TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    @TheWorse

Awesome work! Now I will change from Lunayah's Mod V3.1 Warm to The Worse Mod 0.99, because this version finally looks good with good perfomance and just little bugs. Good work!

PS: Now it rains more often! That's very very good and when it rains it looks so realistic with the fog and the dense rain. BUT it would be great if the rain would react to the wind, because in Lunayah's version it reacts to the wind. The density of the rain is good. No need to change that. Everything is great now, just the rain needs some little tweaks.

PS2: Leave the raining frequency in the next versions, as in v0.99! I like in when it rains often, and the rain lets the game looks really great. It is autumn in the game, so it is fine, when it rains often and is windy.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Member Guru

GPU:
    780 sli
    Guys what's the stuttering like on .99? What settings?

3. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    you can try Pures Core version it showed exceptionally well Latency behavior on my 460 GTX @ High 0 stuttering @ driving except loading states :)

Though it wont help if your problem is system setup related.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  4. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    The "red" sun bug its something that should be really easy to fix. I'll see what else I can do for 1.0v. which should fix also the bloom problem some people experienced.

I'll increase the threshold of the storm weather a bit so it doesn't rain too often.

Also I'll take a look at the rain reacting to the wind.

5. MSGWright

MSGWright Active Member

GPU:
    780ti
    great job ..99 is GREAT! visuals are stunning and maldo's textures helped my stutter alot!

6. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This performs really well. My fps was higher than I expected. There's a few things I'll tweak for myself (I prefer lower bloom options, it's also really bright during the day, and I don't like the color of the sky at night. All pretty minor and things I can quickly change) but as a whole I really like this. I think after cleaning up the few bugs people have reported it'll be ready for v1.0.

7. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    So with some small alterations to the bloom, environment lighting, and sky this looks really frickin good. One of the best looking mods I've seen, and yet still managed 38-50 fps with only minor stuttering (ultra settings). Unfortunately I don't think the stuttering will ever completely go away, not without degrading quality, but I don't think I could really ask for better than TheWorse v0.99.

~Screenshots got a little degraded when I uploaded them, but you get the idea.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. rocknroll1980

rocknroll1980 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon R9290X Matrix
    @ the worse !

You ****ing nailed it ! Its perfect !

9. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    0.99 without maldo

[​IMG]

===================================================
    0.99 with BossMafioso lens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KrAzZiiHaMzZii

KrAzZiiHaMzZii New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC 3gbs
    yo! quick question if i verify files with uplay will that get rid of all the mods? cuz i wanna do that i dont know what i did but the game keeps messing up i feel like theres more problems with this .99 release so i wanna start all over any idea guys?

11. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB

My bad man

12. CrYsi2

CrYsi2 Member

GPU:
    Myst 7870 1250/1600
    i lost 7fps averague on 99c.

some more?

13. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Member Guru

GPU:
    780 sli
    Does .99 allow 3gb cards to run ultra without stutter or are we supposed to run this on high for best results?

14. wolfbaron

wolfbaron Member

GPU:
    gt 755m 2ddr5
    once again awesome work ... !!

15. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    For those having performance issues, I'm running with Ultra textures and High settings other than Water and LOD and manage about 42 fps while driving in populated areas. There's still some stutter (I don't think it'll ever go away using anything other than medium) but it's really not to bad. You need to check the settings for you gpu though. Nivida users make sure you're setting specific settings for WD in the Nivida Control panel, make sure to turn on high performance optimization settings. Yes, this will degrade the image some, but nothing you'll really notice (the game does have very detailed graphics at least) and you'll get a 10-15 fps raise easily. I took a picture doing a wheelie with the chopper in the middle of the city with about 48 fps, but the frame rate apparently saves just off to the side of the screen shot, so it doesn't show up (nice I suppose).

~I'm not familiar with AMD, but I'm sure there's a gpu control panel equivalent.

16. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I'm using v0.99+Maldo+SweetFX and it looks great. Ultra settings+2xTXAA I get 50-60fps with minimal stutter but it still drops below 50fps a lot especially when driving. That's up to Ubisoft to fix. The mod looks great aside from the few issues mentioned on the last page.

One problem: I've set Textures to High but the game is still using 2.8-3gb vram with the Maldo mod and there's no discernable fps gain switching from Ultra to High Textures.

17. k920048

k920048 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri X/4GB
    I think I should be thankful to 'TheWorse' instead of programmers and developers in Ubisoft. Becaue they have no plan for further updates and following performance improvement, they should feel shame for themselves.

18. rohithkumarsp

rohithkumarsp Member

GPU:
    NMsi GTX560Ti Twin Forzr2
    that's 32 bit dude, i tried, i need 64 bit , else the game crashes

19. jmx777

jmx777 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    With Maldos's high=ultra and medium=high.
    If you want to put high texs to get less shutter you have to change to medium in game and you'll see the differece.

:)

20. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Member

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    I've got 0.99 on with Maldos textures and the ultra textures definitely look better than the high textures. Is that meant to be the case? Are Maldos high textures better than the vanilla high textures but not as good as the vanilla ultra textures?

0.99 is definitely the best version TheWorse, its an outstanding job from you. I found 0.97 a little too bright when it was daytime to play but this is a lot better. I wouldn't mind it being a tad less bright but I can certainly live with it as it is now. Thanks man.