TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    The latest rivatuner statistics server

Run well with sweetfx

2. Byte

Byte New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 760 DCuIIOC
    Hey guys, I've installed the 1.0 version w/o maldo textures and I get horrible grass shimmering. Everything else is great. I had this problem also with 0.97c w/ maldo and didn't have it with 0.7 version. What should I do? Also, can someone suggest a SweetFX preset that goes along well with this mod?

3. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Thanks you for the speedy reply :D

4. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    ATTENTION: This mod is not supported or compiled by Supersourav99, TheWorse , MaLDo or any other modder nor is meant to completely seem like one of their mods variances, so DO NOT bother asking them for error corrections, it was me who changed/switched files. And don't forget that I am not a hardcore modder.

With that being said please continue to the download link and info below
    :)

INSTALLING:

- Unpack patch.fat and patch.dat;
    - Move them to data_win64 and overwrite any existing files if necessary;
    Hint for possible paths:

Uplay (Disc Version)
    Program Files\Ubisoft\WATCH_DOGS\data_win64

Uplay (Digital)
    Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\WATCH_DOGS\data_win64

Origin
    Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\WATCH_DOGS\data_win64

Steam
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\WATCH_DOGS\data_win64
    - Play.

UNINSTALLING:

- Delete patch.fat and patch.dat on data_win64.

*SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

High (Ultra MaLDo)
    Recommended for R9 280X / GTX 770 2GB and superior cards

Medium (High MaLDo)
    Recommended for R7 260X / R9 270X / GTX 650Ti / GTX 760 and superior cards

*These "requirements" are totally based on my own experiences after testing the Mod for several hours. However, everybody knows that this game has memory leak, bad programming and terrible optimization on the PC version, so, these requirements may vary to more or less , it all depends on "who knows", once this title doesn't have any constant/fix parameters to state which hardware configuration will be truly needed. I'm sorry but as far as each one of you should know by now is that Watch_Dogs is a broken game.

TonyMBR - Pure E3 BALANCED + MaLDo's Textures Fix Reloaded [PERFORMANCE Edition]

Changes to the original version (made by Supersourav99):
    - E3 Bloom
    - E3 DoF
    - E3 Camera
    - E3 NEW Vigilante Coat, trousers, cap and mask
    - Increased rain/storm possibilities and wind power/direction
    - Dynamic lights cast from vehicles headlights
    - Dynamic fog according to weather, day/night time
    - Scenario is now damaged by fire weapons
    - More particles on the city
    - Rain drops react to light
    - Solo's lensflares

Changes to the Mod made by me:
    - Default TimeScale
    - HQ textures for Medium and High - MaLDo - It is NOT needed nor recommended to put textures on Ultra in-game. It'll change absolutely nothing, once High is much lighter and has truly better visuals.
    - Default Civilian density
    - Changes to geometries for better performance
    - Textures occlusion on roads are now more visible during daylight and dry weather

NOTES:
    - It is recommended to delete and let the game generate a new "GamerProfile.xml" after aplying the patch; "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\3df3d659-0831-42e5-953c-8798e74cdca3
    - Feel free to configure it as you'd like in-game after that

SCREENSHOTS (HIGH)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SCREENSHOTS (MEDIUM)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to: Kadzait24, MaLDo, TheWorse, Vaas, Supersourav99 (mainly), SoloCreep, Lunayah and all excellent and true modders (I'm not one btw) who inspired me.

Special thanks to the Guru3D community and Adrenaline Forums!

Hope you enjoy it,

Tony.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014

5. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    The color is really close to 2013 Relaunch Demo Build, right?

Using fixed E3 Lighthing preset:
    [​IMG]

Relaunch Demo:
    [​IMG]

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    NO Xbox or apple in this pic I did awhile back.LOL
    [​IMG]

7. Citizen47

Citizen47 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX 2 GB OC
  8. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I find it shamefull to publish this in TheWorse's topic while he is on vacations.
    Please create your own topic rather than doing advertisement for your mod in another person's famous product !

9. nuvasek

nuvasek Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB OC
    famous product, well he completely masks his mod with sweetfx
    he just added fog,bloom and dof nothing really impressive

10. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I don't use his SweetFX so I am not judging on that.

Seriously : It's common sense not using another topic to promote one's own product, especially when the person is not here !

11. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm putting together a configurable version of this mod that'll allow you to pick bloom and fog settings among other things, so I've been combing through this mod and I can tell you it does a lot more than just add fog and bloom effects. If it's not to your tastes though there are other options available.

For those interested the configurable version of the mod is an update to my alteration that had lower bloom and fog levels. You'll now be able to configure everything similarly to TWv0.8, though it just doesn't have a fancy tool lol. It'll still be fairly simple though. I'll explain how everything will work when it's released. It'll be uploaded to the thread on steam, but I'll mention it here too.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/43099722142040818/

12. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    E3 2012 Pre-render.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    i used this version of the mod that cmh tweaked for less fog and lower dof, also using the sweetfx found there also http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/43099722142040818/?tscn=1406126449#p1
    i run ultra settings with txaax2 sometimes x4 but i cant remember what i had at the time i took those screens. i use mainly x2 now tho
    what really made those screens pops is i turned on supersampling in gamerprofile.xml BUT this option used 5+GB of vram and ran at around 20 fps so it is not recommended for gameplay or low vram cards.

14. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Hello, KuroTenshi.

As you were completely respectful with your thoughts/accusations I'll reply accordingly, respectfully likewise:

1- I've said I'm not a modder since the beggining of it, there's a BIG "Attention" note right at the top of my post.
    I won't make a new thread because I'm not a modder and do not suffice the knowledge to say that I am one. All I do is to carefully compile data files avoiding corruption or breaking any of the mods. Anyone could do this, it requires just a little reading and testing.
    Even people on this thread like the modifications I've made to TheWorse's 0.97c fog density if you are not aware of it.

2- Supersourav99 himself already have invited me to join his team, and we talked yesterday about this release I would make, though I do not feel like it should be one of his official releases such as CoolerEra's LITE version. That's why I uploaded it as personal one. I'm sorry if I make myself too clear when I post something, using capital words, different colors and such. But I don't think "Hey guys, try my mod: (link)" would be a neat way to post something that I expect to improve the game to everybody.

You take me for another person if you think I'm trying to acquire notoriety, I'm not seeking to promote myself (promote what by the way? I don't even make money out of it). I don't need it. It's just a GAME, man. I have a life outside and become a modding "celebrity" is not amongst my goals, though I respect and admire those who truly are.

All I'm trying to do is to give people more performance without losing quality.
    I personally don't like WD's 1.0, but you don't see me complaining here, or trying to criticize it because I know he mods to his tastes, just like I do. If I did think it as my favorite mod I would have modified it, but there is too much fog and other things I dislike, it's my personal taste, there's nothing wrong with his mod itself.

TheWorse himself faced a LOT of it at the start, when he started fiddling/improving kadzait24's files and they both argue with each other. Also, you should remember TheWorse almost gave up several times due to this "competition" and unnecessary criticism for a damn game mod. I try to help, if the majority of users on this thread don't like it, I'll respect you and stop sharing my modifications as well, keeping them to myself, I see no problem with that and would not get heart-broken because of it.

I understand your criticism and partially accept it, but all I've done was to share with people what I reached, what is really good. It has never been, it is not, and it will never be a competition to me. There are few things in life which are worth fighting for, and in my opinion games are not one of them. They are made for enjoyment and entertainment. No hard feelings at all, I like your posts by the way. :)

Nice man. Feel free to fiddle with my files as you wish too.

15. nuvasek

nuvasek Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB OC
    what?

16. Jakey

Jakey New Member

GPU:
    2GB
    Just want to make this clear - has anyone historically had any trouble using v1.0 (or earlier versions) of this mod on a retail copy of Watch Dogs? Any Uplay accounts banned or anything like that?

17. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Hey guys, the Changelog for the Configurable Version of TheWorse v1.0 is available here, along with how it works. It currently doesn't have a fancy GUI config tool but setup and installation is easy, as long as you follow the install directions. You'll now be able to select several different options for this mod (including low and minimal fog setting).

The download will be available this evening. Everything works, I just need vanilla files for a few of the Default options lol and I don't have them on this computer. I'll let you guys know here and on Steam when it's available.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/43099722142040818/

18. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Certainly no. That would have made news here and on many gaming sites and forums. The mod works the same way the UBI patch does, and it doesn't do anything to enable cheating or anything.

19. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
  20. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol I think above all the npc's need an overhaul. Their dialogue is repetitive (don't get me started on the freestyle rappers and beat boxers) and needs to be mixed up more so it's more random, not to mention the only reaction they have to Aidans driving is jumping out of the way and yelling, which doesn't make much sense when you're slowing driving through a parking lot or the right side of the road.