thing against the game... is there's a specific group of people who are far too attached to the original Thief games.
    So much so that they simply can't accept anything with the same name that is a bit different.

The game is great. I'm having a blast with it, and really can't see or understand the majority of some people's complaints.

But, then again, I never got why people threw a fit about Thief: Deadly Shadows having a third person camera in it.
    And yes, there are still people that have refused to play Thief: DS because it has a third person camera.
    There's nothing wrong with nostalgia. But, holding onto it so tightly that you simply refuse to accept anything else is just ignorant.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    yup and also, its not as linear as Thief 1+2, lol...people..

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    You don't really like it, you're just in denial. Either that or your just trying to justify your purchase. The stealth mechanics are pretty good and it's got great graphics and more customization options than most PC games nowadays, but it's not a THIEF game, dammit! I'd actually give it an 8 or 9 but since it's got the THIEF name attached to it, I'll give it a 2. I'm actually offended that you derive any pleasure at all from it! I'm watching you...

[​IMG]

j/k, in case the sarcasm wasn't thick enough, lol.

17. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Just played a couple of hours and i have to say i like it. I was afraid the game was gonna suck and ruin one of my favourite franchises. And it looks like there was nothing to worry about. I know i haven't played a lot but it just feels like Thief (although i'd like the sword back and for Garret to still be a former Keeper).

The graphics are stunning as well. The texture work isn't the greatest but the use of lighting is phenomenal, they really nailed that.

Can't believe gamespot scored this game the same as the ****ty Rambo game >.<

Maybe it's the in thing these days for all these hipster reviewers to give bad reviews to anything with Square Enix attached to it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Rambo shouldn't have received a score at all *__*

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah gamespot and ign are some crooked mofos. Im calling Titanfall gets and 10/10, the next cod gets 9.

On topic,
    Thief... only going by the videos, it looks as though DeusEX:HR has more freedom than this.

[​IMG]

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I tried the PC version last night when it unlocked here in the UK. I loaded it up and cranked everything to maximum at 1920x1200 then ran the Benchmark. I ignored the first run because I'd accidentally left v-sync enabled (triple buffered) and the second run gave me a min FPS of 42.3, a max FPS of 81.0 and an ave. FPS of 61.7 FPS, which is perfect for me because 60 FPS (v-synced) is my ideal framerate.

The thing is that benchmark score doesn't reflect the performance in the game unfortunately. The game itself runs mostly OK at 60 FPS for 99.5% of the time but suffers from the same kind of slightly juddery feel as that BioShock Infinite had when it was launched. It never makes the game unplayable but it is mildly annoying. Worst still though, some of the cutscenes, which look as if they're pre-rendered full motion video, judder and jerk badly, even pausing noticeably for a split second, at what looks like a really low framerate, for example the one where Garrett and Erin stumble across the ceremony on the church roof and she falls in. Oddly, the PS4 version also suffers from an obviously low framerate during its cutscenes too, although those include the real-time ones (or are all the cutscenes real-time?). Kind of disappointing really but not altogether unsurprising as this is another AMD Evolved (spits!) game and it wouldn't surprise me if the v334.89 driver I'm using is not optimized properly for this game. It's also using Unreal Engine 3 and that frequently has performance issues on NVIDIA hardware; BioShock for example which was also using DX11 like Thief.

Performance issues aside, which as I said don't make the game unplayable, Thief seems entertaining so far. The environments are simply gorgeous (surprisingly so considering it is running on UE3) with incredibly realistic lighting and shadows and that does wonders for the atmosphere. I don't normally have the patience for stealth games but I'm having a blast with Thief and I like that it is a first-person game that isn't just based around shooting things to kill them. It's hard not to draw comparisons with Dishonored (which also uses Unreal Engine 3) but that has the stronger gameplay I feel with Thief having the edge on visuals and atmosphere.