Thermal BTU of a Core I7.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Jcazz, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    Question...does anyone know how many BTU an intel Core i7 CPU would put out....overclocked...i just need a good close number...nothing exact..

The reason is that i am looking at Chillers....and the chiller i am looking at says it can take 1200BTU, its a 1/10 hp chiller....with a min flow of 158gph and max of 270gph.....its already expensive for new...and i dont want to go up in Horsepower if i dont need too... anyone?

2. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
  3. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    For comparison, my 9550(stock) is rated at 95w, 324BTU.

4. Pyro the Dragun

Pyro the Dragun Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 555M
    How low temperature-wise are you wanting to go?

5. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    well ill be running Glycol "antifreeze" and water..So no lower really than 38F...mabe a tab lower but depends on how the computer is setup...The Chiller is digital programmable, so i can raise temps up and down... i am thinking when in windows have the CPU running at 3.8ghz...run water temps just enough to do the right job..."that way compressor isnt kicking on and off" and turn up the heat when i play sum games...4.4+ghz and drop water temps to 34F at that point....

i am still 2-4 weeks out.. 4th of july weekend, i might take my boat out...time to own at the lake with the outboard...so it will have to be when i get back..:biggun:

6. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    Well....looking at chillers are pointless when i found this, i forgot about it acutally....does it work like advertised or is there some other bs to it all? and how well does it work? any one with experience....and what about insulation. i need it all folks. thanks.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...56_1366_939_940_AM2_AM2_AM3.html?tl=g49#blank

edit...well nm looking at the reviews...i am not sure...lol

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  7. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    With a good quality Phase Change you can get temps below 0c, depending on equipment. They are loud and chug power. Imagine it like being next to a small fridge. Right next to it.

8. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    Humm. i am also thinking about using a nice TEC unit with a good chiller that i can find to get water temps to 35-45 F delta. most people will take a TEC unit and use a good radiator to cool the hot plate. well the best thing to do really is to use the TEC with a good Water Chiller, while it adds to the electric bill....yes, but like it matters anyways with someone like me with 3 vid cards and an oced system...

I think the TEC would cool alot better this way. dropping tec temps even more and also faster. This setup would also have a easier failure rate. but at lower cost and would most likely get you "close enough" to phase change ect.

Does anyone know how many AMPS a good regular phase change cooler eats up

9. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    TEC will get you close to 0c, and its effectiveness depends heavily on the watercooling used to cool the hot side.

10. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    I know this thred is old....but i thought if anyone wanted to know what there CPU thermal output in wattage.... here is a calculator that works great.

Good for knowing what type of refrigeration system would be best.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/tools.jsp#cpuoc