Thermal Take Xaser VI and negative air flow

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by mmaturen, Sep 26, 2009.

1. mmaturen

mmaturen Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 260 GTX
    Hello guys.

Right Now my whole rig rest on a Thermal Take Xaser VI:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1303&ID=1422

So far Ive had a wondrefull time with it, easy to put together, lots of space, lot of fans, but now that I swap my old 9600 for a 260gtx Im getting worried about heat inside (im in a tropical country) and I was wondering, any one have tried Reverse the air flow on this case? I have stock heat sink on both my video and my CPU, plus both my HDD sit at the bottom of the case...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Miguel

2. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    That's a good looking case Bro!

Even though I've not used one of them, there's benefits to changing up your case fans and direction of airflow in 99 out of 100 cases...and the only way to know is to test it yourself.
    After all, it only takes a couple minutes to reverse the fans...

I'm interested in your results - if you'd post in the Case Fan Guide (sticky at the top of this forum), it would help out a lot!

Take care, and post up some results!

Psychlone

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I have a Xaser V and I've found the best airflow with 2 front intake, 2 side intake, and 1 rear + 1 top exhaust...

4. mmaturen

mmaturen Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 260 GTX
    Well U guy I decided against Negative air Flow, My PSU gives out a lot of heat and it will be right next to the intake fans, But I did move one of the frontal Intake fans, and did an extra carefull cable tiding and, so far my temps are

CPU'S Idle betwen 60 to 62
    Load &0 to 72

GPU Idle 50 to 52
    Load 57 to 59

I think these are good temps considering both are on stock cooling, And so far this is the best case I've ever had...

Cheers.