1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    warlord likes this.
  2. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    XP-200 likes this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Yeap, you just got the Ultimate edtion for 5 euros, and the game is being delisted in September, so you got yourself a little bit of Forza history to keep. ;)

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

Keitosha likes this.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I have a nice 65 inch 4k Samsung tv in our living room, nice TV, HDR, gaming mode, blah blah. We painted and did some remodeling so I put my xbox one x in my office while this was being done. I hooked it up to my 4k monitor (no hdr), and I was blown away at how many more details I could see on the monitor vs. the tv. Our couch is within the range of our tv suggested on websites. Yet it seems I don't see the details as crisp as I do on the monitor.

What's the deal?

I've left the system in my office for now as it's almost like playing a whole new console this way. I did have to get used to the lack of HDR.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Might be because you are sitting closer and the monitor is at eye level and straight on, whereas Tv are usually further away, but i am using a 43in 4k HDR Tv as a PC monitor and games do look a lot more detailed when it is on your face like this, and a lot of tvs have a very short view range if you are too much to the left or right to them..........but i still prefer my lazy comfy couch as compared to my PC chair, swings and roundabouts, although i do have HDR on this TV by the PC just does not do it right no matter what settings i try, whereas on the console it just works, which i what i want the PC to do with it, getting really lazy these days. lol

65in though, that is too big to not be enjoying(she said to the vicar), have you calibrated it, i have a 55in 4k hdr and out of the box it was a mess, you would think it was a 1080p at that point. lol

SerotoNiN likes this.
  7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    PPI is one serious thing. And pc rgb vs standard is the second. Xbox recommends the standard hdmi space instead pc rgb for a reason. Perhaps some settings conflict with one device or another. Especially HDR.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Might need to calibrate it. Seems a waste to not have a system connected to it. I might just hook my switch up to it since details matter less to me re: that system. Kind of enjoying the more intimate monitor experience with the one in the office right now.

9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Whatever one you feel gives you the best experience.....but if your not going to use that 65in can i have it. :p

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    SerotoNiN likes this.

11. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Funny story. Won it in a raffle at my wife's work party last Christmas. Her boss had 3 of them up for grabs and handed out tickets to everyone who showed up. The luck was with us that night. She had a winning ticket.

XP-200 likes this.
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Oh well that is even better, a free 65in TV. :)

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Blair Witch coming to Game Pass 30th August. :)

signex and SerotoNiN like this.
  14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I wouldn't pay $60 for it, but on this sub, I'll give it a shot for sure. Love it, so many titles I get a chance to play I normally wouldn't

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Yeah i doubt i would have even looked at the game if it were not on GP, but you never know,it might be up there with RE7, although ii thought it was more Hills have Eyes than RE supernatural horror......but BW might be more supernatural horror.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    One for old click and grid RPG fans here, The Bards tale IV Directors cut is now up on Gamepass, it is a remake of the old style of dungeon master, eye of the beholder type movement, although you can also chose free movement, and the fighting is turn based with a lot of options, and a note on the fantastic audio in the game, from voice work to sound and music, really been enjoying it, not too fast paced and you have to think about your battles, well worth a look if you love old style rpgs.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I'm wondering, will the One X still be relevant when the new consoles come out? I mean at 1080p it should be able to play the new console games right?

SerotoNiN likes this.
  18. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Up to 4K will still be viable I believe. Its GPU is absolute equal to RX580. With good optimization it should stay 4K @30fps or 1440P @30fps, 1080P/730P @60fps. Even in borderlands 3 RX580 is still able to push 30fps at 4K. It is not so obsolete if you give it some love and care as a game developer.

19. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Been thinking this for a while. Such as the launch Halo game for the next-gen system. If it's 4k/60, couldn't the X do 1080/30? Naturally I'm sure Microsoft will force the X to be retired so they can grab more money from the new system. But it would be nice if they did something like this. If even for a year or so into Scarlet's life. Give gamers who supported the X some support in return.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think MS will support it for while. Their recent strategy has been about not caring where people buy their games, just that they buy them. The CPU might limit some/many games.

Surely 1080/30 could be manageable though?

SerotoNiN likes this.