TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Holy DOF Batman, who just shot me in the face with a tub of Vaseline?

I see lots of DOF and no other changes

2. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Ah, well that's good (and bad I suppose). UBI wont fix anything with this at this point, so it'll end up having to be a modder either way.

~There's quite a few asking about how to lighten the fog during clear days so for those who really dislike the fog during the clear sunny days, here's how you can fix it. You will have to do this yourself though.

Open the patch.dat file (check the How to Mod WD thread if you don't know how)

Find the windy_city.game.xml, change it to windy_city.game.rml and convert it with the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.eve. Open the converted windy_city.xml.

Do a search for Fog (ctrl+F). Find the line for clear days (<EnvironmentSettingsContainer Name="Clear") Line 108 in notepad++. Change the envfogsettingsFog="2148704822" to "1865567337".

Save the file and reconvert it with the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.eve. Rename the converted xml to windy_city.game.xml, and repack the patch file.

That's it, the fog will now be lighter on sunny days. If you want to play with other settings to suite your preferences that's up to you. I personally like the fog settings, particularly at night and when it rains.

3. ProtoApex

ProtoApex New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 680
    How much vram do you have, I only have 2gb. I do not think there is anything wrong with my 680, but I did just receive it back today from RMA'ing it.

I only have 2gb. Dropping most things down to high improved my fps to around 35-50 and go rid of most of the stuttering. The really strange thing is that the game runs much better in borderless windowed mode then it does in fullscreen. Running it in windowed mode removes the vast majority of the stuttering and increases my fps by about 5-10.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb

5. KW71

KW71 Member

GPU:
    gtx 780 3gb
    Please, need help. Im usint .97c withtout Maldo textures. Why can't I select ultra textures in the menu? (is gray).

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I have a single MSI GTX680 Lighting with 2gb of vram overclocked to 1300/6900. And everything works fine. I've disabled memory page file because I have 16gb of ram. No problems whatsoever.

So seems that aidens hands problem came because of ubisoft's patch. I'm going to keep testing anyways.

And keep in mind, this is the last time I'm going to say. This mod was made for personal preferences, It's not easy to make too many things for different tastes and people. So stop telling me what to do. MalDo tool MAY come back for 1.0v so you'll be able to choose other presets

7. Campacci2k

Campacci2k Active Member

GPU:
    R9 280X 3 GB
    You must do this BEFORE the load save game.

8. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    The zoom animation could be caused by the ubisoft patch, but not the hands in his pocket. This works almost fine just with this new version it doesn't.

9. CrYsi2

CrYsi2 Member

GPU:
    Myst 7870 1250/1600
    ultra textures settings + maldo textures (700mb) its possible in 2gb vram?

10. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    im asuming you are just gonna stop releasing till 1.0 is ready ? (wich seems the most logic)

11. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Unless you're really overclocking and have a few tweaks to your system a 680 with 2gb wont cut it maxed out. The game even mentions it needs at least 3gb for ultra settings. I have 4gb vram and 32gb memory, slight stuttering when driving full speed but still very playable now. Dropping it down to high should do it for you. Even with mods this game is horribly optimized.

12. machine4578

machine4578 Active Member

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    i suggest you do some more tests.. because if you use the official patch.dat\.fat files or none at all, when the animation from phone does not happen after death, aiden's hands no longer go in his pockets..

so again, it has nothing to do with the mod and needs to be addressed by ubisoft!

13. BigNog

BigNog Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    Just wondering, how do you guys set the GPU Max Buffered Frames option?

What about the GamerProfile.xml? Do you have AlphaToCoverage and SuperSampling set to 1?

Currently playing TW 0.97c with Maldo Textures (Ultra textures, Ultra graphic settings and Temporal SMAA), runs super smooth with zero stuttering.

14. kernolsz28

kernolsz28 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Worse 0.97c mod with my GTX 690

http://postimg.org/image/sx4om3ktx/full/
    Using maldo textures, set on High using 2gb of ram on my 690 , absolutely no stuttering while using both gpu's.
    * also forgot to mention I'm getting 60 fps with v-sync on, roughly 75-80 without.

15. Soloman212

Soloman212 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    Are you guys replicating these issues without fail, every time? I'm running .97c, and have ran every version since .7, without either of these issues. If I understand correctly, you're saying every time you die the "zoom out of phone" animation is no longer there? And Aiden doesn't put his hands in his pockets? I've never had either of these issues. Would I be useful for figuring out what the issue is and what causes the bug? I can give hardware information or something if it helps.

EDIT: Nevermind, I realize now that you're saying occasionally the phone animation won't happen, and only after that he won't put his hands in his pockets. I've never noticed such an issue, but it may just be I didn't pay enough attention when it happened.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    As usual as soon as I apply any one of these WD mods, the game refuses to rain no matter how long I wait

I see no changes other than DOF and Shadows so far without rain

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Yes, it's set to 1 in gamerprofile. Max buffered frames set to 2 ingame.

Playing here same settings as yours, pushing around 40fps on average which i'm happy with.

18. BoomSlang001

BoomSlang001 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    Bummer. 0.97c has actually caused me some stuttering. It's pretty minor but definitely there. Not going back to 0.97b though. Game is nearly over and it looks much better than "b". Again, it's a bummer but I still appreciate it since it's still night and day from vanilla's horrible stutter.

EDIT: BTW, this also on high textures and some other lowered gfx settings.

19. Pouxi Jr

Pouxi Jr New Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX-770 2Go
    I think there are a problem with the night because the sky is not black and there are always a glow. I tried at midnight and it is the same. Somebody have this one too??

20. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    Impressive test latest version 0.97c+Maldo Textures and everything is wonderful, I played long and I did not get to see the rain, I will continue to try to have if I see rain, perfect for the rest, thanks.