Thermalright shaman review

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by davetheshrew, Feb 17, 2011.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    well heres something thats 'suceptible' to your ears:wanker:

heres the AC card at 1m away
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/files/sounds/vga/ac-xtreme-plus-7v-9v-12v.mp3

shaman
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/files/sounds/vga/tr-shaman-6v-7v-9v-12v.mp3

AC:— 7V (16 dBA@1m)
    — 9V (19 dBA@1m)
    — 12V (24 dBA@1m)

shaman:— 6V (14~15 dBA@1m)
    — 7V (15 dBA@1m)
    — 9V (16~17 dBA@1m)
    — 12V (19~20 dBA@1m)

no contest.

push a AC cooler too 1000 core 1.400 volts and watch it fall to its knees, shamans cool with that. at load shaman is aroung 6db quieter and to our ears thats a hell of a difference. Lol want more? how about I put some crazy volts through my card, post temp screenshots and wait for an AC user to pass by? up to you dude suits me fine debunking your troll worthy claims

p.s you did state that AC was more silent, dont backpeddle and edit your posts, this is just too funny man.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    ^ The Shaman has only 73 cfm while the Accelero Xtreme plus has 81. The comparison on silentpcreview was using a hot case so you can expect a high end case to give the most benefit to the cooler which has the most airflow. Given the fact the comparison showed the Shaman being only 1 degree cooler than the Accelero Xtreme Plus, in a proper case the Accelero Xtreme Plus wins and the majority of benchmarks found on the web are confirming this.

As for noise again, yes of course at 12V the Shaman is more silent. However, if you use the PWM on the Accelero Xtreme Plus to turn it down until it gives you the same temps as the Shaman then the Shaman is not more silent. Moreover, the Shaman gives worse temps on the VRMs, it's more expensive and it takes up one more expansion slot while the Accelero Xtreme Plus is longer but we were talking high end cases, remember? So thanks bud, but no thanks. Were you hiding under my couch when you assumed I don't overclock? Go insult and accuse someone else, please. Thank you very much again indeed.

3. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Prove it, or apologize.

4. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    haha you know I cant prove it and I wont apologies for anything, Im not rubishing my thread anymore with your drivel about whats best, I beg you to send someone with a 6950 and AC to come here, Im well up for a showdown :) Your basing this on facts from a bs review, go buy one and back up your claim. Prove its hotter its on the vrm's without extras from other parts, Ive already got plenty to say they dont. The AC cooler sucks compared and looks awful, like a cheap transformer lol

oh dude read my comments, I havent insulted you once, just said you are wrong and talking out your arse+trolling me to hell, difference bud

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

5. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    anyway this thread has been derailed too much as it is, heres a benchie to give an idea of capability :)

[​IMG]

tried to include enough info on screen, take note of max temp in AB, Ive been benching most of the night and had this running, its not got hotter than 50c on the core!!

room temp: 17c
    antec 900 case all fans low
    shaman fan max 1300 rpm

verdict: silent, very noticably quicker than stock, vrm's are fine and not melting a hole to the centre of the earth as trumutton would like you to belive :)

going for faster tommorow :)

@matt, I havent forgotten mate Ive just had a lot on and certain someones have been holding me up a bit ^:wanker:, will disconnect the fan and have a go very soon :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  6. chas1723

chas1723 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce GTX670
    My shaman is doing quite well still. I am running Bionic on my GPU and so far the temp has topped out at 50*. I am running 900/1300 @ 1.175. Dave I wish I had as good of a card as you do. I was running at 930 and it was stable but I tried going to 950 and was having to go well over 1.2 to try to get stable. I was not ready to try to press it to hard just yet. I have not unlocked the shaders either.

7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    alright chas mate you need around 1.260 volts for a stable 950 core, more if you want to go higher, I bet your card is every bit as good as mine mate, with shaman fitted you can safely reach 1.3500-1.400v territory and still have amazing temps :) not that I recommend those voltages ;)

Ive found a few benchies and reviews regarding AC and this cooler, first ones running a gtx480, didnt you tell me AC beats the crap out of shaman with a 480, noise and temp?, yeah ya did :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aftermarket-vga-cooling-shaman,2797-4.html

and another

http://translate.google.com/transla...rs.ua/cooler/ac-thermalright-zalman-gtx480/4/

again, ths time against the MK-13
    http://www.overclockers.com/thermalright-shaman

and beating AC and MK-13

http://www.pc-experience.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=31056

Im no longer arguing whats best so please now trumutton just go to someone elses thread and 'prove' someone else wrong trololololol:biggun:

And note this one little fact, thermalright have revised the way the vrm sinks stick, they stick fast and dont pose a problem if you clean everything well, there is no thermal tape supplied, just sticky pads that work well :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  8. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cheers matey. Like i say, when u can dude, I understand ya a wee bit busy ;) no rush. Gotta sell my i7 950 before i can make any more moves ;)

9. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    You can't prove I backpedaled because I didn't backpedal and I don't need a braincell to know what an insult looks like. No wait, I'll backpedal on that... If I had to choose between the Shaman and the Accelero Xtreme Plus I would choose neither because both of them are far too expensive. Instead, I'll just use the braincell I have to order a P8P67 WS Revolution board and then I'll use the braincell I don't have to enjoy each one of its four PCIe slots. ;)

10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    haha best comeback evar!! look man, I dont care for this argument, it's stupid, so you think another coolers better, so what? why should I feel the need to challenge,we have different views. Fair enough I insulted your other braincell as I didnt mention it, sorry :nerd: joking dude and I agree the p8p67 is a fine choice and would put my money towards that rather than a cooler of any sort :)

11. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    very nice review and great cooler..any pics of it installed in the case? :)

12. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    got a rampage x58 board coming and some other nice bits so will post new pics then on the first post and also tidy a lot of things up, just havent had the time at the moment unfortunately :(

13. chas1723

chas1723 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce GTX670
    I take it you still have not been able to talk Thermalright into working on a vrm for these cards? I have sent them a couple of emails but have gotten no response.

14. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    aye they are really busy mate belive, I have asked but give it some time, the economic crisis affects us all, it costs a lot for the tooling to make the vrm sinks so they would have to be certain on a return, I suggested slightly modifying some existing ones but even I didnt get a response to that one lol!
    hope you understand and hope that helps. Like I said before though the ones you get are good enough for purpose but I agree I would like something a bit more meaty to compliment this awesome cooler

15. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Hey dude, just wondering if you've had chance to test that shaman on the passive yet mate?

16. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
  17. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    aye lol I wouldnt stress test with furmark passive!!!! id do it with a desk fan blowing at the side of the case but that defeats the purpose, you could game happily at stock though, I have, lol although it was an accident, I forgot to connect the fan, 2 hours of bbfc2 later and all was well :)

18. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Dave can you get side panel on your case with this cooler?

I've got an Antec 902 and I'm worried it'll interfere with the side panel.

19. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    yes I can mate theres about 2cm clearance left.

20. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    With case side fan in?