There are rumors about isolation of Russia`s segment of Internet...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by mbk1969, Mar 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    OK so being in Chicago, when i open a tab in edge i get this page

[​IMG]

And when i click on link i get this

[​IMG]

even imgur are getting in on it!

[​IMG]

I was driving round Scotland today and there's a town named after a big Russian city, of course it has Ukranian flag draped over the town sign,
    This ain't gonna last that much longer, better for Putin the sooner he gets his troops out imo.

2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    The people are reporting the truth. The average person with a cell phone that is brave enough to record atrocities is more than enough. There is tons of cellphone footage from innocent Ukrainians all over the web. Ya can't get no closer to the ground than that.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  4. Why_Me

Why_Me Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC 8800GT 512

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    The average person reporting the truth is a double edged sword.
    I am referring to the fact that posting videos, photos on social media without scrambling or deletion of EXIF metadata is a security risk. A real one.
    To context, uploading a video or a photo with that metadata gives more credibility but in the same time gives on a silver plate the location and GPS data to the attacker.

If something needs to be learn quickly, is that in a war people need to be aware that the mere digital data can be weaponized. Using privacy tools, open source solutions can make a real life and death difference.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Somewhere I read for Russia to be basically impaired it would need to drop down to 70%

DannyD likes this.
  7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Also heard from a sauce. That one gym got blown to bits since one Ukrainian soldier shared an image on instagram while they were planning counter offensive.

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    That's the gist of it. That soldier wasn't aware of EXIF data embedded in a harmless photo and sorry to say it bluntly, he "signed" everyone in that gym their death sentences.

This is why one has to learn about privacy and details about their digital life.
    Again, sorry to use that brutal situation to preach about privacy and all, but its the most "in your face" example one can have to realise this is beyond serious. This is vital.

386SX likes this.
  9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    But yes it's easily life and death situation. I think it's a good place to preach.

10. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm talking about a neutral party that would take footage from both sides, verify it and attempt to give as much context to any event as possible. Was a building, or a house that got destroyed targeted for no reason at all, was it an accident, was there military or military equipment in or around that area etc.
    For so many of these videos being shown on the news / social media, you can find a video directly countering the previous interpretation. And since 99.99% of people aren't going to dig through the internet ( Including me. But I ran across enough, even within the first few days, to know that a lot of what we're seeing and hearing from msm / front pages of social media should be taken with a grain of salt ) it would be nice to have a place you can go to for objective reporting on any event, based on verified footage.

Example: Phone video: "oh no, they're targeting shopping centers, look at all the destruction..." vs UAV footage showing you that rocket systems were being stored in that exact mall.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Preach is a word associated with dogmas and stigma.
    Let's stick to raise awareness. Let's make it proactive.

People, use free software, with the user in control of the data.Not vice versa.

386SX likes this.
  12. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    So you have satellite images with Mariupol erased and you still need footage from neutral party? You are Unreal indeed.

[​IMG]

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    This thread is no place for conspiracies nor long winded debates, keep up the great work fellow gurus.❤️

14. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    And was I talking about Mariupol or it not being erased? What is even the point of your post?

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well they are targeting pretty much anything. That is what you will hear from Ukrainians living there. Just Russians shooting at things because they are things. Not necessarily having anything to do with military. Sure the line men can be lied to that there are for example snipers in buildings and they just end up destroying everything.

burebista likes this.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I am guessing biggest reason for annexing Crimea was to have a bigger hold on the black sea and to use it for such purposes.

DannyD likes this.
  17. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    All I'm saying is, having a neutral party with as much verified footage from both sides, about any event, would be great. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want that.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I don't believe such thing is even remotely possible. Everyone will have a bias literally everyone.

19. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, It Is just wishful thinking on my part.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Sad but true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.