These "reality" ghost shows.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mr_ALLroy, Aug 9, 2012.

1. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Lol, one of my students has that magic 8 ball, it's fun to play with :D

Anyway, as I said, most people here believe that kind of stuff and many of them have their own experiences dealing with 'spirits'. It's often what people believe become their reality.

The TV shows here I can almost say they are fake, because it is not easy to get 'genuine' spiritual event to be aired every week. The easiest way to get the show running every week is by staging the event.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I guess you just have to be there at the time

3. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    I personally think that ghost hunters is among the best ghost hunting show.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I think they all are ridiculous.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

It's all stupid and fake. If you want to watch a bunch of idiots trying to catch ghosts you might as well watch something good like Ghostbusters

6. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    As i recall they supposedly faked the famous "jacket pulling" footage.

7. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I find that watching these shows is like watching crap like the Blair Witch. There is never any footage that proves, without a doubt, that any of this is real. Perhaps they need to pay the Ghosts and monsters more money? hehe.

8. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Greatest Show's Ever!
    people that can make a living by pulling that crap off just impress me and also make me sad for the culture/people in general.

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The real reason the boy ran away was because he saw the woman had a penis.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Entertaining is a better word for them, whether or not their EVPs etc are genuine who knows, but if you are looking for a fun filled ghost hunting show, the "Ghost Adventures" crew are easily the most fun you can have hunting ghosts

11. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    A professor at the AuburnUniversity was giving a lecture on Paranormal Studies.

To get a feel for his audience, he asks, 'How many people here believe in ghosts?'

About 90 students raise their hands.

Well, that's a good start. Out of those who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you have seen a ghost?'

About 40 students raise their hands.

That's really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?'

About 15 students raise their hand.

Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?'

Three students raise their hands.

That's fantastic. Now let me ask you one question further...Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?'
    Way in the back, Ahmed raises his hand.

The professor takes off his glasses and says 'Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have made love to a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience.'

The Middle Eastern student replied with a nod and a grin, and began to make his way up to the podium.

When he reached the front of the room, the professor asks, 'So, Ahmed, tell us what it's like to have sex with a ghost?'

Ahmed replied, "Damn, from way back there I thought you said Goats."

12. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I was forced to watch 3 of these shows last night. It turns out my own mother and sister like these shows. I want to be disowned.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    ^This...

ding ding ding...

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    The closest thing to proof for individuals is for them to experience paranormal stuff for themselves. Hearing stories or seeing them on TV or Youtube just isn't going to cut it. Especially when 99% are completely fabricated.

15. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Ya, pure b/s. Same with ufo crap.

16. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Thank you for this...:thumbup:

17. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    People still watch that crap? All I watch is Science channel and its mainly because I actually learn something from it.

18. Redawgc187

Redawgc187 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 X3
    So atoms and nuetrons only began to exist once we were able to see them not everything can be easily veiwed. I find it absolutely hilarious at how ignorant some people are (not you per say) but there are so many people that think life has no mysteries left that if it can't be seen it's not there. Look at how much we have discovered since the early 1900's and think about how much there is we have yet to learn. I think what we call spirits are like a recording of past that plays in a loop made possible by means we don't yet understand. However intelligent hauntings I have no idea to explain those.

19. Redawgc187

Redawgc187 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 X3
    I guess I think that tales of ghost have been around as long as people have and there has to be something to it. To simply deny the existence of something you know nothing or very little about is close minded. For those of you that disbelieve in the idea of ghost I have a challenge find a place that is local to where you live that is supposed to be haunted go there at night and stay for a couple hours and report back it may be fun. I would say to take friends but then you can create atmosphere where they might fake a ghost to scare you. Report your findings back here. You can always look up good spots on the net.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I also say.....[​IMG]