Theater Mode option in 2020?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by fierygt, Feb 16, 2020.

1. fierygt

fierygt New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4850x2
    Ok, so I am wondering if there is any kind of a solution for this in 2020. It seems weird there isn't. But a long time a go in a galaxy far far away, ATI had something called 'theater mode' in their drivers, and nvidia called it 'video mirroring'. What it did, was allow you to project video running on the main monitor, fullscreen onto a second monitor. And by 'long time ago', I mean, this works in windows 7, if Aero is disabled, and with older video cards with older drivers that still have the previously mentioned options. I am still using very old hardware, and windows 7, just to make it happen. I bring it up now, because my Radeon HD4850 x2 decided to crap out, and I reverted back to an 'emergency' 3870x2. It seems nuts I have to use this ancient hardware just to get video to project fullscreen onto a second monitor. So...anybody know what I am talking about, and if there is any kind of a solution so I can join 2020, hardware wise? Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]
    **For some reason I can't insert an image (new to the forum) but here is a link to what I am talking about if it helps: https://imgur.com/a/CkEFaZK

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You can config Windows to mirror one display to another.

3. fierygt

fierygt New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4850x2
    Right, but mirroring one display to the 2nd, or extending it, is not what I am referring to. This is solely about taking a video that is running windowed from a primary display, and projecting it fullscreen onto the second simultaneously.