TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    hey the worse as a great fan of you're work i must admit i don't like this 1 as can be seen in the video my screenratio has we'll 2 thick black borders... why ? is it for the cinematic feel ? if so plz don't i like to use my whole screen also with explosions can also be seen around his hat had white lines i want to blame maldo's textures but i haven't tried the other without it maybe there is a better solution ? anyway lemme know here's a link to the video i made

enyoi : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLrpT12el0&list=UUQF5iF6pBYCALnsKovguNVw

2. kernolsz28

kernolsz28 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you can turn off the thick black bars by opening up the sweetfx_settings file with notepad, search for border and replace the 1 with a 0, it will look like this after changed and then save.

0 //[0 or 1] Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.

3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Obviously I completely disagree with you. Even at 5mph, If a car goes toward you, you can be injured or splatted.
    Same things for dialogs and rap. It's ambiance. You don't like rap it's your problem.

Cars at demand is useful for me. Certain zone doesn't have any car near you. When you want to pirate of follow somebody, order an ambulance or TV truck can be useful. You can want a solid car or a fast, or a moto, while there isn't where you are. When you are followed, you can ask for a certain vehicule to escape,...
    The radius of spawning is only a few meters.

4. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Just take my pack in page 29.

5. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Great work as always TheWorse.

I gave v0.99+Maldo's Textures a try last night and found what it looks to be a bug, though.

[​IMG]

Is this because of Maldo's textures, DOF os is it an actual bug?
    TheWorse, could you please look into it?

6. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    I LOVE YOU !!! thank you very much i though'd it had something to do with that little bugger :p

7. bkrieger

bkrieger Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    I still get a lot of stuttering and frame drops, especially when driving. I have 2 GTX 680 sli 2gb VRAM. I understand there is a guide that shows things I can do to reduce stuttering. Anyone have a link to this guide?

Thanks for the mod. It's much better than it was before.

8. christal

christal Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    TheWorse, you have done great job with this mod!

Thank you!

I am an artist and have been dealing with images since 20+ years and have some suggestions.

The visuals with your mod are exellent and the graphics are raised to a new level.

I just would like to see some subtle /very discreet/ blurring ONLY AT THE EDGE OF THE OBJECTS. It is not the same as DOF and could be done through some king of post-processing.

I don`t know if this is doable, but it will create even more cinematic "film noir" atmosphere.

The best example of this is MAFIA II. The graphics there are a bit dated, but that discreet blurring at the edges is very convincing.

9. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    First page updated with the link of 1.0 version + MalDo textures.

Can you post a screenshot?

10. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Maldos textures seem bad they render some pretty damaged results in 0.99 are those fixed in 1.0 ?

Maldos stuff seems more POC that fails, so better back to Vanilla textures.

Please TheWorse replace the bad textures that completely fail in the Engine with Vanilla Ultra textures @ least the problems aren't fixed with 1.0 still broken Rendering.

http://anonym.to/?http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/01b579d7d14e0373447f9e7083d795fc.png

Btw TheWorse normaly people hate this effect you doing on a Picture they are used to Contrast and what you doing is like the same as a PC->TV Colorspace conversion on a PC Monitor output that's technically awefull reducing color possibilities.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014

11. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    typos happen its a common occurrence.

im basing what im saying off the fact that the game is using 3.5Gb of vram on ultra setup. i know there are tons of factors that come into play overall but vram usage isnt going to be changed that much by other factors. someone could have a slower cpu that keeps them from running well but if they already didnt have enough vram then they could get a new cpu and still have issues. im just seeing a ton of people saying things like "i have a 7## card and 2gb of ram why doesnt this game work in ultra" 2gb isnt enough for this game and 3gb really isnt either if you ate doing a true ultra setup so ppl need to stop saying they have what it takes as far as their card goes. it doesnt matter if another game looks better to them and runs fine cause that game isnt watchdogs

12. christal

christal Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Can you post a screenshot?

Unfortunately, no. I don`t have minimum posts to attach images.

You can look up in Google Images for Mafia II and you will see what I`m talking about :)

13. AMV

AMV Member

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
  14. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    After installing this mod the game never loads. Is there any way to fix this?

15. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Well no I don't like rap, but the issue is that certain npc rapper will repeat the same dialogue within 15 seconds after finishing it. Imagine your favorite rap song with the chorus repeated nonstop. I pretty much just find and run into these guy, they stop and run off the second Aidan touches them luckily.

I think you misunderstood about the car. I mean I'm driving in the street, no where near people and theyre jumping back out of the way and screaming for no reason. They just seem to have one reaction to the players driving. Using the music app helps to mask their screaming but the songs aren't very diverse either.

In remote areas ordering cars can be helpful, but it's ridiculous how far you have to go. Hell in Saints Row they're literally driven right up to me. It's just a flawed mechanic they didn't fine tune after adding it to the game.

16. christal

christal Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    It just needs a lot of video memory.

17. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    So v1.0 is out, very cool. For those wanting a version without Maldo's textures just unzip the patch file, and delete the graphics folder and copy in the one from v0.99. He hasn't updated or added textures since 0.97 or so, so it should be the same just without Maldo's textures.

18. thokkiano

thokkiano Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    thanks

19. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Does this imply Maldo textures look better in 0.8? I hope so, because I'll switch between 0.8, 0.99 & 1.0 depending on which look and atmosphere I'm in the mood for. I'm seeing some really nice textures in 0.8 (with the tree fix,) except some rock textures and maybe a few others.

20. christal

christal Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    The new colors in the mod are also way better than those in the vanilla game. When you tell a story about an anti-hero, there shouldn`t be green trees and flowers blooming :)