TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
  2. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Try this little trick:

Download the latest version of Disrupt: http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/?C=M;O=D (or any other gib tool you prefer to use):

1- Unpack the archives, disrupt-rxx_bxx folder will be created;
    2- Download the 0.8 patch by The Worse and generate a patch.fat and patch.fat with the DoF Preset set to light;
    3- Drag the recently generated patch.fat and patch.dat files to the bin directory on disrupt-rxx_bxx folder;
    4- Drag the patch.fat file over Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe, wait for its unpacking time. The patch_unpack will be created;
    5- Inside patch_unpack, access "generated\databases\generic" copy and paste the "cameracontex.lib" to a safe location on your hard drive;
    6- Delete the older disrupt-rxx_bxx folder and unpack a new one;
    7- Drag the patch.fat and patch.dat files you have downloaded through my link or The Worse's official 0.97c mod to the recently unpacked bin directory on disrupt-rxx_bxx folder;
    8- Drag the patch.fat file over Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe, wait for its unpacking time. The patch_unpack folder will be created;
    9- Inside patch_unpack, access "generated\databases\generic";
    10- Copy and paste the "cameracontext.lib" you have saved earlier into that folder, overwriting the already existing file;
    11- Go back to the bin folder and drag the "patch_unpack" folder over the Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe; The "patch_unpack.fat" and "patch_unpack.dat" will be created;
    12- Drag them to the data_win64 folder (Example: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Watch_Dogs\data_win64) and rename them to "patch.fat" and "patch.dat" respectively.

13- Run the game, now with lower fog (if you used my files) and light DoF;
    14- Spread the word, so people can try modding to heir own camera/DoF/fog desires;
    15- Be happy. :banana:

Wow... This looks like a sorcery! LoL

I think the safest way to know and change time speed (if that's what you speak of), is to follow the above mentioned tutorial.

Then, once you have unpacked the patch.fat file, you go to "engine\settings\" acces defaultgameconfig.xml, look for "TimeScale=28" and change it accordingly to your desired time passage speed.

If you speak of weather/climate changes, just go to "words\windy_city\generated" delete the "windy_city.game.xml", unpack files back, drag them to data_win64 and run the game, which is now with vanilla climate changes and weather.

I hope it helps and sorry if I misunderstood your hint. :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  3. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Whoa, don't delete the windy_city.game.xml. That's the core of any mod. That effects everything from weather to the lighting and bloom settings. If you really want an overall vanilla look that's fine, but otherwise you definitely want to keep it.

4. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I get something similar when I hack Electronic Signs. For 30 seconds I get minor ghosting and a lot of flickering textures then it goes away.

Disable SLI or set your 2nd card to Physx only. Watchdogs will run faster and less glitchy.

5. Oxyfrost

Oxyfrost New Member

GPU:
    2GB GTX 770
    Maldo Textures not working?

I have downloaded the latest 0.97 patch with Maldo textures. Followed instructions: copied the patch.dat and patch.fat files into the directory. Replaced the old ones.

Definitely working; the trees don't shake as weirdly like in 0.8

However, I cannot tell any difference from Maldo textures. I am still having extreme stutter on ultra. It's unplayable on ultra.
    On high, there is still significant stutter. This shouldn't happen, as I have a GTX 770 with 2GB of VRAM.

How do I know if Maldo Textures have actually worked?

6. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    First try turning v-synch down to 1 (I assume it's at 2 right?) Otherwise 2gb of vram just isn't enough for Ultra settings for this game. Maybe for plenty of others, but this game was optimized by drunken six year olds.

7. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Sure, mate. That's why I showed two options for two different things.
    And you couldn't be more right, windy_city.game.xml is very important for immersion itself as you have stated. :)

8. Oxyfrost

Oxyfrost New Member

GPU:
    2GB GTX 770
    It's not just on ultra. On high also, there is significant stuttering. Very frequent, especially when driving.

In addition, V-sync is off completely

9. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Ok, trying setting the texture setting to High as well as your graphical settings. If it's still stuttering a lot for you try testing another mod at those settings. The Pure E3 mod optimizes performance, though lowers quality some. TheWorse mod may just be loading too much at those settings for you. The civilian density alone can add a good amount for 2gb of vram.

10. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Member

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    other mods works fine, 0.8 version was good performance wise, but 0.97 is a stutter fest, impossible to play at ultra or high.

11. Citizen47

Citizen47 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX 2 GB OC
  12. register128

register128 Member

GPU:
    ASus GTX 1080 STRIX OC
    Amazing Quality "TheWorse" :thumbup: The Game looks absoluty Brilliant!!!

:) When its raining and even during the dry conditions :)

:thumbup: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU :thumbup:

TheWorse Mod 0.97c + MalDo Textures

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. register128

register128 Member

GPU:
    ASus GTX 1080 STRIX OC
  14. rohithkumarsp

rohithkumarsp Member

GPU:
    NMsi GTX560Ti Twin Forzr2
    it says , can you upload them in a different medium ?
    "This website/URL has been blocked until further notice either pursuant to Court orders or on the Directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications"

15. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Hello, I must admit I ve gotten a bit lost in all versions ... you have stated that you got the 097c version+ MalDo textures. Amazing ..

Does the new patch solve the stuttering ?

16. Citizen47

Citizen47 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX 2 GB OC
  17. Citizen47

Citizen47 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX 2 GB OC
  18. register128

register128 Member

GPU:
    ASus GTX 1080 STRIX OC
    Yeah that's really large but it looks fantastic :)

This really large view was only possible in this position where "Aiden" stands right there and with this look. I just wanted to get a screenshots where more details are available :)

19. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    I also realized flickering textures with Lunayahs Mod @ Driving mostly (road starts to flicker @ some parts) i didn't tried a different Nvidia Driver yet until i have captured all Light Reaction responses and can compare Driver changes efficiently but i would say try a different driver :)

the 340.43 Beta especially seems to have some issues and that very especially with Mods, though in Vanilla since the patch i also get sometimes translucent cars with it so that's iffy ;)

20. InvisibleGuru

InvisibleGuru New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 660 oc
    it seems to me that TheWorse Mod 0.8 has better graphics than 0.97c + MalDo Textures, I used both and now go back to 0.8 mod and im happy but only problem is tree movement:banana: