Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme thermal grease has thermal conductivity of 14.2 W/mk

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Neo Cyrus likes this.
  2. Huggi

Huggi Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX Vega 64
    Not sure why the pictures show the syringe applicator. The 9mL version actually comes in a jar with three spatulas. See the TG product page or the Australian PC Case Gear reseller's page. The 2g version comes in a syringe though.
    Also, 14.2 W/mK for the Extreme versus the 12.5 W/mK for the "normal" Kryonaut... Wonder how much difference that actually makes?

3. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    As the the name and description says, it's mostly intended for extreme overclocking (sub-zero), due to stability at very low temperatures ...
    ... not a product for everyday usage.

I have the "normal" Kryonaut on both my CPU and my GPU and it's working as intended, shaved a few degrees in load temp from the stock paste. Is that much difference ? Not really... but if possible, why not ?

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You answered your own question there ...

d_mouse, Silva and buhehe like this.

5. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Shall try some of this next time I get ln2, so far preferring KPx over Kryo, maybe this new paste from Roman will convert me back to Grizzly

chispy and jura11 like this.
  6. Tomislav Makaj

Tomislav Makaj Guest

GPU:
    RTX2070 Gaming Z
    I can report a nice temperature drop on my friend's RX470 GPU. Since it was brand new under OC it gave out max temp around 74 degrees C. After changing the paste to Kryonaut with max OC under stress test the temps don't go over 66-67 C.

On the other side, when applied to a normal CPU there is maybe a 2-3 degree C difference and i am using it with my AIO. The thing i love the most is no need to change it since it is incredibly stable and there is no curing time...from the moment you put it on it gives max performance immediately.

To sum it up...amazing results when used in direct die contact applications such as GPUs, laptops, delidded CPU or anything alike, and above average performance when used on a regular CPU with an IHS.
    All in all an amazing product!

7. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Very expensive stuff and only for kids trying to get attention with OC records.
    Interesting that there are awesome products available, even if it doesn't make sense for the average John.

Just checked prices for other compounds and omg if the law of diminishing returns doesn't hit fast! You can get 4g of CoolerMaster MasterGel for 5€, and that's 11W/mk!

I use Artic MX-4 (8.5W/mk), I've had this 4g syringe forever (I used it on my i5 2500k) and performs awesome every time I use it.
    When I got my 2600 I wiped the stock thermal paste and applied this, happy CPU!
    Also cleaned and applied on an RX560 and later sold it, was happy too!

You don't need liquid metal, or absurdly expensive stuff. Just look for the best bang for your money.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Valken, -Tj-, barbacot and 1 other person like this.
  8. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    used to use a lot of thermal grizzly, but tend to use thermalright now, their TFX paste is 14.3, decent stuff. Using thermalright's TF8 at the moment which is 13.8.

9. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Tbh for daily use or binning CPUs or GPUs I just use MX4, though I have just taken receipt of 60g of GD900 that cost like £6 so looking forward to see how it compares to MX4

As for grizzly and KPx they really are more geared for xoc use and I pretty much will only use those products now for subzero as it does genuinely make a difference to your top clocks otherwise I could never justify spending that sort of cash on thermal paste

insp1re2600 likes this.
  10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I never tried KPx and can't comment how it performs, many people use rather KPx than Kryonaut

Currently trying ZF-EX(bought it over Aliexpress) which is repacked Thermalright TFX and seems is like 1-2°C better than Kryonaut

For normal GPU or CPU testing I use just Noctua NT-H1 which is performing like 1-2°C worse than Kryonaut on CPUs and on GPUs that depends, on Pascal GPUs Noctua NT-H1 is like 1-2°C better than Kryonaut and on Turing or Ampere Kryonaut is performing better than NT-H1

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Falkentyne, Matt26LFC and patteSatan like this.

11. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    be like using a tube of toothpaste will gd900 wont it?

12. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    WIth the price of that 9ml, you can actually buy a RX 580 8GB lmao...

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    What are the warnings?

14. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Will find out soon haha

insp1re2600 likes this.
  15. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    From what I have heard this stuff is only like .25 to.5 C better than the regular Kryonaut and gets beat by KPx. Some guy on Youtube reviewed the stuff in September while it was still not very available in the US.

16. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Halnziye Hy-p13 with 13.4w/mk and costs $5.26
    https://www.amazon.com/watersouprty-Extreme-Performance-Thermal-Silicone/dp/B07YSBTKH5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.halnziye.net/intro/2.html
    "Since its establishment in 2007, Halnziye has been committed to providing thermal
    interface materials with best quality but competitive prices. Insisting on this
    commitment, we have provided optimum products for numerous famous brands
    both in China and overseas, including Huawei,Lenovo, Foxconn, Zalman, Cooler
    Master,Spire etc.

Halnziye have always insisted on the customer-focused policy, striving to provide
    products and service that best suit the needs of our customers. Besides, we have
    devoted ourselves to establish a long-term and stable partnership with our clients.
    In the future, we will continue to do our best to provide quality products and
    service and to build our brand with public praise in this industry.

Halnziye has already built a comprehensive system of thermal interface materials,
    and the major products include silicone thermal grease, thermal glue, silicone
    thermal pad, and etc., which plays an indispensable role in the cooling of LED heat
    sink, CPU & VGA cooler, household appliances, medical facilities, and other
    electronic products.

Halnziye has never stopped the pursuing of good quality, and the performance of
    the products have all passed SGS authentication,the test items including CE, RoHS, PFOS, and SVHC etc.And in authoritative tests like CEPREI and Germany EKL."

17. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    .000001c difference.....although i might try this for my Ryzen 3800x

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I now use that coolermaster and it's a great paste.

No regrets.

19. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    I'm glad someone else noticed that ZF-EX Thermagic is TFX rebranded. I think I was the first to ask Luumi about that when I noticed they were the same color and that Thermagic seemed to have similar paste tiers as Thermalright. Which suggested that they were rebranding it either from Thermalright themselves, from their supplier, or "Thermagic" is somehow related to thermalright by name?

TFX is excellent paste and I used two syringes already. But at $40 for 6 grams, it's WAY too expensive if you are constantly repasting. And since i already paid $80 for two of them, I went ahead and just got the 33 grams of Kryonaut Extreme for $104. A lot more paste per dollar spent compared to TFX.

KE seems to be about the same performance on my shunt modded RTX 3090 FE as TFX. With both being several C better than the old Kryonaut.

jura11 likes this.
  20. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    what was the name of that cpu kit where you had to run the cpu at high temps to melt the metal onto the cooler.