there will b no HALO 3!!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by icywind32, Apr 17, 2006.

1. icywind32

icywind32 Master Guru

GPU:
    ati 6970 2gb
    yes i kno i just read it ...... instead there will b sumthing called "foreerunner" from bungie..... i kno i just read an article of it in the new gamepro mag(the one wit the god of war 2 on the back cover) ......

2. Darkasantion

Darkasantion Master Guru

GPU:
    Club 3D HD5870 1035/1325
    WTF? Nooooo? Why thats, finally some good game to continue and they stop!
    M$!

3. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    No Halo 3 !? But the end of Halo 2 was a cliffhanger!!! Son of a *****! How could they do that to me!? Halo 2 is coming to Windows Vista, so why not make Halo 3 !?

****!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  4. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    Similair information was released a while ago by Game Informer magazine.

Don't despair Darkasantion & Arzek, the issue being discussed is merely that 'Halo 3' will not be called 'Halo 3' but instead 'Forerunners' or something similair (If you recall Forerunners are the species that built the Halo network). However this is only speculation not fact yet. It seems unlikely that the 'Halo' name will be completely dropped from the title due to its large brand recognition. More likely the title will feature both the term 'Halo' and 'Forerunners.'

A more interesting development has been the rumor of the Halo MMOFPS, codenamed Orion.

5. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I would have believed that Halo 3 would be called Halo 3: Forerunners... It would make sense since Halo was supposed to be a trilogy. I just hope that bungie doesn't do anything stupid, since Halo 1 & Halo 2 were such spectacular games.

6. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV

Agreed, I find it hard to believe they would not make a game that would bring in considerable revenue. Especially since it would appear on the 360 as well as Vista futher down the line.

7. Darkasantion

Darkasantion Master Guru

GPU:
    Club 3D HD5870 1035/1325
    Halo 3 will be for the next next-generation Windows ^^ With DX 11 and SM/PS5! [Just kidding]

8. Halo 3 will indeed be coming out for the 360, though it may not be called "Halo 3", I could not concieve microsoft making such a stupid descision. After all "Xbox is the house that Halo built"

9. monkey_feces

monkey_feces Guest

I wouldn't trust that piece of $h1t gamepro magazine. It seems like it keeps getting cheaper and cheaper every issue; the magazine is only like 14 pages and 3/4 of it is ads. Lucky i'm not paying for my subscription because i would be pissed if i crapped away 50 dollars on 20 pages of actual gaming publication.

10. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    i doubt it, without Halo 3 x box is nothing

btw halo 1 and 2 sucked

11. icywind32

icywind32 Master Guru

GPU:
    ati 6970 2gb
    lol damn ppl just cuz they changed the name u guys think that they not making halo 3 lmao..... well anyway the project rite now is called forerunner..... im sure they will eveentually call it halo 3:forerunner

12. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    What is sooo good about the HALO series, i played the 1st one and there was nothing original or great about it just a very average FPS.

I hope they scrap Halo 2 and 3 cos they are sh*te.

13. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    My opinion:

FAR CRY > all other games
    HALO ~ HALO2
    HALO 1&2 > DOOM3
    HALO 1&2 ~ HL2
    FEAR > DOOM3
    FEAR < HL2, HALO 1&2
    QUAKE 4 > DOOM3
    QUAKE 4 < HL2, HALO 1&2, FEAR
    COD2 > QUAKE4, DOOM3
    COD2 < FEAR, HALO 1&2, HL2

Halo 1 and 2 are in my opinion very atmospheric. Sure, they aren't as special as Far Cry or HL2, but they sure are masterpieces. Especially considering that they both run very well on an XBOX and look great too. The high-res textures in the HALO world are something that not all pc games of today pull off. Anyone who's ever zoomed in 5x into a wall with a sniper rifle in Halo knows what I mean. And the playability of both Halos is superior to the vast majority of today's pc games also.

14. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870

Damn right.

You played any of the xbox versions? Any good?

15. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Nope, and never will. From what I've heard, they're crap compared to the pc Far Cry. (a bit off topic) Imagine this: My 6800GT @ Ultra can run FC at 1280*1024, 2xAA, 16xAF, all settings maxed no problem! FPS stays pretty much at a constant 60-80. I can only imagine how my upcoming 7900GT will play Far Cry (probably @ 1600*1200 res, 2xAA, 16xAF, all settings maxed at a constant 90fps ;))

Anyways, I can't praise Far Cry enough. It's just such an excellent game, and it seems to be very optimized for my 6800GT. It plays well, it has a good atmosphere, beautiful graphics coupled with ludicrously large surroundings make me proud to own a pc, and the enemy AI is (for the most part) the best I've seen to date. Well, maybe FEAR's AI is a bit better, but not by much.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006

16. HellsAn631

HellsAn631 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295 715/1250
    Halo 3 Will be a movie, i have already seen offical scripts on the net, "leaks" from bungie, but i will not read them because i dont want to spoil the fun.

I might beleave that halo 3 would become a MMOFPS, but i dont know why they would make a game AND a movie.

Also, to respond to Arzek about Far Cry, i agree with you. BUT, i have seen better AI, from unreal. Their "godlike" ai on Unreal Championship (for xbox), is really, GODLIKE. its like Aimbot to the 2millionth power, very hard to even get a single kill on instagab.

17. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    There are plans for a Halo movie and a Halo 3 ('Forerunners'), as well as rumors of a Halo MMOFPS ('Orion').

They would make a great deal of cash from milking the franchise for a game AND a movie, in fact last month IGN reported a March 07 release date for Halo 3 so Microsoft would be able to a joint promotion for the movie and game.

As for the script you have seen, a website released a fake Halo 3 game script in early October of last year and a Halo 3 movie script was featured on Latino Review - which may be fake as well as some have pointed out that it follows the plot of the The Flood and the game point for point.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  18. .:sTreeT:.

.:sTreeT:. Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GT CO 256MB 470/1100
    i never understood why people liked halo....the single player is just generic fps crap, any pc gamer would know that...the only reason they make so much money is because consoles are so mainstream and thats why you hear the frequented term "console fan boys". Far cry was pretty...but that's about it. The gameplay got very repititive as soon as the mutants came into play...i thought it got pretty lame from there on. I would have to say Half Life and Half Life 2 have to have the greatest single player campaigns of all time.

19. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

I owned Unreal championship once upon a time... and the AI was nothing special compared to Far Cry; the enemies would never respond to getting shot until their head would fly off followed by a long burst of blood, and they'd fly across the air thanks to the ragdoll physics. Also, they didn't have any manouvers, they'd just run past you letting the bullets from their weapons compensate any tactical manouvers they could have conduted in addition... Yes, the game was hard with godlike, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee good AI (hehe, godlike aim is not the same thing as godlike AI).

20. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Ummmm I've been playing PC games ever since before the days of Sierra's point-and-click adventures, I even subscribed to PC game magazines in the 80s: I have almost every single "major" PC game of the current day installed on my computer right now, and I can tell you Halo is NOT just generic fps crap.

I don't own an XBOX and I will never own an XBOX360, and my computer is and will be my game machine.

I've played virtually every single "hit" FPS since the original Wolfenstein 3D (I still remember going into an electronics store when it first came out and being "wowed" by the graphics)...

Halo is an excellent game. An excellent game. The gameplay might not seem superficially different than any other FPS, and that's in fact what I thought "Halo? Big friggin deal"..... But when you actually play it, it becomes OBVIOUS that the gameplay has been finely finely tailored for you to have a FUN experience. Halo was probably the only truly "FUN" FPS I have played in the last three years (and keep in mind I've played nearly every major FPS game).

I loved Halo so much I actually did play Halo 2 on an XBOX with a friend and had a total blast playing it. I can't wait to get it on PC.

Games like FEAR and Far Cry are decent first-person experiences, but there is simply no FUN factor like there is for Halo.

That's my opinion anyway.