TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    ok now so far so good still there is bit issue with the trees i couldn't find why is it, i want to tell to @theworse you are goddam awesome man you done a very amazing job now this game can live long damn awesome**** indeed plus there is no lag at all when i put it on bordeless and high textures everything else on ultra except shadows, they are on high

2. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    awesome

3. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    The fog is affected by the sunlight, so stop telling me how the engine works. The orange-ish colors of the fog in the evening are because of where the sun position is.

About the ammount of fog when you are in the shadows, that is how the engine manipulates HDR, increases brightness and fog intensity when you are in the shadows or below a bridge.

Like how all the haters just give this thread rating lol.

You should of read the disclaimer when it clearly says "The mod is not final until 1.0v" so mad with this people.

4. Elvelorn

Elvelorn Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970
    Thank you

Thank You TheWorse/Maldo/Vaas
    Use this mod from 0.8, a must have for me !
    New version is awesome Weather transition/fog and light/Wind is improve a lot since 0.8 ! great job
    The DOF is now more fast, more suitable for gameplay !

0.8 help a lot and completly remove stuttering for me, this new version is as good for me, great job !

Regards

5. alessandrobutti

alessandrobutti Guest

GPU:
    Gtx670 2GB
    I like 0.97C.
    I Like It.

However i'll give a few feedbacks if you plan to make other releases:
    -Fog now looks fine (really), maybe needs some fine tunings
    -DOF looks fine (it's present but not so much strong like in 0.7) and playable, maybe needs some fine tunings
    -Maybe I'm unlucky but i haven't seen rain yet...4 hours of game done
    -performances: smoother than vanilla, but a way heavier than 0.8 even with maldo textures...so i stutter a little

Have to ask a thing: Maldo textures in the previous versions where in the high texture preset. It is still like that?
    Because you said you where using those textures on Ultra preset, but as far as i know, maldo took some ultra textures enlighted them and put them to the high preset to make the game run smoother. SO:
    If i want ultra quality textures provided by maldo, i still have to choose "HIGH", am i right?

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'll keep tweaking the dof, fog and the rest of the settings. All of this for 0.99 which will be released soon. Rain is in the game, and its working properly. Go to the safehouse and sleep, you may have to try many times.

I'll also take a look at the performance.

And yeah, MalDo textures use should be the same as before.

7. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Well, yesterday I spent a lot of time messing with files, trying and failing, some times I had success, most not (LoL). Reading tutorials and etc...

I manage to reduce the depth fog while keeping the "haze" around Aiden so that it doesn't interfere too much with the atmosphere The Worse wish to deliver on his latest patch.

What do you guys think? Less fog/haze or is it fine now? I plan to upload my files, so that most of us will stop bothering The Worse about minor details like this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One more thing... The Vanilla version also presents the discrepancy of light/fog when we come out from a building/cover to an outside area. The difference is that in the Vanilla, lights are more intense when you're inside and then they reduce to the current weather once you step outside.
    So we will ALWAYS have this effect, it's not The Worse's fault.

Here is an example The Worse did a great job by adding a little more fog inside so we would notice variances a little less when walking outside. Anyway, these pictures below use the same presets as the ones I've posted above:

From inside...
    [​IMG]

to outside.
    [​IMG]

Btw... Cheers for The Worse's fire modifications, gas station explosions are awesome now!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  8. Pouxi Jr

Pouxi Jr Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX-770 2Go
    No rain in 3 hours of game :'( Sleep 4-5 times and nothing... Are there something for adjust the frequency of rain??

9. alessandrobutti

alessandrobutti Guest

GPU:
    Gtx670 2GB
    Thanks a lot, man!

10. Shinigami_Kiba

Shinigami_Kiba Member

GPU:
    GeForce MSI NX7800GTX 256MB
    As I said in the topic I made
    the bloom levels are ridiculous, there is no need for so much bloom, adding huge amounts bloom and blur to games does NOT make them look better or next gen, these effects must be used in moderation.

With that said it came off as if I was hating on TheWorse for making that topic, quite the contrary, I just never get attention in these big topics and wanted get some input because I legit thought my game had bugged out with how much bloom there was in 0.97c

Now I have a question about the textures.
    I installed whatever textures came with the big 0.8 mod, I see nothing wrong with them tho people were saying there were aliasing issues, I have no idea never seen that myself. My question is, how do I go back to the vanilla/default textures or install updated textures from a different modder or the same one without those new textures conflicting with these ones.

I don't know if I'm being clear enough.
    0.8 had this GUI thing which let you install a texture hack, how do I get rid of that and go back to vanilla textures because i want to try out different mods and some say they aren't compatible with that fix or what have you.

11. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    What version do you want? You can just reinstall 0.8 or 0.97c without maldo's textures. 0.8 has the config tool and 0.97c has two download options.

12. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Thanks for your feedback, man. :)

Collect the original patch.fat and patch.dat (Ubisoft's patch 1.03) and drag it to "Disrupt" or any other gib tool you prefer. If you can't unpack them, download Microft XNA Redistributable 4.0, it's a plugin that will allow you to do so.

If you want Maldo's original fix, install TW 0.8 patch, drag the patch.fat and dat to your gib tool, unpack it and copy all of the "graphics" folder to wherever you desire to incorporate it.

13. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    iam sorry but the latest version is so bad, the color grading is awful, all the blurryness around is annoying, so is the ammount of fog...The textures don't look any good with the texture pack, only thing I noticed is the aliasing of distant textures and thats it.
    Performance is even worse with this latest mod, I think I'll stuck with the vanilla game again.

14. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Good, I didn't make my mod for you then. And it would be nice if you say "it's my opinion".

15. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    If you're only making this mod for yourself now, why bother to 'share' it then?

And it's obviously someone's opinion when the thoughts and words they write come from their own head isn't it, so it's unnecessary.

If you are going to share it in a public forum, which you are, then expect feedback, and take it like a grown up.

16. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Calm down, at least I said I was sorry, so you won't be as offended, learn to take constructive criticism.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Who else's opinion would it be?

18. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    You basically said: Everything is bad, vanilla is better. Is that constructive feedback? lol.

19. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    What did you expect? Why would I admire something about this mod, if I don't like a single thing? Dude.....

20. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    In the end, it'll be a matter of taste. If one dislikes our efforts there's nothing wrong about it, yet this one should consider to do it better for his own sake and personal tastes or keep up with things just how they were before. I don't see a reason for arguing, guys. We're on the same "PC gaming boat", let's try not to throw each other out of it.

Keeping up...

Even less fog this time, but two warnings everyone should be aware of:

1- It completely disrupts the initial The Worse's intentions to provide a more immersive atmosphere.

2- If I take it to a even lower level, the game will be more like the Vanilla fog, or I may say, almost no fog at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The good point for those who appreciate it, is that weather varies less when walking/driving out of buildings...

In...
    [​IMG]

out...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014