TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Did you try to set Shadows to High instead of Ultra ?
    As they are very sharp, they use a lot of ressources.

As TheWorse increased number of shadows and added dynamic, it's normal it stutters more.
    I like shadows in high as much as in ultra, because shadows are not necessarily ultra sharp, like in ultra.

2. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    @TheWorse

I tested your mod and it is great. You just need to fix/integrate this things for v1.0:

1) The red sun bug in rainy, cloudy moments.
    2) Make the rain more dense and let it react to the wind and light.
    3) Enable the ultra particles, if you choose high textures in the options. (Like in Lunayah's Mod)
    4) Integrate one of SoloCreep's lens flares.

This things would make v1.0 perfect. Hope you integrate this stuff.

3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    +1000 ! Nothing to add !

4. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    i noticed that it stopped raining in the game, so i changed the gamer profile ''Render Rain'' from 0 to 1 and still there is no rain for, i have slept many times and played for hours. Can anyone please help me?

5. ImmortalicT

ImmortalicT New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 OC Gigabyte Wind
    First off I want to say thank you to the Worse and great work!

TonyMBR,

Is it possible for you to put another version of the low DOF for us? Don't get me wrong, I love the mod, just DOF in general makes me dizzy. I tried turning DOF off in the settings but it screwed up the game. The game started flickering and stuff when I was looking and moving around. If not no biggie, thank you!

6. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    I really don't know what could cause this problem. For me it rains normal. Very strange. Try to reinstall patch 1.03 from Ubisoft and then TheWorse Mod 0.99.

7. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    A rumor that the UBI patch makes SLI worse.

8. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    The Ubisoft patch makes everything in the game worse for me. Before I had no bugs and nearly no stuttering. But this patch makes simply everything worse. Great that i finished the game before this useless patch.

9. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    The point is, TheWorse includes the patch in his mod. If he could atleast guide us to which files to remove in the unpacked patch files order to 'disable' it.

Worse case, I'll have to manually compare file structures and delete similar files and then maybe make another thread about it, if it works.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  10. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    You're asking a lot, I don't think many of the modders remember exactly what was added by the ubi patch. When putting together my own I just build onto the ubi patch without really seeing what's in it. If you really want to remove it you can find the vanilla patch here -> https://mega.co.nz/#!ykgGBbhY!FNUkfuxDB-U35_UjAougfBisiPjhPZsoLFX3nd6Acbk I unpacked it too so just unzip the rar file. You're likely to have issues with the empty weapon wheel, corrupt game save, and 90% loading bugs (and more, I don't remember everything wrong with this damn game). Honestly, I think you're better off.

As an alternative for those having issues check out this from Nvidia. It'll give you a better idea of what your graphics card is actually capable of using in this game. For example 4xTXAA shouldn't be used unless you're using SLI and has to be at least a 680. Otherwise even the Titan is suggested to use Temporal SMAA. Check out the rest of the page too if you're interested in more info about WD graphics.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/watch-dogs-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide#watch-dogs-optimal-playable-settings

11. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'm not going to explain what files needs to be removed in order to remove the patch from ubisoft. For that I would have to manually find the files that have to be removed and I don't have time.

1.0v has to be available tomorrow. I'm going on vacation for two weeks.

The "Red-sun bug" its not a bug. Because I've increased the fog intensity for storm lighting the sun still appears back there. It's how the engine handles it.

I've adjusted the rain so now it should work perfectly fine and dynamic.

I'm adjusting the bloom for storm lighting. And also working on the exposure and lighting during night.

12. Sh1ny

Sh1ny Member

GPU:
    gtx870m 3gb
    I love dof......

13. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780 OC 3GB
    Patch or no patch, mod or no mod... This game is unplayable for me, it stutters like hell, especially during driving or running. The only way to make it barely playable is changing textures to medium. It still stutters a bit, but much less though.

This sucks... :(

14. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    You need to read guides to get rid of stuttering for the game. Disable the page file and try other stuff. How can I actually play the game with my mod at 1440p + ultra textures with minimal stuttering?

15. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Member Guru

GPU:
    780 sli
    THats a good question TW. What settings are you running? What AA? I have page file disable still stutter.

16. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780 OC 3GB
    Can you point me to those guides?

17. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I have none of the bugs you speak of in the vanilla unpatched game.

Removing the patch from 0.99 seems to work fine for me.

I just unpacked the patch file, compared to 0.99 and removed the files that existed.

If anything, my performance in SLI improved. running at around 75-80fps in High consistently, unless I drive beyond several intersections where it drops to 45fps to 'load' a new area.

Edit: For others trying this, save games might be incompatible, so be warned. I started a new game to avoid any issues.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  18. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    1440p + temporal smaa, everything ultra including textures. Using my latest mod + MalDo textures aswell. 30-45 fps.

19. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Member Guru

GPU:
    780 sli
    Not sure how that is possible especially with 2GB VRAM. I'm practically the same setup but with 1080 with 3GB VRAM, disablepagefile and high textures with stutter. Gpuz shows 3055MB VRAM usage. The fps is fine but surely you are stuttering.

20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The red sun is frigging great.
    I love it.Mod looks good and runs fine.You made the mod for yourself and your sharing it with others.Thanks for sharing.