TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. JetBlack

JetBlack New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7700 1 gig
    Thanks Maldo and TheWorse! ver .99 looks great on my PC even with a fairly weak videocard and runs great as well! Although there are still some slowdowns it is running better than it was and I'm sure it won't be better until Ubi issues another patch. Til then, thanks for making the game so beautiful!

2. Omerta

Omerta Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    Camera is perfect, especially when you sprint.. Like when the camera moves away from Aiden..

3. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Member

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    I've had a bit of a problem with 0.99.

I was doing a gang hideout (the Low Road in Mad Mile) and it seemed like after I used a couple of cameras to locate the guy the game went really dark meaning I couldn't really see what I was doing. I switched back to vanilla and didn't have the problem.

I think I had it before as well in another mission.

4. thokkiano

thokkiano Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Do you know how to unpack the patch?

If you do. Do it. And replace the folder wind city for 0.97 wind city ( or whatever) or even delete it, but you will have vanilla raining.

If you don't, try another mod or version. And check.

Let me know, I can help you.
    :)

5. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I have this sometimes when I am doing chess, poker, drinking,....
    I think too it's related to the mod.

And time transitions are not smooth.

6. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    why not just re-enable it in gamerxml file? its simpler for sure but i dunno if the result is the same or dfferent?

7. thokkiano

thokkiano Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Cos it does not work for me. Sometimes happen. Its ok, I know how to fix it, but the guy doesn't.

8. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    So do MalDo textures really eliminate stuttering at the cost of pronounced aliasing that can't be reduced by SMAA/MSAA as much as native textures? Given, my sig - which one should I use? TheWorse WITH MalDo textures or TheWorst WITHOUT MalDo? Native game (fully patched) does stutter for me with Ultra textures when I'm driving at night in down-town Windy-City.

9. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I think the anti-aliasing issue is mainly just with the ceiling of the Owl Motel, otherwise no bugs have been reported if I recall. Otherwise his textures look great and definitely help with stuttering. They also include hi-res textures in place of low-res ones so you'll also have better graphics. I'm looking into the anti-aliasing issue and TheWorse has mentioned he's doing the same so the issue will be resolved for v1.0.

10. DarkPlugin

DarkPlugin New Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 280X
    Remove that stupid DOF pleas it`s awful.

11. Omerta

Omerta Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    Jesus man, "off" it in options if you do not like..

The night is really too dark..

12. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol no one seems to be pleased with the dof, regardless of changes. Guys it's a crappy effect that only looks good for screenshots anyway. Really at it's doing is increasingly making the background blurry to simulate depth of field. This however cant be properly simulated as your eyes automatically do this depending on what you're looking at, meaning the effect isn't static. Just switch dof off in the graphic settings and the mod looks great.

The only bugs I've seen worth reporting are:

The day time is a bit too bright. It's easily fixed so those who want to adjust it can easily do this themselves though.

I found the bloom too intense, again another personal preference but easily fixed as well with brightness and environment lighting.

I prefer the original color of the sky at night, but removing the sky.lib easily fixes this so no biggie.

The transition from inside to outside, or standing under tunnels and in shaded areas, is too intense. The brightness of everything else is too high, though again probably something easily fixable person to person.

That's pretty much it, and all of those are in the windy_city.game.xml, so customizing the mod yourself isn't difficult.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  13. DarkPlugin

DarkPlugin New Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 280X
    How can i turn it off? It is a preset??

14. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    This problem can be "solved" with TXAA and many SweetFX presets reduce the problem.

I'd rather TheWorse with Maldo. It reduces stuttering, it's replace low res textures by high, improve high textures to replace many ultra, and optimize some ultras (which create aliasing).
    I am playing with TXAAx2 and a SweetFx preset, and I don't see any aliasing.

15. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Member

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    Glad its not just me then.

I've rolled back for now. I like nice looking graphics but not at the expense of the gameplay.

My testing of vanilla to compare it also led me to decide I prefer the slightly dark day style of it, colours just seem a little too washed out during the day for me.

16. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    It's quite rare and doesn't last long, so I can live with this.

17. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    @cmh175

Do you know which files need to be removed in order to 'disable' the ubi patch 1.03?

18. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Several. The UBI patch has 65 files with 48 folders, so they're spread all over the place. I don't think it's worth trying to remove. Why do you want to anyway?

19. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    Damn.... I just tried TheWorse 0.99v with MalDo textures and the game still stutters on Ultra even during the day! I remember that was only the case at night with un-patched original game. I don't even use DoF. I think DoF in TheWorse Mod is WAY over the top. Other mods also just go nuts with DoF that makes close-by objects impossible to see... There should be at least some options to choose from when it comes to DoF.

What sucks about ALL these mods is that they make some places look great, but others suck. Same goes with SweetFX. I see so many awesome screen-shots and some areas look so awesome, but then others are way too dark it makes it hard to see, etc.

20. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    OK, the original game doesn't stutter much on Ultra as TheWorse Mod does... at least on my system. Maybe I should try TheWorse without MalDo textures..?